"hot" Game On Terra Therma With Blk: How To Manage Heat And Keep Momentum

1 reply to this topic

#1 JigglyMoobs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 02:55 AM

Had a fast paced exciting match on terra therma where i ended up with six kills. Thought id share:

Thanks to gman for the awesome build.

A few tricks to managing heat:

A. Define a weapon group you can constantly shoot without overheating. In the bk I put the lpls and medium lasers on separate groups, one for each mouse button. Gman also grouped the weapons for use this way by putting all lpls on the left and all except 1 ml on the right. This convenience is actually the best trick for managing heat.

B. When you do heat saturate, find a way to take yourself out of the fight momentarily - but cycle back into the fight immediately when you cool down. The team needs your armor and firepower back in the fight ASAP.

C. Managing your heat doesn't mean underutilizing your heat. Use every last bit of that heatbar you can to keep up pressure. Constant pressure is key.

D. When you are trying to advance, there are different strategies for Hardy and squishy mechs. If you are hardy laser Vomit like the BLK, you have the option of shooting while stationary (to get better accuracy and hit reg) and maneuvering during cool down). This is roughly what I did in this game. If you're squishy however, you might try maneuvering while shooting to throw off your enemy's aim, and then hiding during cool down. This last trick is very situational so YMMV.

Edited by JigglyMoobs, 08 May 2016 - 03:10 AM.

#2 Starbomber109

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 387 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:07 AM

E. Turn on override shutdown.

Granted, you were being smart with how you fired, but after you shut down the first time you never went out of override. Don't take this the wrong way, I agree with your points, I just felt like you forgot one. It is very easy to blow yourself up on override if you don't already know good heat management. Override IMO is more to help you operate at like101% heat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users