Why Direct Players To The Hk Ts3 Community Hub When It Very Obviously Isn't Used?

26 replies to this topic

#21 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:38 AM

The Kurita hub is there so that players can find groups, or make groups themselves.

Having run the TS since its inception, I know that there are periods where it gets a little less active. However, I also see a LOT of players, hop in, quickly look, don't see people straight away and jump out.

I have also seen several players sat in looking for group channels, and not one of them has gone, oh wait, lets actually form a new group.

Yes existing units/groups and vets will come looking for people to fill out numbers, yes most of us will be happy to have people drop in and ask if they can join. However, we are not here to instantly see you in teamspeak, make a group just so you can jump in.

Be sensible if people are busy/not around, hop in a drop channel, and keep playing your game, people will actually come to You.

Most of the experienced/long term groups only use the LFG function to add people they don't have on friends list into a drop group as its easier than adding them as a friend, than waiting for PGI's slow friends list to update.

Edited by ManaValkyrie, 11 May 2016 - 07:39 AM.

#22 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:59 AM

It is of course polite of you to wait to be invited into a group, but I wouldn't be shy about just joining whatever channel you want and asking for an invite. If there is room, no one is going to say no.

#23 Anchovy

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 04:03 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 09 May 2016 - 04:55 PM, said:

I liked the part where a Kiritan said a Davion was right about something... mist have been hard to type.

shhhh, don't tell anyone, but he is actually our spy in Davion....he is just pretending at times to be a double spy for Davion.

#24 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:21 PM

View PostAnchovy, on 15 May 2016 - 04:03 AM, said:

shhhh, don't tell anyone, but he is actually our spy in Davion....he is just pretending at times to be a double spy for Davion.

No no.

Totally Not A Spy.

Ask anyone who's seen me on TS.

#25 CMetz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 289 posts
  • LocationCortlandt Manor, NY

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:30 PM

Mischief, I know you got lost again, but if I have told you once I have told you a million times... If you wander into the HK forums too long the big, bad NKVA monster will get you

#26 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 04:31 PM

View PostVolts, on 10 May 2016 - 04:12 AM, said:

Frankly, I ignore the LFG channel anyway and just start moving myself into peoples channels and asking if they want to group.

If they invite you, make sure you alpha them immediately in game to establish dominance. Maintain eye contact and they will add you to friends list.

Solid advice, spoken like a true Night's Scorn pilot. I see promotions in your future.

#27 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:12 PM

View PostVolts, on 10 May 2016 - 04:12 AM, said:

Frankly, I ignore the LFG channel anyway and just start moving myself into peoples channels and asking if they want to group.

If they invite you, make sure you alpha them immediately in game to establish dominance. Maintain eye contact and they will add you to friends list.

I had missed this but it's awesome.

We need a guide to navigating the social environment of MW:O. Good advice like this is important for building a strong circle of players to drop with. The right group of people to fear and respect you is important.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users