Forum Signature Configuration Discrepancy

Need More Info

4 replies to this topic

#1 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:54 AM

Hello, everyone... I'm a tad confused at the moment... Really could use some insight here... Posted Image

Recently, I tried to change my Forum Signature. The rules at the top of that page say that I should be able to have four lines of text. When I actually try to exceed two, the forum system chokes and dumps me at the server error page. What's going on to disallow the alteration from succeeding, when I'm avoiding violating the rules with my Forum Signature change? As far as I can tell, the problem I'm having should never have happened in the first place. Posted Image

~D. V. "dead freaking stumped" Devnull

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 01 April 2018 - 05:22 PM

Okay, it's almost TWO YEARS LATER, and I'm finding myself once again UNABLE to Edit My Signature. This thread is getting a bump from me due to this, because it's rather close to the same damned problem again. Posted Image

I'm keeping it down to Two Lines @ 10-Point Font, and the system keeps throwing an error where it acts like I'm exceeding Four Lines. I don't have excess carriage returns. My lines are NOT that long. I'm literally being blocked from changing it away from what you see below. THIS SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING! So what the hell is wrong with the MWO Forum, which I can tell is running "Invision Power Boards"-Based Software?!?!? Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "Now dangerously angry..." Devnull

(p.s.: I'll be editing my Tags on this thread. They're overdue for needing an Update.)
(EDIT -- I just discovered I can't attach "Bug Report" as a Tag here... Just downright awful...)

Edited by D V Devnull, 01 April 2018 - 05:23 PM.

#3 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:49 AM

Had about 3 lines filled with mech variants, when adding recent additions got me that error page. So, even without using small font like Devnull, the stated "4 lines" is simply untrue. If I had to guess, the code is more like <4*80 characters - never counted mine, but that would explain why you get 2 lines and I got 3.
And very likely they don't have someone left to actually understand their forum code, much like the actual game code. Posted Image

#4 MegaBopper

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 10:59 AM

Greetings,

PGI please take note!!!

The following is a three line signature:

[size=5][font=Brush Script MT,helvetica,sans-serif]Megabopper[/font][/size]
[size=2](Living the dream .. I play Mechwarrior Online .. and now they're coming to take me away .. ha ha - hee hee - ho ho - hoo hoo - ha haaaaaaaaaaaa.......)[/size]
[size=1](with apologies to Dr. Demento)[/size]
the code length calculates as 290 characters which displays as

Megabopper
(Living the dream .. I play Mechwarrior Online .. and now they're coming to take me away .. ha ha - hee hee - ho ho - hoo hoo - ha haaaaaaaaaaaa.......)
(with apologies to Dr. Demento)

When I try to save it your dialog indicates that an error has occurred and only four lines are allowed. Now you can see from the above that the BBcode takes only 4 lines (with wraparound) and the display is only three. Is it possible you need to check and see if you have an error in this dialog? If so please fix it because the following which codes in 3 lines (with wraparound) and still displays in three lines (with wraparound) works:

[size=5][font=Brush Script MT,helvetica,sans-serif]Megabopper[/font][/size]
[size=2](Living the dream .. I play Mechwarrior Online .. and now they're coming to take me away .. ha ha - hee hee - ho ho - hoo hoo - ha haaaaaaaaaaaa.......)[/size][size=1](with apologies to Dr. Demento)[/size]
the code length calculates as 289 characters which displays as

Megabopper
(Living the dream .. I play Mechwarrior Online .. and now they're coming to take me away .. ha ha - hee hee - ho ho - hoo hoo - ha haaaaaaaaaaaa.......)(with apologies to Dr. Demento)

If in fact you really do mean that 4 lines should be allowed for the signature what is actually occurring is NOT reasonable.

* edited for clarity and accuracy

Best Regards.

Edited by MegaBopper, 23 November 2018 - 11:17 AM.

#5 MegaBopper

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 11:50 AM

Greetings

Tina Benoit said:

quote used to ping staff member

Tina, I heard that you are the current community manager from another player which is why I am attempting to direct this to you. Would you please be so kind as to refer the info in the previous posts internally as appropriate? It would be very much appreciated.

Best Regards,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users