• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:10 PM

View PostDONTOR, on 16 May 2016 - 01:31 PM, said:

[color=#00FFFF]• All 'Mechs: Reduced the brightness/flaring when firing Machine Guns in first-person view. This issue was particularly bad in variants such as the LCT-PB.[/color]

[color=#00FFFF]Annnnd one of my favorite immersive factors in the game is now gone Posted Image[/color]

hopefully they didnt reduce it all that much.

Well it says the maximum damage is now 165, so that's WAY less damage than they used to be capable of, I'm guessing less or equal red smoke.

I would assume it's 165 per enemy mech in the zone, if all 12 were standing next to each other and shells drop directly on them you'd think it would do more than 165. Not that this is a realistic scenario lol ;)

#22 Stormbringer13

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:24 PM

when I downloaded game last week, I had to run the patch tool to get it to work.
For this patch, do I have to do the same thing again? If so, I assume it will be a shorter time running than the one I did last week. (almost 3 hours).

also, as a favor, as I am technically challenged, the steps to do it correctly would be appreciated. Have pity on an old man.

#23 Cyrus Drake

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:34 PM

Been a while since Wave I Invasion mechs were released. Since then all [all Prime(I)], but these mechs got their special camo options, on Wave I we can't even use clan camos. Is it ever going to change? Or if we want camos we have to give up the bonuses and use other variants?

#24 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,804 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:38 PM

View Postvibrant, on 16 May 2016 - 01:48 PM, said:

Currently, they each make 6 explosions of 35 damage, or 10 explosions with the GXP unlockable consumable upgrades... and these patch notes don't say that this is being reduced at all, simply that the damage to each individual mech component caught in the blast is going to be capped. Unless I'm misreading it, if a half dozen mechs are in the target location, it could still do significant total damage.

Ahh ok, ya that's another way of seeing it, and it makes sense, the way I saw it was a massive nerf, but I hope its not.

I figured they were just tired of people always having an arty or air strike, and wanted to reduce overall possible damage, but it does make it so that you can no longer headshot an enemy mech, which was one of the reasons i ever even brought them in the first place.

Edited by DONTOR, 16 May 2016 - 02:40 PM.

#25 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:41 PM

View PostCyrus Drake, on 16 May 2016 - 02:34 PM, said:

Been a while since Wave I Invasion mechs were released. Since then all [all Prime(I)], but these mechs got their special camo options, on Wave I we can't even use clan camos. Is it ever going to change? Or if we want camos we have to give up the bonuses and use other variants?

I'm still waiting for camo options on the Phoenix mechs, sooo...

#26 snow0815

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:43 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 16 May 2016 - 12:42 PM, said:

Massed energy hardpoints leaves the developers slightly concerned that they will be overly powerful, but inter-variant performance will be monitored in the bulk-phase.

Bit sad that the "special" variant is based on the KDK-1. Not quite so special then.

#27 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 16 May 2016 - 03:35 PM

A mech patch

#28 Hydrocarbon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 659 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 03:37 PM

I wasn't expecting nearly as much fixes in a "mech pak" patch. I can't wait to see if Air Strike can possibly do 1000+ DMG in one go (6 mechs at 165 each, etc)...

#29 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 May 2016 - 03:48 PM

Nice, but when can we expect some VR support?

Now that MWO is on steam there are a load of Vive owners who'd be throwing their money at any game this good with a VR store tag.

#30 A Man In A Can

• 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 16 May 2016 - 04:57 PM

Been a while since Wave I Invasion mechs were released. Since then all [all Prime(I)], but these mechs got their special camo options, on Wave I we can't even use clan camos. Is it ever going to change? ...

Yes, but not until the model and mech texture re-scaling efforts as stated on the current roadmap are completed first. So probably somewhere around Aug/Sept.

View PostOtto Cannon, on 16 May 2016 - 03:48 PM, said:

Nice, but when can we expect some VR support?

Not soon at all. I'd venture Dec 2016/Jan 2017. Maybe even when the HBS Battletech game launches.

#31 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:07 PM

Currently, they each make 6 explosions of 35 damage, or 10 explosions with the GXP unlockable consumable upgrades... and these patch notes don't say that this is being reduced at all, simply that the damage to each individual mech component caught in the blast is going to be capped. Unless I'm misreading it, if a half dozen mechs are in the target location, it could still do significant total damage.

View PostDONTOR, on 16 May 2016 - 02:38 PM, said:

Ahh ok, ya that's another way of seeing it, and it makes sense, the way I saw it was a massive nerf, but I hope its not.

I figured they were just tired of people always having an arty or air strike, and wanted to reduce overall possible damage, but it does make it so that you can no longer headshot an enemy mech, which was one of the reasons i ever even brought them in the first place.

Even if that is the case the damage is still capped at 15 per component which is still laughably low. Strikes posed minimal threat to begin with, but now I can't see any reason to even pay any attention to smoke on the ground. This still appears to be a massive nerf, but I guess we will see tomorrow.

#32 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:08 PM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 16 May 2016 - 01:28 PM, said:

It'll be curious to see if the arty/air strikes are better or worse with the new code. They barely ever seemed to do anything before, except make the enemy mech bright yellow on all locations. If they do some noticeable damage I'm guessing we'll see a lot more red smoke.

actually, since they were 35 point blasts, which did crits... you could remove components with them outright if the armor was stripped, or in fact, take a head off. I've killed many mechs with them. My first headshot came via artillery.

#33 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:16 PM

Five, not six 35 pointers for current regular strikes, ten x 35 for the improved or MC versions.

#34 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:33 PM

Nice patch notes so far, still something really important is missing .

"To increase HSR efficiency we upped the server-sided tickrate to 100 ticks per second"

#35 metallio

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 196 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:10 PM

View PostStormbringer13, on 16 May 2016 - 02:24 PM, said:

when I downloaded game last week, I had to run the patch tool to get it to work.
For this patch, do I have to do the same thing again? If so, I assume it will be a shorter time running than the one I did last week. (almost 3 hours).

also, as a favor, as I am technically challenged, the steps to do it correctly would be appreciated. Have pity on an old man.

Just open the game and it will either tell you to patch (just click the big button that says "PATCH", wait an hour, then click PLAY like usual when it's available) or it may have downloaded in the background so you just play (don't think so, but I swear it happened to me last patch...). The downloadable patch files are only for people with limited connections at home so they can get the file elsewhere and bring it back.

#36 Diddi Doedel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 195 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:57 PM

View PostStormbringer13, on 16 May 2016 - 02:24 PM, said:

One of the reasons for me to switch to the Steam install was the fact that I wouldn't have to care for the patch tool ever again.
Besides, it feels as if the downloads of the patches are faster with Steam. So unless one has personal reasons not to use Steam, I'd recommend it for everyone. Makes life a lot less troublesome when it comes to MW:O.

#37 Cherewas Ondairn

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 25 posts
  • LocationOutreach Maison Rouge

Posted 16 May 2016 - 11:39 PM

Finally, the chat is fixed.

#38 tingod

• PipPipPip
  • Leutnant-General
  • Leutnant-General
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:07 AM

I want quadro-walker! :D

Edited by tingod, 17 May 2016 - 12:08 AM.

#39 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:32 AM

Exactly this !!

I am not buying any more packages nor MC's until this gets resolved. I am absolutely sick of the 80's tracksuit look on my premium mech.

#40 DarthHias

• Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 02:41 AM

Locust stealth buff is always welcome.

I also like this:
Loadout: Fixed an issue where holding the Add Armor arrow could cause the 'Mech to go over tonnage.

Had this way too often.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users