23 replies to this topic

#1 Xocoyol Zaraoul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 178 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 14 May 2016 - 12:37 PM

I've been greatly enjoying my Ebon jaguar with two LB10X and three ERML, and I've been wondering if anyone has a few ideas for reasonably good designs (Clan or IS) that would sport dual LB10Xs.

I know the LB over UAC isn't exactly meta right now, as raw dakka >> crit-seeking, but it's something I enjoy, even if it means a lower damage average.

I've always been a fan of the EMP-6A but unfortunately I don't see that being possible at the moment in MWO with the choices we have for mechs.

Ideas? Any favorites you have if you've ran dual LB10s??

#2 Elrik Stormbringer

• PipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 03:52 PM

I like a marauder with dual lb10x and 4 med lasers.

#3 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 04:09 PM

I used to run the K2 with 2 LBX-10 and medium lasers. It's actually pretty good with regular AC-10s.

#4 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 04:19 PM

since you like the EMP-6A, why not go with the Mauler ? 90tons like the Emperor and can take up to 4 LB-10Xs.Dual seems to be more your thing so here is a little suggestion for the Mauler

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1c261b51be68ba5

2 LRM 5s for targets of opportunity, 2 LB-10Xs as you like and for close range 2 med lasers with 4 machine guns. the standard engine 310 for durability and increased speed so it can move a bit more than normal. At 44% of heat dissipation, if well managed you can fire none stop.

Edited by TheLuc, 14 May 2016 - 04:33 PM.

#5 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 14 May 2016 - 04:21 PM

Quickdraw IV-4: Dual UAC lbx or ac10 (edit, oops). That's it. With a std 250-260 and 1 JJ. Rest is armor and ammo. Call it "The Hobo."
Put in an XL and 2ML in center torso if that floats your boat.

Edited by Bud Crue, 15 May 2016 - 09:13 AM.

#6 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 12:54 AM

Why settle for dual when you can quad? It doesn't even have ghost heat on those already cold LBX10s, so might as well abuse it!

DWF-S

Edited by Fox With A Shotgun, 15 May 2016 - 12:54 AM.

#7 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:19 AM

The Quad LB-10 mauler is a vicious config that tears through armor and shreds components -- if your positioning is good.

I've seen Jagermechs and Riflemen sport dual LB's pretty effectively. Maybe try those?

#8 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:39 AM

In the past I've had luck using a dual LBX10 Jager in the past. I would recommend giving it a spin. It also works great with dual AC10s.

#9 DjKonline

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 02:56 PM

Cataphract 3D dual lbx 10 quad ml jump jets, run with a buddy and call ourselves The Dudleys team 3-D. Get the tables!

Edited by djkonline, 21 May 2016 - 02:57 PM.

#10 DrRedCoat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 191 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:12 PM

I used to play with guys who ran the Cataphract Hero with 3 LBX 10s. They were a nasty piece of work. Cataphracts aren't meta anymore but I'd wager it could still be fun.
I also run 3 LBX5s and 3 ER mediums on my Cauldron Born. That build has definitely had its moments.

#11 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 03:20 AM

Fun fact: LBX2's are the only 2-series ACs with cooldown modules...

......Enjoy.

#12 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:32 PM

Mauler w/ 3x Lbx10s and the max motor.
It isnt "good" but it is fun.

#13 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:45 PM

I know a triple LBX Dire sounds heretical, but it was my favourite CQ dire build before I realized I wanted UACs more than LBXs. (Sad, I know, I suck)

DWF-B

#14 Dino Might

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:28 PM

I have fun with a dual lbx blackjack. It gets more shots compared to its dual gauss cousin, which is also fun. :)

#15 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:12 PM

View PostMoldur, on 14 May 2016 - 04:09 PM, said:

I used to run the K2 with 2 LBX-10 and medium lasers. It's actually pretty good with regular AC-10s.

Today I tried both, and somehow the dual LB10X build worked betten than the AC10 one. Although in theory, to my understanding, the latter one should benefit more from the K2's range quirk and kill mechs quicker due to pinpoint damage having the same DPM. What am I missing out?

#16 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:22 PM

Here's a Jagermech with both dual-LB10X and quad-MG's. It's honestly pretty awful, but lots and lots of fun. If we had "soft" target like infantry and light vehicles in the game, then this thing would have a raison d'être.

#17 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:43 PM

Double-Barrel Trollcada - The smallest 'Mech that can actually mount two of 'em... which doesn't make it a good idea.

Jumpin' Jack Blast - Still not smart.

Git Off Mah LAWN! - The only AC20 with no ghost heat meets the only medium that can carry two of them. Not terribly practical, but definitely fun.

Scattergun Atlas - Is it better than a normal AC20/SRM Atlas? No. Is it viable? Yes.

Ultimate Streetsweeper - My take on the quad LB10X Mauler. Also probably the only 'Mech not specifically quirked for LBX that can make it reasonably effective compared to the same tonnage in literally anything else.

#18 DarthHias

• Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:53 PM

View PostFox With A Shotgun, on 22 May 2016 - 03:20 AM, said:

Fun fact: LBX2's are the only 2-series ACs with cooldown modules...

......Enjoy.

You know, I have those modules for the LBX2. (Module sale+slightly drunk=Troll Hellbie with 2LBX2 + 4ermeds)
I just smurfied this up:
EBJ-PRIME

#19 MasterBLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWarsaw,Poland

Posted 28 May 2016 - 03:13 AM

View PostKuaron, on 24 May 2016 - 02:12 PM, said:

(...) What am I missing out?

You're missing this - http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/equipment
LBX cannons have additional chance per pellet to deal increased damage,and increased critical chance against components stripped off armor.That's why you finished off your targets easier compared to AC10s.

And about using LBX in combat - well if possible it's good to join it with at least 2xMG,especially on a faster mech (eg HBK-4G) - this way you'll get very potent crit seeker combo at point blank range,where LBX10 practically turns into AC10.
Another weapon LBX excellent synergize with are SRMs.These also can crit,and due to pretty high damage also strip armor on its own.Shinning example here is D-DC Splatlas (2xLBX10 + 3xASRM6 + 2xML)
And the last - LBX works very well with each one more you add.2xLBX is potent,but not even as half scary as 3xLBX

So richer of above knowledge you know mates how to assemble you LBX mechs brothers.

#20 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 28 May 2016 - 04:15 AM

View PostWrathOfDeadguy, on 25 May 2016 - 01:43 PM, said:

Double-Barrel Trollcada - The smallest 'Mech that can actually mount two of 'em... which doesn't make it a good idea.

Jumpin' Jack Blast - Still not smart.

Git Off Mah LAWN! - The only AC20 with no ghost heat meets the only medium that can carry two of them. Not terribly practical, but definitely fun.

Scattergun Atlas - Is it better than a normal AC20/SRM Atlas? No. Is it viable? Yes.

Ultimate Streetsweeper - My take on the quad LB10X Mauler. Also probably the only 'Mech not specifically quirked for LBX that can make it reasonably effective compared to the same tonnage in literally anything else.

Add my newest mech The Ilya...well, its something:

Cataphract IM, with a 260XL, 3LBX, 2ML, near max armor and 5 tons of ammo. Probably will drop to a 255 and a bit less armor to add a ton of ammo. Alpha and twist, and this was a shockingly not terrible build.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users