13 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 13 May 2016 - 07:31 AM

Please be careful when it comes to spiders. Especially when you talk about how "Spiders" are shooting laser beams at you when in any hearing distance of psychiatrists who are not gamers and have never played MWO, especially your enjoyment of killing one.

Edited by Kalimaster, 13 May 2016 - 07:32 AM.

#2 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 14 May 2016 - 04:07 AM

Also avoid mentioning your love for piloting or riding Spiders, that could easily be misunderstood

#3 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 05:57 AM

@RJ
what about roasting them or BBQing them for a snack?

#4 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 08:00 AM

I'm sure a few people have eaten spider, I just happen to not be one of them. Nor do I plan on ever being one.

#5 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 14 May 2016 - 08:22 AM

View PostVinJade, on 14 May 2016 - 05:57 AM, said:

@RJ
what about roasting them or BBQing them for a snack?

I would assume that the jumpjet capability of Spider Battlemechs mean they are quite heat resistant, besides in some cultures cooked arachnids are considered a delicacy so that is unlikely to get you into trouble with a psychiatrist.

#6 FuDawg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 129 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:41 PM

View PostKalimaster, on 13 May 2016 - 07:31 AM, said:

Please be careful when it comes to spiders. Especially when you talk about how "Spiders" are shooting laser beams at you when in any hearing distance of psychiatrists who are not gamers and have never played MWO, especially your enjoyment of killing one.

There's really no concern. My shrink thinks I take my meds daily and if he heard me talking about lazer shooting spiders he would nod reassuringly to himself at how well he'd done to mitigate my "serious" problems Posted Image

Edited by FuDawg, 15 May 2016 - 08:41 PM.

#7 The Amazing Spider Man

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:06 PM

Spiders are not to be trifled with.

Been to Beloit and I don't care to go back. Also been seeing a S.H.I.E.L.D. shrink, don't think it's very good for me.

What's really warping my mind are the affects your movies are having on my universe, the results are not good here.

Edit:

View PostKalimaster, on 14 May 2016 - 08:00 AM, said:

I'm sure a few people have eaten spider, I just happen to not be one of them. Nor do I plan on ever being one.

Not that you know of. Strange things happen while you sleep. Sorry if I give you nightmares.

Edited by The Amazing Spider Man, 25 May 2016 - 08:11 PM.

#8 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:29 AM

I was walking on the street, talking to my buddy about how I liked to kill Commandos and how I'd like to hit them with a big artillery explosion or maybe an air strike, and now I've been arrested!

#9 FuDawg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:31 AM

View PostSnagaDance, on 26 May 2016 - 12:29 AM, said:

I was walking on the street, talking to my buddy about how I liked to kill Commandos and how I'd like to hit them with a big artillery explosion or maybe an air strike, and now I've been arrested!

That happens sometimes. You need bail credits or do they take C Bills?

#10 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:33 AM

View PostSnagaDance, on 26 May 2016 - 12:29 AM, said:

Don't worry, they will give you some good meds. lol.

Be sure and tell them about the Timber wolves, and how they keep stalking you with these huge missile launchers.

#11 FuDawg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:55 AM

View PostKalimaster, on 26 May 2016 - 07:33 AM, said:

Don't worry, they will give you some good meds. lol.

Be sure and tell them about the Timber wolves, and how they keep stalking you with these huge missile launchers.

And the Christina Aguilera spiders!!! Don't forget to tell them about the Christina Aguilera spiders!

#12 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 09:05 AM

I'm sure no one would mind comments about laser pew pewing stalkers.

#13 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:04 AM

At least you're not the one babbling about four legged Scorpions with lightning cannons. Posted Image

#14 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 29 May 2016 - 05:53 PM

I'm a big fan of the buccaneer paint scheme, recently I'd noticed that on the spider that scheme features eyes around and atop the head of the mech in a central quad with two eyes adjacent on the lower set to either side. On a whim, I decided to look into the eye pattern and see if pgi did their homework or simply made an art choice. The obvious choice of jumping spider was immediately out as their eyes were all in a row, the hunting Wolf spiders keep theirs in a vertical stack with two much larger than all the others so they were also out. After much trial and error, I happened upon the prowling spiders, specifically "Syspira tigrina" a hunter similar to the wolves whose eyes meet the pattern. One hobbyist who kept a female specimen a pet described her as being "lightning fast, nervous as heck, very agile and able to jump really far."

Sounds like their art guy NAILED it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users