#41 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 May 2016 - 03:18 AM

View PostDONTOR, on 16 May 2016 - 01:25 PM, said:

Agree, pretty sure a well placed arty strike could land me up to possibly 400-500 damage, on a cluster of enemy mechs, now I'll just run through arty and not give it a second thought.

You should have already been doing this. See red smoke and run through it
Because...

Spoiler

#42 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 17 May 2016 - 03:19 AM

View PostStormbringer13, on 16 May 2016 - 02:24 PM, said:

when I downloaded game last week, I had to run the patch tool to get it to work. For this patch, do I have to do the same thing again? If so, I assume it will be a shorter time running than the one I did last week. (almost 3 hours). also, as a favor, as I am technically challenged, the steps to do it correctly would be appreciated. Have pity on an old man.

When using the repair tool, make sure only the first 3 options are selected. The last two are only needed if you need to nuke your setting to restore everything to default.

Unless you are encountering problems after a patch, there is no necessity to run it. Generally, the only reason why the repair tool takes time is due to the need to download fresh pak files to replace the ones corrupted in your MWO installation.

As some of the pak files are large, the lower your internet connection capacity, the longer it will take when this happens.

#43 PParker

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 03:23 AM

Did they really change the patchnotes regarding total longtom-damage (1650!!!) and rephrase the arty strike description?

#44 Stormbringer13

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 03:31 AM

View Postp4r4g0n, on 17 May 2016 - 03:19 AM, said:

When using the repair tool, make sure only the first 3 options are selected. The last two are only needed if you need to nuke your setting to restore everything to default.

Unless you are encountering problems after a patch, there is no necessity to run it. Generally, the only reason why the repair tool takes time is due to the need to download fresh pak files to replace the ones corrupted in your MWO installation.

As some of the pak files are large, the lower your internet connection capacity, the longer it will take when this happens.

thanks.
I ran a few FP missions last night and swear I saw a Kodiak in my team, so it must have downloaded in the background.

#45 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 17 May 2016 - 03:35 AM

View PostPParker, on 17 May 2016 - 03:23 AM, said:

Did they really change the patchnotes regarding total longtom-damage (1650!!!) and rephrase the arty strike description?

Damages reduces at a logarithmic rate the further you are from the point of the explosion which for the Long Tom I assume is where the purple smoke is. Max damage is 165 per component which would pretty much take out every component if you are standing in the purple smoke.

However, safe distance is 300m which is not too big so stay alert.

View PostStormbringer13, on 17 May 2016 - 03:31 AM, said:

thanks.
I ran a few FP missions last night and swear I saw a Kodiak in my team, so it must have downloaded in the background.

If you are running MWO from Steam, you will have auto updates available. If you are running the stand alone client, no auto update feature is available as far as I know.

It is impossible for you to have seen the Kodiak unless it was a PGI staffer taking it out for a run as the pre-order Kodiaks are only going to be injected into purchasers' accounts in about 6 hours.

#46 Prime Focus

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 04:36 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 16 May 2016 - 10:40 AM, said:

Fixed an issue where Alt+Tabbing out of the client while in Fullscreen could cause the Windows cursor to become locked.

Fixed an issue where Alt+Tabbing out of the client after switching from Windowed to Fullscreen could cause the Windows cursor to appear.

Oh Joy - I have SO awaited this fix.

If you would just fix two things more, then I'd be ready to jump over the moon:
  • While in Waiting-mode, eg. waiting in Lobby for a game to form, it should be possible to go to the MechLab to work on mechs that aren't currently active in ongoing games. Currently players are locked to either sit and watch a countdown/-up timer on the screen or leave the lobby to be able to do the work they want, and then have to rejoin the queues again
  • Lower the 10 min wait time on Ghost Drops to form in scout fights, when there aren't enough enemy players available.

#47 Fiona Marshe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 756 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 May 2016 - 04:56 AM

• Inner Sphere Map: Peacefully restored control of Cadiz to House Kurita after it foolishly attempted to become a sovereign system.

Might have to do with Cadiz being represented on the map twice. Near Benjamin and also SE of Davion space in the Periphery.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#48 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 17 May 2016 - 06:07 AM

Just to undertsand this, smaller mechs will now take less damage form airstrikes because they hhave a smaller surface? Thats like, uhhm, yeha, logic anyone?

#49 No One Lives Forever

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 06:54 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 17 May 2016 - 06:07 AM, said:

Just to undertsand this, smaller mechs will now take less damage form airstrikes because they hhave a smaller surface? Thats like, uhhm, yeha, logic anyone?

Not many people will use arty/airstrikes after this, most likely, so what is the problem exactly? ;)

#50 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:01 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 17 May 2016 - 06:07 AM, said:

It makes sense from a purely armor damage standpoint... If you shoot a small thing with a shotgun, it's gonna take fewer of the pellets than a barn door would. Plus, smaller things tend to be more structurally stable.

Plus, the small mech would dissipate more of the energy by being flung through the air, vs absorbing all of the energy by remaining stationary :P

#51 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:06 AM

View PostNo One Lives Forever, on 17 May 2016 - 06:54 AM, said:

Not many people will use arty/airstrikes after this, most likely, so what is the problem exactly? Posted Image

They'll still be good for herding people and acting as area denial - no one likes it when everything's kersploding around them, even if it doesn't do much.

