#1 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:43 PM

Posted Image

But you really should.

Edited by dervishx5, 15 May 2016 - 09:44 PM.

#2 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 10:48 PM

Yeah see the clans will just pretend this isn't an option.

When was the last time the clans fought each other? Phase 1 wasn't it?

#3 MaxFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 339 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland

Posted 15 May 2016 - 11:03 PM

Well, it certainly would make it even more amusing for losing team to cry "clans OP pls nerf".

#4 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 16 May 2016 - 03:45 AM

Bit trickier now with the voting.
When was the last time the IS fought each other?
Have they ever in CW?

Personally I think it would be a good idea to have the clans start back at their home worlds and out of the IS, going through a bidding process (ie. figth each other) to see which clan leads the invasion. Then we vote for an attack point in one of the house territories and off we go.

IS then has the option to push the invasion right out of the IS and go back to their succession wars.

#5 MaxFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 339 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:24 AM

IS fights each other all the time, since some of them have no choice. Natural divider, those that want IS vs IS go Davion/Liao/Marik and those that want to fight clans go Steiner/FRR/Kurita.

#6 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:24 AM

And even Kurita, FRR, and Steiner fight each other. More times than you can count on two hands,

Can the clans claim even one hand? Nah.

#7 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:13 AM

I would love to! I keep voting ghost bear every round...

#8 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:43 AM

For what purpose?

What's the point?

What could the Clans possibly gain by engaging each other?

#9 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:28 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 16 May 2016 - 09:43 AM, said:

For what purpose?

What's the point?

They could win more games, make more cbills, expand their faction's territory, get their unit's tag on planet for MC, and have a perfectly balanced mirror matchup.

Or they can continue throwing themselves against the meat grinder and whining about imbalance.

Edited by Jman5, 16 May 2016 - 10:29 AM.

#10 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:40 AM

We fight each other to put those filthy other dezgra clans on there place :)

#11 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:47 AM

View PostJman5, on 16 May 2016 - 10:28 AM, said:

Or they can continue throwing themselves against the meat grinder and whining about imbalance.

Clan vs IS is frustrating right now. When I was Khan of Clan Diamond Shark we had a policy of never attacking Clans. We view the Inner Sphere as our natural enemy and retaking Terra as the highest objective. More practically speaking however, the FW game has organized itself around this rivalry. When Clans were OP, I admitted so and invited some changes. Unfortunately, the changes went too far due to the whining of IS fanboys. IS whining is why the game is not balanced. If you think fighting intra-faction is the answer then IS should not have whined and just fought themselves. Obviously that is the opposite of what happened. Now for IS to tell us that's precisely what Clanners should do is laughable. How about you get behind a balanced game for both sides? I know this attitude is a novel concept for some.

Edited by Charles Sennet, 16 May 2016 - 11:37 AM.

#12 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:55 AM

View Post50 50, on 16 May 2016 - 03:45 AM, said:

Have they ever in CW?

Very frequently; Davions versus Kurita. Liao versus Davions.
Steiner versus Marik. In fact the Marik-Liao non-aggression pact that's been going on since CW beta 2 has been explicitly because Steiners were digging too heavily into Marik and Davions were digging too heavily into Liao.

Don't know about Rassalhague, never worked for them.

Also I'll be honest, IS versus IS is just fuckloads more fun. Often solid, experienced players on both sides making for really fun, dynamic battles.

Too many new players without a clue in IS versus Clan battles, leaving stomps going one way or the other depending on which side got the newer players.

#13 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:56 AM

View PostNaglinator, on 16 May 2016 - 10:40 AM, said:

We fight each other to put those filthy other dezgra clans on there place Posted Image

Thank you, I make a personal thing out of annoying CJF any chance I get. #Warden4life Posted Image

But yes, since our overall goal as clans is to retake TERRA (as the lime parakeet above me so succinctly stated among other things), a planet that all of you freebirths just inconveniently happen to be in the way of, that´s really the whole the gist of it. You´re simply in our way, wheras the other clans are not.

If you move aside freely, we can do this entirely without bloodshed and leave you to quarrel amongst yourselves as you have the last 500 years. Posted Image

Edited by Zerberus, 16 May 2016 - 11:01 AM.

