• The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:11 PM

Heyyy... Another rant.
Heard it
Heard it.
Heard it.

I've still logged over 800 hours, +5500 matches and is still my most played game in 2.5 years. **** it. They did something right.

Edited by Team Chevy86, 12 May 2016 - 11:20 PM.

#4 Skoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 994 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:14 PM

View PostTeam Chevy86, on 12 May 2016 - 11:11 PM, said:

Heyyy... Another rant.
Heard it
Heard it.
Heard it.

I've still logged over 800 hours and is still my most played game in 2 years. **** it. They did something right.

Let's be honest here, completely honest. You have 800 hours in this because there is literally nothing else and you probably couldn't hack it in MAV. You having no other option is not an adequate defense of anything so don't kiss *** by saying, "lol omg ur wrong they did something right becuz I r stockholm syndrome".

#5 JustEvil

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:18 PM

View PostSkoll, on 12 May 2016 - 11:14 PM, said:

(...) there is literally nothing else (...)

There is MWLL.

#6 Texas Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:19 PM

Heyyy... Another rant.
Heard it
Heard it.
Heard it.

I've still logged over 800 hours and is still my most played game in 2 years. **** it. They did something right.

started at the end of 2013

#7 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:22 PM

Let's be honest here, completely honest. You have 800 hours in this because there is literally nothing else and you probably couldn't hack it in MAV. You having no other option is not an adequate defense of anything so don't kiss *** by saying, "lol omg ur wrong they did something right becuz I r stockholm syndrome".

Wtf is MAV? Mech Assault V?

#8 Texas Merc

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:24 PM

View PostJustEvil, on 12 May 2016 - 11:18 PM, said:

There is MWLL.

Which MWO basically put out of operation but hey its still there!

Watch the hemorrohage of whales when the new battletech game comes out

ps lockboxes

#9 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:24 PM

I've still logged over 800 hours, +5500 matches and is still my most played game in 2.5 years. **** it. They did something right.

Yeah, the acquired the right franchise. If this wasn't Mechwarrior none of us would be playing it.

#10 Team Chevy86

• The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:25 PM

What in the actual **** are you trying to say?
I play this game because it's fun, and I have real life buddies that play it. Shooters have always been my go to game.
I play other games, but this one I keep coming back to, because despite its flaws, it's still fun.

Edited by Team Chevy86, 12 May 2016 - 11:33 PM.

#11 FuDawg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 129 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:33 PM

View PostTexas Merc, on 12 May 2016 - 10:47 PM, said:

sums it up

This made one night shift that much better :)

#12 Skoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 994 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:46 PM

View PostTeam Chevy86, on 12 May 2016 - 11:25 PM, said:

I play this game because it's fun, and I have real life buddies that play it. Shooters have always been my go to game.

And if you watched the video, therein lies our problem. MWO is pretty much a drastically dumbed down MBT 3025 / MechWarrior 2/3/4 turned long range snipe fest (yes, I do remember the metas for those games but it's nowhere near as bad as this one gets, ESPECIALLY in CW) . It's not tactical, it's not a thinking mans mech simulation game. It's a clunkier CounterStrike (soon to be complete with crates). It's all well and good that you have fun with it and probably are a whale for it, but let's not claim that MWO is anywhere near worthy of the name. As someone else said, if it weren't for the name none of us would be here.

Edited by Skoll, 12 May 2016 - 11:49 PM.

#13 Mechwarrior1441491

• 1,157 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:58 PM

This sums up all my rage.

I love this man.

PGI take heed.

In retail when1 person puts in the effort to actually complain, there are 100 that don't bother, but still see the problem and will tell their friends. I feel that number is higher here.

Ya, if it was Russbots with stingers, we would all be looking at Heavy Gear Online for our mech fix. I most certainly w0uldn't be playing it from the start if it wasn't Btech.

I feel Btech gaming is in a gimp mask, with no zipper.

Edited by GAGONMYlOCK, 13 May 2016 - 12:00 AM.

#14 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:06 AM

Youtube tryhard. Too much forced memes. 2/5.