What I'm wondering: decals? Still looking to slap fists all over my mech.

#52 DarthHias

• Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:07 AM

My Locusts, being all tiny, will just evade the Explosions Matrix style Posted Image

#53 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:46 AM

Fantastic patch !

I have been waiting for 4 years for this complex function:

"Pressing Escape while the chat window is active will now only close the chat window."

Hail to the King....oh...Hail to PGI !
Your the best !

I will have a complete new gaming experience from now on. Thank you.

#54 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:30 AM

• Artillery Strike: Maximum amount of Damage that can be dealt to a single 'Mech is now 165 DMG (15 DMG per Component).
• Air Strike: Maximum amount of Damage that can be dealt to a single 'Mech is now 165 DMG (15 DMG per Component).

Boo!

I blame the ******* whiners, those masses upon masses of ******* whiners! Posted Image

I hope you enjoy the uptick in coolant-enhanced massed laser vomit alpha strikes, you ******* whiners. Posted Image

View PostWarHippy, on 16 May 2016 - 01:06 PM, said:

So am I understanding it correctly that at most only 15 damage will be done to any one component per shell? If that is the case it is safe to say both of those consumables are more or less entirely worthless.

Precisely. Too many loud cries about headshots and other deaths -- especially from those walking sticks one damage short of death -- has finally cause PGI to once again get weak kneed. <smh>

Edited by Mystere, 17 May 2016 - 08:36 AM.

#55 Yosharian

• Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:32 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 16 May 2016 - 10:40 AM, said:

Chat Fixes and Changes

• Fixed an issue where chat which had not been committed would be deleted when transitioning to a new stage of a match.
• Fixed an issue where being destroyed with an uncommitted chat message would cause that message to send after sending a new message in the death or end of round screen.
• Fixed an issue where pressing Escape while the chat window was active would also bring up the pause screen. Pressing Escape while the chat window is active will now only close the chat window.
• Fixed an issue where destroyed players could be unable to send messages to their Team after being destroyed.
• Fixed an issue where players could only send one chat message while in the DropDeck screen, either in the pre-drop screen or in the Next 'Mech selection screen after being destroyed.

Posted Image

#56 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:39 AM

View Postvibrant, on 16 May 2016 - 01:48 PM, said:

Currently, they each make 6 explosions of 35 damage, or 10 explosions with the GXP unlockable consumable upgrades... and these patch notes don't say that this is being reduced at all, simply that the damage to each individual mech component caught in the blast is going to be capped. Unless I'm misreading it, if a half dozen mechs are in the target location, it could still do significant total damage.

But there will be no more head shot deaths due to a massive explosive shell smashing into someone's fresh face.

Boo!

Edited by Mystere, 17 May 2016 - 11:33 AM.

#57 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:45 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 17 May 2016 - 07:06 AM, said:

They'll still be good for herding people and acting as area denial - no one likes it when everything's kersploding around them, even if it doesn't do much.

15 damage ... max ... assuming you even get damaged at all? People will laugh loudly while walking through strikes -- like they used to.

#58 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:47 AM

• Fixed an issue where chat which had not been committed would be deleted when transitioning to a new stage of a match.
• Fixed an issue where being destroyed with an uncommitted chat message would cause that message to send after sending a new message in the death or end of round screen.
• Fixed an issue where pressing Escape while the chat window was active would also bring up the pause screen. Pressing Escape while the chat window is active will now only close the chat window.
• Fixed an issue where destroyed players could be unable to send messages to their Team after being destroyed.
• Fixed an issue where players could only send one chat message while in the DropDeck screen, either in the pre-drop screen or in the Next 'Mech selection screen after being destroyed.

FINALLY! I've waited so long for these stupid chat problems to be fixed. THANK YOU PGI.

Edited by Darth Futuza, 17 May 2016 - 09:48 AM.

#59 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:49 AM

Nice.

Still not addressing the whole unbalanced quirk issue, no love for Clans (except a new mech, yay) and NOTHING at all about adding the matchmaker to FW, as previously advertised.

What we need now is a HUGE event in FW. Something that clearly favors organized units over new players. Something to keep the endless flow of baby seals to the hunting grounds....

#60 No One Lives Forever

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:53 AM

View PostMystere, on 17 May 2016 - 08:30 AM, said:

Boo!

I blame the ******* whiners, those masses upon masses of ******* whiners! Posted Image

I hope you enjoy the uptick in coolant-enhanced massed laser vomit alpha strikes, you ******* whiners. Posted Image

Precisely. Too many loud cries about headshots and other deaths -- especially from those walking sticks one damage short of death -- has finally cause PGI to once again get weak kneed. <smh>

I as well don't see nothing wrong at all about artys's/airstrikes being deadly. They take A LONG time to drop and most of the time you really can avoid it. You can bring only one strike into a game. You should be able to make it count.
The most funny part is that small mechs will take less damage Posted Image Like you can catch light mech in an arty strike. Unless he's blind, then yea.. then its a problem.

Edited by No One Lives Forever, 17 May 2016 - 10:32 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users