- - - - -

Gaming Mouse Pads?

20 replies to this topic

#1 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:18 PM

Uhhhhh, did I type Pad? lol I meant mouse :)

4 to 6 button (maybe just 4) and around $10? I'm also looking for a better, bigger keyed keyboard.

I've tried looking through Amazon and there are SO many...

Also, a nice working headset with mic. I'm returning one now because I can't be heard. I even took my PC to the shop, I thought something must be wrong with it. I have a 10-year-old one that has fallen apart that I'm using, lol.

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 07 May 2016 - 09:46 AM.

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:42 PM

You're looking for mouse pads with buttons?!

That's kind of cool, actually. I think I'd like to have a few customizable buttons on my mouse pad. Never heard of that before, though.

Or just looking for a cheap multibutton mouse?

#3 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:47 PM

If you're looking for a really inexpensive multi button gaming mouse, you could try this (free shipping, $7 CDN, so like $1.50 USD): http://www.aliexpres...0208.8.9.DZ0tnL

#4 IQcreditscore

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:22 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 06 May 2016 - 04:47 PM, said:

If you're looking for a really inexpensive multi button gaming mouse, you could try this (free shipping, $7 CDN, so like $1.50 USD): http://www.aliexpres...0208.8.9.DZ0tnL

I think it's like $1 USD. Lol. Actually 5 bucks and change so really cheap.

I like wired but honestly if it worked for longer than a weeek I would be amazed.

#5 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:27 PM

View PostFLINTCOIN, on 06 May 2016 - 05:22 PM, said:

I think it's like $1 USD. Lol. Actually 5 bucks and change so really cheap.

I like wired but honestly if it worked for longer than a weeek I would be amazed.

Not me. I've actually used a lot of stuff from there - I've got an LED backlit keyboard that cost me $3 on Aliexpress two years ago attached to the computer my kids (2 and 4) use, and it still works fine. It's not an awesome mechanical keyboard or super-amazing, but it's a perfectly functional keyboard that's lasted a ton of abuse.

Mice are simple things, and don't really have many moving parts. They tend to last, simply because there's not much to break.

I mean, this is a very cheap mouse, so don't expect a super amazing sensor - but it should work just fine. There's 140+ reviews, virtually all 4 or 5(max) star reviews. No reason to expect anything else.

It may not last years, but... It's a really cheap mouse. Buy a new one every 6 months, and you're fine.

#6 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:37 PM

I use a Cyborg RAT 7 mouse and a Razer Anansi keyboard. Both are great and I'd recommend them.

#7 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:49 PM

View PostSpike Brave, on 06 May 2016 - 06:37 PM, said:

I use a Cyborg RAT 7 mouse and a Razer Anansi keyboard. Both are great and I'd recommend them.

At ridiculously high cost.

The OP specified $10.

Suggesting Razer gear is rather useless.

But I'll go back to that thread title: I want a mouse pad with a couple buttons. I think that's a brilliant idea.

Edited by Wintersdark, 06 May 2016 - 06:49 PM.

#8 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:21 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 06 May 2016 - 06:49 PM, said:

At ridiculously high cost.

The OP specified $10.

Suggesting Razer gear is rather useless.

But I'll go back to that thread title: I want a mouse pad with a couple buttons. I think that's a brilliant idea.

He was too busy outfitting his tower with LEDs to match his Razr gear so he didnt read the OP

#9 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:30 PM

View PostBoogie138, on 06 May 2016 - 09:21 PM, said:

He was too busy outfitting his tower with LEDs to match his Razr gear so he didnt read the OP

It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine.

Someone asks for some advice for gear, and specifies that cost is a concern, and someone else will inevitably, always, say how this or that part for literally ten times the cost works great. Well, duh.

If your budget for a mouse is $250, and another $100 for the keyboard, there's a hell of a lot of very great options. Though I'd argue razer gear isn't particularly great - it's not bad, but IMHO there's a lot of "Apple Product" mentality there, where you've paid a hell of a lot for something, so it must be great... this is neither here nor there though.

It's like... "Hey, I need to find a passable car for under a thousand dollars." "I'm driving a Bugatti Veyron, it's great and I'd recommend it"

I'm sure Spike above didn't mean his comment this way (likely just didn't read carefully), but it ends up coming across rather insulting.

#10 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:36 PM

If you want something slightly more than $10, I used to have a MS IntelliMouse Optical. 5 buttons, at around $20 when I bought one. Durable, reliable, and generally all-around good.

On NewEgg it seems to be around $30 US. Still above your budget, but I can say that this one is durable as heck. It's also nice and chunky if you have big hands.

Edited by Fox With A Shotgun, 06 May 2016 - 09:36 PM.

#11 Poundcake

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 05:48 AM

You guys are going to love this advice.....wait for it ....

I just look at what PGI s banning for tournament use ....and then buy that ; )

#12 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:22 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 06 May 2016 - 09:30 PM, said:

It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine.

Someone asks for some advice for gear, and specifies that cost is a concern, and someone else will inevitably, always, say how this or that part for literally ten times the cost works great. Well, duh.

If your budget for a mouse is $250, and another $100 for the keyboard, there's a hell of a lot of very great options. Though I'd argue razer gear isn't particularly great - it's not bad, but IMHO there's a lot of "Apple Product" mentality there, where you've paid a hell of a lot for something, so it must be great... this is neither here nor there though.

