22 replies to this topic

#1 Tuann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 203 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard, with a beer, chocolate and waffles

Posted 11 May 2016 - 02:45 AM

just a humble question, but today, a ton of ppl defending vs jade falcon.
Mixed Steiner and others ofcourse. Multiple ghost drops as a result.
So, instead of ghost dropping, asked via faction chat multiple times to go on the offensive and atatck a falcon planet. As i encountered quite some Steiner ppl in defense.
No such luck,...

max 5 brave souls found to help attack. ( thx to those guys btw)

at least if you have a ghost drop, you grab territory...

so consider this an open invitation :

if you see overflowing defense queues, just go on the offensive ! it will give solo clanners the chance to play and defend and it will take pressure off from the attackers.

hope to see you guys soon on the battlefield.

greets

#2 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:37 AM

No worries man, we'll attack.

and btw, wb to house Steiner BMMU nice to have you

#3 Tuann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 203 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 12:54 PM

thanks for the fun attack night and dropping together !
<o

#4 Spider00x

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 348 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:42 AM

PKRL drops 12 man's like clock work everynight we were taking planets left and right until the event screwed us in scouting. We started taking merik planets until they stopped defending and we're cut off from all clan except the falcons. Now that things have settled down expect us to go back on the offensive.

Edited by Spider00x, 12 May 2016 - 11:43 AM.

#5 Tuann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 203 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 12:11 PM

View PostSpider00x, on 12 May 2016 - 11:42 AM, said:

PKRL drops 12 man's like clock work everynight we were taking planets left and right until the event screwed us in scouting. We started taking merik planets until they stopped defending and we're cut off from all clan except the falcons. Now that things have settled down expect us to go back on the offensive.

Excellent ! We always drop against clans. But tonight is also quite busy on the offensive, good times , keep it up Steiner !

#6 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:35 AM

bigger Problem is, no units are defending gainst jf.They swarm us in scouting and when they have the lt they pretty got the planet. The pugs are loosing far to fast.

#7 Khan Felix Pryde

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 28 posts
  • LocationWinning, somewhere, but definitely winning

Posted 14 May 2016 - 12:36 PM

Posted Image

#8 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 14 May 2016 - 01:46 PM

PGI should institute a sliding scale of bonuses for scout dropping such that the closer the enemy gets to 100% the higher the payouts for victorious scouting and even if you lose... That would incentivize pilots to keep scouting, even if its a losing effort.

Think of it like this, they are desperate for scouts to counter the enemy so they pay more... make they victory bonus more significant than a loss though.

Edited by MovinTarget, 14 May 2016 - 01:47 PM.

#9 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 12:21 PM

And again no untis scouting kandersteg. Now LT is in effect. In half an hour the Planet will be jf

#10 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 12:59 PM

50 %JF Lt in effect...

#11 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 May 2016 - 02:00 AM

Since the release of the Kodiak, Inner Sphere (especially Steiner) is ****** up.

Not because Kodiak is op, but some of the bigger merc units changed faction to play their new kodiaks (who wouldnt?)

In this short time we lost almost more planets like the whole time before. More evil, almost every match is now a slaughtery house, absolutely no chance, not even for a close match.

12 premade Kodiaks against a pug with perhaps 4-5 unit players, rest beginners. That were my last 6-7 matches. All of them. Fun.

What i want to say? I dont know, but i just know that, atm, FP is dead for this phase....highest frustration level....

#12 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 22 May 2016 - 02:33 AM

Things like this frustrate the hell out of me. A pre-made is just 12 guys on comms.. that's it. Use your House TeamSpeak server, promote it every chance you get, encourage the Loyalists to do the same instead of using their own TS all the time and this 'those evil seal clubbing units' BS disappears. It wont happen overnight, you can't jump on it once and expect all your woes to be righted, but it works. We see a mixed bag of Factions and we know it'll be a dull game, we see a mixed bag of FRR and we know we'll have a game. Are FRR better pilots? Not necessarily, but they work as a team using the resources they have available.

#13 the punk who stole your thunder

• PipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 02:48 AM

View PostDevlinCognito, on 22 May 2016 - 02:33 AM, said:

Things like this frustrate the hell out of me. A pre-made is just 12 guys on comms.. that's it. Use your House TeamSpeak server, promote it every chance you get, encourage the Loyalists to do the same instead of using their own TS all the time and this 'those evil seal clubbing units' BS disappears. It wont happen overnight, you can't jump on it once and expect all your woes to be righted, but it works. We see a mixed bag of Factions and we know it'll be a dull game, we see a mixed bag of FRR and we know we'll have a game. Are FRR better pilots? Not necessarily, but they work as a team using the resources they have available.

Listen to this man.

Communication is OP.

Had some drops last night with a competly drunk drop-caller (thanks again for doing it) and we had good games and lost only one - we also beat up some of theose "evil premades" - just because we talked about it ,D

#14 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 May 2016 - 04:03 AM

Thx guys, that gives hope.

Unfortunately i'm a bit old and oldschool, can barely use TS or Hub-Comms (?). I would participate, but initiating....that have another person to do.

I just try sometimes to give some intel over voip, but mostly half of the team dont listen, are camping at the gate, doing their own thing and so on...

And then i see the planet tags of the enemy: -MS- / EVIL / Kcom / 228 .... :(

#15 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:54 AM

The trouble is with only using Voip you dont get any chance to build a team as the only chance you get to use it as you are about to drop on the first wave. Using TeamSpeak you can build a team, coordinate mechs and generally have a laugh while stuck in lobby, and as more players jump on, your team gets bigger till eventually you are one of those evil premades dropping as a full 12. It doesnt matter if you dont speak most of the time either, there is a chat function built in and plenty of folks become 'Mr Plinky' if they cant talk/need to keep the noise down, just bear in mind people may not be able to read your messages if in a game, so wait till they are out of drop if using text chat.

#16 Burgers

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:49 PM

I can't recall the last time I've played a match as IS where we were the attacker.

I see tons of people lining up for defense matches, only to feed the Jerk Falcons.

Let's go on the attack for a change, I'm sick of feeding these guys easy wins. Posted Image

Edited by Burgers, 08 August 2016 - 08:49 PM.

#17 windermere clan

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 01:12 PM

Hard to find a 12 man Steiner group wanting to play as a 12 man on FW. Most of the time you can find a few who want to play as a small group and then it is slaughter, over and over again.
at some point you either give up playing as IS, give up as Stiener or just give up completely.
Posted Image

Edited by windermere clan, 10 August 2016 - 01:14 PM.

#18 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 10:41 PM

The only fact this picture teils us, that the skill and exp gap in this game was brutal

#19 Horace83

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:31 AM

Question is, what can we do about it? I really hope 228th switches to IS. I do not want to start with "Clan OP!!!" again but the combination of big units all being Clans outbalanced FW imo. I was frustrated after that match but i also like a challenge and it makes me want to get better in the game generally. Maybe we try switching to Comstar TS next time to get a full 12 and all in one room.

#20 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:47 AM

View PostDevlinCognito, on 22 May 2016 - 02:33 AM, said:

A thing I noticed since the big whine before introduction of CW phase 1 and even since before the separation of QP group and single queue.......there are a solid number of ppl around who absolutely refuse to do the sightest efford to group up.

LFG function? Too complicated.
Free faction teamspeak server ? Naaa would have to invest precious 5 mins to look for the adress and set up teamspeak.
Just use faction chat ? What ??? READING AND WRITING???!!!! Are you effin insane bro, are we in school again ?

Those guys simply want to be begged to join a group and then feel entitled to win every effin game 12:0 because beeing a "premade" group is so imba.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users