Excalibur Redraw

6 replies to this topic

#1 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:05 PM

Heya, thought I'd take a wack at redesigning the Excalibur to give it a more modern feel. For this concept I decided to make two different shoulder armor designs, one more blocky (1) and one more rounded like the original (2) which do you prefer?

Any feedback or comment is greatly appreciated!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Mech42Ace, 04 May 2016 - 03:06 PM.

#2 Riot Frost

• PipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 29 posts
  • LocationIn the Void, or in the cockpit, of the Raven 3L

Posted 04 May 2016 - 04:15 PM

Yes i am with wizard (on both things) the roundness makes it look better
And compared to other mechs in the 70 class, that loadout makes anyone cry

But other than that, it is an excellent redraw Mech42, keep it up!

Edited by Riot Frost, 04 May 2016 - 04:16 PM.

#3 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:55 PM

Maybe give it some hard point inflation to help ppl enjoy a unique loadout.

#4 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:25 PM

Trying to post a pic of the cover art from Era Report: 2750 but the damn forum wont let me.

I like the similarities to the MWO Centurion, defiantly the right direction but I always pictured the Excalibur sharing some similarities to the Black Knight.

Also, you can loss the right hand. The stats have no right hand actuator, it's a 'dummy hand' that only exist to disguise the Gauss muzzle (silly, I know but that's what the TRO said) The 'sword' is part of the Gauss muzzle as well much like the armor plates on the Highlander's Gauss.

#5 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:03 PM

View PostSteel Raven, on 04 May 2016 - 09:25 PM, said:

Trying to post a pic of the cover art from Era Report: 2750 but the damn forum wont let me.

I like the similarities to the MWO Centurion, defiantly the right direction but I always pictured the Excalibur sharing some similarities to the Black Knight.

Also, you can loss the right hand. The stats have no right hand actuator, it's a 'dummy hand' that only exist to disguise the Gauss muzzle (silly, I know but that's what the TRO said) The 'sword' is part of the Gauss muzzle as well much like the armor plates on the Highlander's Gauss.

Good idea, some users on another forum suggested that I reshape the head, I'll definitally look to the black knight for reference for this, something more "Knight" helmet shaped.

I'll definitally ditch the right hand, it'll give more room for the Gauss rifle which I think may be a bit small.

Thanks for the replies guys! :) Will have the final concept uploaded Soon^TM after I clear up some other things on my schedule.

#6 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:05 PM

I like the blocky variant much better - considering its a fighting machine replacement of round Parts would be much harder than replacement of blocky Parts.

View PostMarack Drock the Unicorn Wizard, on 04 May 2016 - 04:07 PM, said:

Also am I the only one who cries at this mech's loadout?

Well was pretty solid in Closed Beta. But the LRM doesn't deal enough splash damage to be worth now.
But loadout is Ok considering that YLW 3 didn't had a different one when Kai was presenting his Swansong.

Btw: maybe you can create a Gauss where Parts like capacitors and other bulk parts look as they were part of the RT?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users