Why Direct Players To The Hk Ts3 Community Hub When It Very Obviously Isn't Used?

26 replies to this topic

#1 AnTi90d

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:06 PM

After being badgered about installing Teamspeak for several weeks in-game and in the forum, I finally did.. only to find a ghost town. I was told for a week straight, during the queue split, that if I didn't install TS3 and go to my community's hub that I wasn't even worthy of playing CW.

I came on NA Saturday afternoon and the entire hub is devoid of any and all life. No one was here at four PM, no one at nine, no one at midnight and no one at two AM. All I see are ~fifty empty rooms that echo the false promise that the game even has a community.

What kind of terrible joke is this? Why bother directing people to a 3rd party program that isn't even being used? Where the hell are you even supposed to go to find a unit?.. or are they all just exclusive clubs that formed two+ years ago and you're **** out of luck if you weren't playing the game back then. Everyone already formed into groups and to hell with anyone that joins the game, today.

#2 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:57 PM

Wow.

When you flounce to you actually do the turn and flip or do you just use a lot of product so your hair has a very natural bounce to it?

Having spent weeks in Kurita I always found people on TS. Maybe you were in the wrong place or just really bad timing?

Mostly though I've found throwing a public fit and saying everyone is a ******* for not being where I want them or acting like this is a terrible catastrophe.

So you went to faction TS, probably the right one but maybe not, and nobody happened to be playing right then. I'm struggling to find a way to define how 'annnnddd.... so what' that is without being incredibly sarcastic so I'll try to pass it up.

It's surprising but it can happen. Maybe you just missed ceasefire and people are taking a break. Maybe the queue was dead quiet (Kurita has some slow times) and folks went off. Maybe a lot of things.

You'll be okay though. I'm confident you'll find a way to get through this.

Edited to add - just got on, saw COMA and SRMx at least, plus some people in LFG.

Use faction chat and get in LFG to find a group looking for someone. If people are in a live drop they can't even tell you're there; they're in a match. It takes a little time to find a group due to timing but after you do you'll generally stick with them for the rest of the day (if you're good company to play/drop with).

Kurita TS is Housekurita.tserverhq.com

Wear something pretty and floral.

Edited by MischiefSC, 07 May 2016 - 11:01 PM.

#3 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:02 PM

It's being used.

Just remember that the relative population is different throughout the day.

The likelihood of seeing people during Oceanic time is few and far in between, but you'll likely see more people during NA primetime.

#4 AnTi90d

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:32 PM

Yeah, I've had the LFG flag set for more than seven hours, this afternoon, tonight and this morning.

One SRM guy did eventually say hi and moved me into their channel.. where three guys were constantly bantering with eachother.. and I didn't want to just talk over their conversation like a ****. Then, I accept the one, single LFG invite that I got from seven+ hours of being in LFG.. and it was one of them.. and then I hear, over TS3, "I don't know this guy," and I was promptly booted from the LFG group faster than I could say hi. So, I went back to the Looking for Group channel.

#5 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:39 AM

Posted Image

#6 J U R A P H

• PipPip
  • Tai-sa
  • Tai-sa
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 03:48 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 07 May 2016 - 10:57 PM, said:

Wow

The D A V I O N is right, you must have been unfortunate enough to come online at a bad time, the TS usually has a nice population at almost all times. Im in oceanic, and VERY rarely sit alone in the TS, no matter what time. That being said, like any TS, there will be peaks and troughs in population, you must have grabbed the short stick, sorry mate. Why not try again sometime and say Hi!.

As for the SRM guy issue, Id like to apologise, we usually take pride in bringing in and playing with PUGS. If you remember any of the names throw us a PM and I'll bring it up, although to be honest it sems like a misunderstanding or communication issue, we are all friendly Posted Image. If you see me online, throw me a message and Ill make sure you get a spot and some drops.

One more thing, LFG isn't really used that much anymore; the best way (IMO) to find people to group up is to just head straight for the TS, if there is people in a channel, you're welcome to just jump in and say hi. Units have password protected channels for if they don't want to be disturbed, it's also usually a good idea to say hi when your enter, even at the risk of interrupting something (Use your best judgement of course). That way you can remind the drop leader or whatever that you have joined, and are looking to group up.

Edited by J U R A P H, 08 May 2016 - 05:31 PM.

#7 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 02:11 AM

View PostJ U R A P H, on 08 May 2016 - 03:48 PM, said:

The D A V I O N is right, you must have been unfortunate enough to come online at a bad time, the TS usually has a nice population at almost all times.

Compared to what we used to have, it is a ghost town. And the recommendation to go into our TS to join a group is a bit of a joke, really. There are rarely enough people for a full 12-people team on the entire server.

Edited by Koshirou, 09 May 2016 - 02:14 AM.

#8 Murphy7

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:48 AM

I would have to agree in part about the current state of the HK TS. I would log in routinely and see little activity. But from there I might get picked up to play on a unit-based TS, like last evening I played for a few hours with a presence on HK TS but I was actively on the Arkab TS in a group with them.

Don't be shy about popping into different channels, and asking if anyone is home or what they might be up to. Also you might try directly pinging some of us when we are on HK TS. While I was "there" and pugging faction play, I'd add myself to a queue then maybe walk away from the computer a bit, waiting times being what they are occasionally.

#9 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:49 AM

We could also just merge HK into NS's comms.