#15 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:07 AM

Wut?

Wait wait wait:

IF there really were no other/better option on the whole gaming market than playing MWO (which is of course NOT the case), then that would mean that MWO were THE most incredible awesome game EVER!
Not only would that be a viable defense for playing, but it would mean that PGI did extremely much right.

You have a very weird logic (illogic), my friend.

On a more logical level:

Of COURSE there are other options than MWO.
And of course MWO has its problems.
Still, for me, too, it's still exciting to play because they INDEED did a lot of things right (still a long way to go and a lot frustration, though).

As far as the video is concerned:

After 20 seconds into the clip, it's "crystal clear" that that guy is an extreme id*** who draws his satisfaction from the flaming of stuff in itself. The target of his immaturity is completely exchangeable. He would flame a cure for cancer just as he probably flames any politician, game or movie out there. This review is NOT about MWO. It's about him boosting his ego by saying something else is bad so he can feel superior.
You can hear it in his voice alone.
This is NOT a competent evaluation by any means.

If one falls for such things, one should better not be on the internet because it can be a very dangerous place for such an easily influenceable person.

View PostGAGONMYlOCK, on 12 May 2016 - 11:58 PM, said:

This sums up all my rage.

I love this man.

[...]

*sigh* Posted Image

Edited by Paigan, 13 May 2016 - 12:17 AM.

#16 Team Chevy86

• The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:08 AM

View PostSkoll, on 12 May 2016 - 11:46 PM, said:

And if you watched the video, therein lies our problem. MWO is pretty much a drastically dumbed down MBT 3025 / MechWarrior 2/3/4 turned long range snipe fest. It's not tactical, it's not a thinking mans mech simulation game. It's a clunkier CounterStrike (soon to be complete with crates). It's all well and good that you have fun with it and probably are a whale for it, but let's not claim that MWO is anywhere near worthy of the name. As someone else said, if it weren't for the name none of us would be here.

You've completely discredited yourself liking your own post. Don't break your arm trying to pat yourself on the back

Anyway, I did watch the video. It's the same debilitating crap mashed together with memes that Rageaholic regurgitates about everything he reviews. It sounds like he does more research into the game and reading than actually playing it

And that's not necessarily true. Yes, MWO has it's lore and depth behind it, but say this game released out of nowhere. Battletech doesn't exist, no backstory, they made it all up, 'Big stompy mechs 2016' People would still play it.
Expectations are high. PGI/IGP screwed up, bad decisions were made (and still being made) but they're confident enough that it will last to 2020. And when Battletech does drop I'll probably still be playing this.

Edited by Team Chevy86, 13 May 2016 - 12:09 AM.

#17 MechWarrior849305

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:09 AM

4-24 of a vid. What game is it?

#18 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:13 AM

View PostTeam Chevy86, on 13 May 2016 - 12:08 AM, said:

And that's not necessarily true. Yes, MWO has it's lore and depth behind it, but say this game released out of nowhere. Battletech doesn't exist, no backstory, they made it all up, 'Big stompy mechs 2016' People would still play it.
Expectations are high. PGI/IGP screwed up, bad decisions were made (and still being made) but they're confident enough that it will last to 2020. And when Battletech does drop I'll probably still be playing this.
I wouldn't be playing this if it weren't Battletech. I started with MW2 and it's been my favorite franchise ever since. That's most of what this game has going for it for me.

#19 Skoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 994 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:16 AM

View PostTeam Chevy86, on 13 May 2016 - 12:08 AM, said:

You've completely discredited yourself liking your own post. Don't break your arm trying to pat yourself on the back

lol

#20 DarthHias

• Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:38 AM

Ugh watched the start... weird skipped around a bit... it stays the same.
Am I the only one who thinks this video is total and utter crap? All those memes and stuff... I´m to old I think.
Please give me back the half minute of my life I wasted on that dumb sh*t thx.

Edit:
That is not a review my friend, please be so kind and change the title of your thread into:
"New angry rant of memeaddicted egomaniac about an exchangable topic"

Edited by DarthHias, 13 May 2016 - 12:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users