#1 FuDawg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 129 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 12 May 2016 - 08:39 PM

So, I'm sure I'm not the only one that will be looking forward to this as I have seen it mentioned here a few times which was where I found out about it hopefully being on the way. Getting ahead of myself, the "IT" I speak of would be the impending release from Harebrained Schemes (I enjoyed their Shadowrun stuff a good bit) of a more "Battletech" Battletech vs MS Mechsimulator (LOL!) Seriously PGI, don't sue me, you have enough on your plate ;)

Anyways, the only real crux of my biscuit is, as some have pointed out, related or not they'd be fundamentally different and separate games. Each has their own happy place and as much as I do enjoy the piloting of a Battlemech online, the actual game play that I loved and was established so long ago is completely lost in this version. I can't help but hope but putting back into the original format just on a a PC will be great for it and restore that aspect.

Don't get me wrong, despite PGIs MANY issues and such... this is still good and enjoyable for what it is. It just doesn't cover everything and some of what it leaves out (kind of has to due to difference in between sim vs tabletop style) is pretty glaring and sad. To that end I am hoping HBS follows through and does so at the levels I have already observed from them.

I'm curious how many others share this feeling...

#2 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 08:46 PM

I can't say I've kept up with HBS new game.

I don't understand how it would be different from neveron.com or previous versions.

#3 FuDawg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 129 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 12 May 2016 - 08:52 PM

View PostI Zeratul I, on 12 May 2016 - 08:46 PM, said:

I can't say I've kept up with HBS new game.

I don't understand how it would be different from neveron.com or previous versions.

I'm actually not familiar with that or with any other version you cite. Certainly interested in any that are thought worth noting. For now I'll peek at this Neveron.com Posted Image
... one way I can tell you it would be different IF it comes out is it would be functional... right now Neveron.com says they are "temporarily" down... not sure how temporary that will end up being though they say it's temporary for sure...

Edited by FuDawg, 12 May 2016 - 08:54 PM.

#4 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 05:48 AM

I played Neveron a long time ago, that game was a pure pay to win game. you have to put down at least 50$ for some tiny perks but if you put in 100 - 300 you are going to steam roll everyone who didn't put in a grand into the game.

As to N's future lets just say people will have a better chance of seeing a S7 built into mwo as the owner of N will not sell the servers to someone who is willing to pay a lot to get the servers & update them with better graphic and playable on tablets, phones, ect.

anyways It would be nice to actually have a real battletech game unlike mwo which is about as much battletech as robotech is.
don't get me wrong mwo is nice for what it is, a mecha first person shooter with non-canon* mech designs of BT mechs and at the moment the only way to play a mw game and I do still enjoy playing it but it is still not BT nor an actual BT MW game.

So if when hbs version comes out I will be playing it as well. Posted Image

*they are modified/redesigned and unless viewed as canon by the actual owners of BT they are about as much canon as the lava gun from ma is.

Edited by VinJade, 14 May 2016 - 05:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users