>_>

#10 Bhodi Li773

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts
  • Locationwww.PhoenixDominion.com

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:48 AM

Since you are new to MWO you may not be aware how random trying to pug drop for CW is. If you want to drop with fellow faction Mechwarriors start by friending people in quickplay to start generating a possible drop list for CW. TeamSpeak is a necessary thing if you want to be competitive or even just have fun bantering with other players. IN CW IT is a must if you are serious about trying to build your faction up. Look up the Kurita clans in the hiring hall and introduce yourself in their forums. Don't limit yourself to only one unit. Check their visible posts to see if they are an active group.(MWO has too small a player population to have steady CW play until we basically triple the player base) shop around until you have a decent player list ,at least 20 +,who are usually on when you are playing. Most will have their teamspeak listed for you to access or may provide it to you after you have introduced yourself.

If you do this eventually you will have a regular drop list who will probably invite you into their unit or at least a working list of regular MWO addicts like the rest of us that you could form your own unit or drop group with. If you are a Merc player it's the same as above. Get out their .. don't be shy ... say Hello .. Call targets damaged parts on a specific mech , etc . When in quickplay Say Hi to familiar names you've seen before in ALLchat. After a bit people will be recognizing your name. I have hundreds of friends in all factions ,along with 40+ regulars playing in my own unit.

If your looking for a merc unit or just some people to quickplay with you are welcome to come check us out ! www.PhoenixDominion.com is our website ,our teamspeak is ts3.PhoenixDominion.com password phd1

Remember .. Play The Game .... Don't Let The Game Play You !! O7 Mechwarriors!

#11 JohnnyBlue07

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 66 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:41 AM

Recruiting aside, NIght's Scorn, 6RNT and COMA usually play during North American prime time between 8pm to 12am EDT. When do you usually play and at what time zone, OP?

#12 AnTi90d

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 10:42 AM

Thanks for the replies, guys.

I usually start playing at around 9 EST US / 6 PST US and on into the night.. basically until I get bored or start falling asleep.

I finally had a few fun drops with SRMx and COMA. SRM in the late evening / early night and then COMA once everyone else went to sleep (they're the crazy Australians that DGAF about queuing for a Long Tom match.) As long as there's room, and with the current CW population it seems there always will be, that'll be my routine when I drop CW. (Well, it'll have to be, because every other unit seems to only exist on the forums.. but, hell, at least the units available are older than 15 and not hardcore SRS/4channers..)

I haven't been the only one that's come and sat in the CW: Looking for Group channel for hours on end, only to give up and close out once you've sat in there 3/4 of the way from one ceasefire to the next, though.. I'm just the guy that complained about it. I think this is a serious flaw in the HK community and probably leads to many Mechwarriors giving up on the TS3 community without drawing attention to the situation on the forums.

#13 Kokytus

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:45 PM

I feel it's possible that the grueling event, and the onset of nicer weather in many places in the northern hemisphere, has conspired to temporarily reduce the amount of players. When I was playing last Thursday, there were plenty in the server, and I kept having to refuse invites to invasion drops because I was focused on working on my scouting challenges. I kept looking on the weekend to see if there'd be someone to drop with, and it really WAS kind of a ghost town.

I hope the population will recover a bit as people's burnout from the event fades. Also, keep spreading the word! This is a bad *** game, and there's nothing else I know of that's even remotely comparable, it's pretty much its own genre. Don't let it die!

#14 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:55 PM

I liked the part where a Kiritan said a Davion was right about something... mist have been hard to type.

#15 Priax

Rookie

• Kashira
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 10:07 PM

Also, playing on mother's day weekend probably had something to do with it

#16 KinLuu

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 10:13 PM

View PostAnTi90d, on 09 May 2016 - 10:42 AM, said:

I haven't been the only one that's come and sat in the CW: Looking for Group channel for hours on end, only to give up and close out once you've sat in there 3/4 of the way from one ceasefire to the next, though.. I'm just the guy that complained about it. I think this is a serious flaw in the HK community

IMHO you do not really understand how LFG is used. It is not used to invite random people. The LFG feature is only used to invite people into your group that already are in your TS channel, but not on your friends list.

You do not find a group using the LFG feature. You find a group using TS and then the group uses the LFG feature to find you.

#17 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:57 PM

View PostKinLuu, on 09 May 2016 - 10:13 PM, said:

IMHO you do not really understand how LFG is used.

Would it terribly inconvenience you to actually read a posting before responding to it? He was talking about the "Looking for group" channel in the HK TS, not about the in-game LFG feature. That said...

The LFG feature is only used to invite people into your group that already are in your TS channel, but not on your friends list.

The fact that people actively refuse to take advantage of in-game features meant to facilitate intra-faction cooperation is quite telling. It fits with the now-common practice of 6,7,8-man groups being in their own unit TS, refusing to use their channel in the HK TS (much less the Dropship channels) and also refusing to use the in-game voicechat feature to communicate with other players in the drop.

#18 DropshipPilot

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 12:07 AM

I am sure that was me trying to get you in a drop early and then realizing we had 4 for scouting already...but we got you later...

#19 KinLuu

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 12:35 AM

View PostKoshirou, on 09 May 2016 - 11:57 PM, said:

Would it terribly inconvenience you to actually read a posting before responding to it? He was talking about the "Looking for group" channel in the HK TS, not about the in-game LFG feature. That said...

Oops, my bad. I was not aware such a channel existed, as I do not use the HK TS.

#20 Volts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 204 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 04:12 AM

Frankly, I ignore the LFG channel anyway and just start moving myself into peoples channels and asking if they want to group.

If they invite you, make sure you alpha them immediately in game to establish dominance. Maintain eye contact and they will add you to friends list.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users