It's like... "Hey, I need to find a passable car for under a thousand dollars." "I'm driving a Bugatti Veyron, it's great and I'd recommend it"

I'm sure Spike above didn't mean his comment this way (likely just didn't read carefully), but it ends up coming across rather insulting.

You are correct. I shouldn't have posted when I was tired. I didn't read it carefully and had thought the OP was just interested in what other people were using. For further information, it's not the brands it about my biology. I've suffered damage to both of my hands. The RAT 7 is highly configurable for both shape and weight which allows me to use the thumb buttons and grip it properly. I use a mechanical keyboard because it's easier for me to detect the tactile feedback. I apologize to the OP if you found this post to be insulting.

Edit: Forgot to answer the OP. Microsoft sells a nice multi button mouse and ergonomic keyboard in a box. I purchased this for about $25 dollars about 5 five years ago and I still see it being sold. I still use both for work. Very reliable and I've had no problems with failures.

Edited by Spike Brave, 07 May 2016 - 09:30 AM.

#13 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:47 AM

And I forgot to say...NO WIRELESS!

And links are great.

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 07 May 2016 - 09:48 AM.

#14 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:00 AM

Yeah, I love how the RAT's are adjustable, I've huge hands so that's a big plus for me, and mechanical keyboards are marvelous. Just quite expensive.

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 07 May 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

And I forgot to say...NO WIRELESS!

And links are great.
yeah, I'm not a fan of wireless either. Not because of the standard reasoning, though - people say latency but that's ********. No, my issue with wireless mice is twofold.

1) Children. They steal my mice.
2) Batteries die - both in terms of performance charge and over time they just hold less of a charge. Too many times I've had a mouse stop working reliably due to low battery right in the middle of a tense gaming session.

So yeah, 100% wired for me too.

#15 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:02 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 06 May 2016 - 04:47 PM, said:

Price is right, even to take a chance on it. If I can get one I really like I'd pay a little more. I also have bad hands (both Carpel tunnels and basil joints in my thumbs) . I also have large hands.

Back in the days of EverQuest (EverCrack) I had a number of special things like a half keyboard, half rollerball from Belkin (I wonder if I can find it) And a brand of rollerballs that they no longer make (Logitech) . At one time I was playing 5 accounts on 4 PCs at the same time.....yea, i know....

A bad neck, back, shoulders, hands, thumbs etc etc were the reasons I got out of PC gaming and it has pulled me back in, lol

I'm now 55 years old and disabled and I live on $733.00 a month so...the days of spending a lot on certain things is over.

#16 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:11 AM

View PostFox With A Shotgun, on 06 May 2016 - 09:36 PM, said:

If you want something slightly more than $10, I used to have a MS IntelliMouse Optical. 5 buttons, at around $20 when I bought one. Durable, reliable, and generally all-around good. On NewEgg it seems to be around $30 US. Still above your budget, but I can say that this one is durable as heck. It's also nice and chunky if you have big hands.

That looks nice. I do not want too many buttons and I do have big hands.

WHOOAAAA, I was buying one and then saw 40 days shipping WITH Air mail! lol

PLEASE find me something on Amazon!

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 07 May 2016 - 10:26 AM.

#17 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:23 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 07 May 2016 - 10:02 AM, said:

Price is right, even to take a chance on it. If I can get one I really like I'd pay a little more. I also have bad hands (both Carpel tunnels and basil joints in my thumbs) . I also have large hands.
I actually ordered one as a spare mouse. Looks like it'd be decent for my giant paws, and yeah, at just a couple dollars if it doesn't work out well it goes in the drawer as a spare mouse anyways.

Back in the days of EverQuest (EverCrack) I had a number of special things like a half keyboard, half rollerball from Belkin (I wonder if I can find it) And a brand of rollerballs that they no longer make (Logitech) . At one time I was playing 5 accounts on 4 PCs at the same time.....yea, i know....
It's too bad nobody makes gaming trackballs. A good trackball, while strange initially, can be excellent to game with and has the advantage of being static, so it's not a strain on your wrist. But there's so few, and those that do exist tend to be lacking good gaming features.

A bad neck, back, shoulders, hands, thumbs etc etc were the reasons I got out of PC gaming and it has pulled me back in, lol

I'm now 55 years old and disabled and I live on $733.00 a month so...the days of spending a lot on certain things is over.
I hear that. I'm just 40, but have been unnecessarily hard on myself over my life (Oh, how I ignored all those people saying I'd regret things when I was older), so I totally get that. I can still run a mouse well enough, but I'll never be twitch competitive anymore... Broke the arm and wrist too many times, never really healed 100%. And kids, kids ensure I can never spend much on myself anymore :)

But yeah. If you find anything else interesting, post it!

#18 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:28 AM

Here's something inexpensive and interesting:

https://m.aliexpress...2643139843.html

Posted Image
For $15

Both optical mouse and trackball.

#19 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:51 AM

Logitech made THE trackball. You can find used ones selling for $100's. This one was the best one ever made http://www.amazon.co...9_t2_B0043T7FXE

BUT, it seems that they ripped off the design from another company for then sued them and they had to stop making it, But the smaller company also went out of business so...now no one makes it.

Logitech tried to replace it with this, but it is not even close to being the same. http://www.amazon.co...=logitech+mouse

#20 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:03 AM

I also tried this one but........ http://www.amazon.co...65NE87TVW88GVQG

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 07 May 2016 - 11:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users