#14 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 16 May 2016 - 11:51 AM

It's funny as i view the diamond sharks and ghost bears as my natural enemies. The warden wolves are of course a problem ill "deal" with after terra :)

#15 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:29 PM

View PostCharles Sennet, on 16 May 2016 - 10:47 AM, said:

Clan vs IS is frustrating right now. When I was Khan of Clan Diamond Shark we had a policy of never attacking Clans. We view the Inner Sphere as our natural enemy and retaking Terra as the highest objective. More practically speaking however, the FW game has organized itself around this rivalry. When Clans were OP, I admitted so and invited some changes. Unfortunately, the changes went too far due to the whining of IS fanboys. IS whining is why the game is not balanced. If you think fighting intra-faction is the answer then IS should not have whined and just fought themselves. Obviously that is the opposite of what happened. Now for IS to tell us that's precisely what Clanners should do is laughable. How about you get behind a balanced game for both sides? I know this attitude is a novel concept for some.

The simple fact is that the only mercs who want to fight for a down and out faction are ones that are powerful enough to carry it on their backs. If Clan loyalists refuse to choose more reasonable attack lanes for their faction's strength, they will continue to fail. Small/Casual merc units don't want to fight for factions that are floundering because it's frustrating for them.

Edited by Jman5, 16 May 2016 - 01:30 PM.

#16 Shard Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 303 posts
  • LocationPugsville, Pugistan.

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:02 PM

As long as we have Clan Loyalists who break out in lore-nerd hives at the very thought of voting to attack another Clan...

All we'll have is the same stale Clan vs IS fights.

I'd really welcome occasionally scrapping with another Clan just for some variety.

#17 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 May 2016 - 03:05 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 15 May 2016 - 10:48 PM, said:

Yeah see the clans will just pretend this isn't an option.

When was the last time the clans fought each other? Phase 1 wasn't it?

Even that was mostly due to MS combined with the need to swap worlds for attack lanes.

View Post50 50, on 16 May 2016 - 03:45 AM, said:

Have they ever in CW?

All the time. The Southern Houses play CW too you know. ;)

View PostCommander A9, on 16 May 2016 - 09:43 AM, said:

For what purpose?

What's the point?

Pure skill matchup without any tech bias? Fun?

View PostCharles Sennet, on 16 May 2016 - 10:47 AM, said:

But you can't take Terra. It's literally impossible. But you have won Tukayyid twice, and carved a path down to the southern houses, so you could just call it 'mission accomplished'.

#18 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 16 May 2016 - 03:12 PM

View PostMaxFool, on 16 May 2016 - 06:24 AM, said:

IS fights each other all the time, since some of them have no choice. Natural divider, those that want IS vs IS go Davion/Liao/Marik and those that want to fight clans go Steiner/FRR/Kurita.

Yep. Spent a fortnight in Liao. It was IS vs IS the whole time. Some good games were had...

The CJF PUGs are the worst, worse than Davion ones - Hopefully that ends today and they go back to QP as it's not a fun game at the moment. You either get good ones or people who you'd swear, it's their first time playing.

I'd happily wait an extra 4-5 mins for a game if it meant it was a good battle rather than a one sided flogging (either way).

Edited by R31Nismoid, 16 May 2016 - 03:14 PM.

#19 Daycrist Bloodfang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:39 PM

To be honest......I would vote to attack Clan Wolf (Which is the only clan CJF could potentially attack, but.....they have a hard enough time fighting Stiener and FRR..... It's like slapping around the kid with the broken arm or gimpy leg.....or.......seeing a guy who's been shot by a gun and kicking him straight in the nuts.....

Edited by Daycrist Bloodfang, 22 May 2016 - 10:47 PM.

#20 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:53 PM

View PostJman5, on 16 May 2016 - 10:28 AM, said:

They could win more games, make more cbills, expand their faction's territory, get their unit's tag on planet for MC, and have a perfectly balanced mirror matchup.

Yeah, more games against each other rather than advancing towards Terra.

No. We saw what kind of garbage that generated in Phase 1. I won't go through that twice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users