100 replies to this topic

#81 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 05:23 PM

@Ozealot

Lol. Really? Someone being critical of Clan players running away when they have to play on an even field is what's killing FW?

That's the thing that's wrong with Faction Warfare.

The source of its problems.

Well, that is indeed serious. Help us out then - is the solution to make Clan mechs OP as **** again so they all come back and pretend bad game balance = skill or do we just make pointing out peoples hypocrisy a bannable offense?

Those are both well within the realm of things PGI can do and if that'll totally fix FW, huzzah for the stunning observation! Either provide people a hugbox so they don't have to feel criticized for their bad choices and aversion to actual challenge or stack the game wildly in their favor because IS players will show even against bad odds but Clan players won't.

You should tweet this to Russ. Get FW back on track.

Edited by MischiefSC, 01 June 2016 - 05:25 PM.

#82 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:32 PM

Clan mechs were never OP in MWO at all, they were a bit better but not OP. People who could not play against them cried & since PGI was pro-IS they took stuff to "balance" the game but ****** up royally.

Let us say both Clan mechs & IS mechs started at 0, with the Clan XLs we can say the Clans got a push of roughly 2. So IS are 0 & Clans are +2. Now there was nothing about the weapons because they were nerfed out the gate. IIRC Russ said something about well in the lore blah blah blah Clan weapons had these stats but of course if we did that nobody would see the sense in playing as IS anymore so we blah blah blah.

Let us also take into account the Clan omnipods so they get a +3 push making them now +5. The IS however could really strip their mechs with things like jumpjets or MASC locked in eating up critical slots & tonnage so pout them @ +3.

PGI went overboard. It would have been one thing to buff the IS mechs alone with the quirkening but leave Clan mechs as they were but then in addition to the buffs of IS they nerfed the Clans so that the divide was now a gulf.

IS quirkening = IS @ +10

Clans nerfhammer = Clans @ -7

They did too much both ways & that is what made the Clan players vacate post haste. The field was NEVER even to begin with.

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 01 June 2016 - 07:33 PM.

#83 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:51 PM

Clans are not dead. Peeps still play as clanners, a lot have moved to merc to play both sides, why, because there is not much else to do in FW. The other reason clanners and IS peeps have left is due to bordem. CW/FW 1,2 and 3 were nothing but little ribbons added to FW to make it look prettier with no improvement to game play, choke point warrior.

Dont look at balance as to why they left, look at the game mode itself. There is prolly a good portion of clanners that left due to not being uber OP and cant handle a level playing field. They were never going to hang around at anyrate.

#84 ChaoticUrlond

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 108 posts
  • LocationMythical Land of Potatoes

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:38 AM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 31 May 2016 - 06:12 AM, said:

How can the Clans be finished when we keep winning events even with PGI's pro-IS quirks & anti-Clan nerfs? This as far as I was concerned separated the wheat from the chaff. All those who were "CLANS FOREVER!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!" & "CLAN ROCKS, IS SUCKS!!!!" got quiet & flipped to IS as soon as things got tough & exposed themselves for who they really are. Is it frustrating knowing PGI is getting so MANY things wrong & has a clear unapologetic bias towards the IS? Of course it is; but a Clansman does not shy away from overwhelming odds, he revels in it.

I have always been a Clansman from since MW3. I have NEVER been a pirate , a merc or an IS Great House. I would rather be a Fire Mandrill than switch. The greater the odds the sweeter the victory. So I ask again, if we are finished how did we beat the IS at Tukayyid........................ TWICE?

You say Smoke Jaguar has been vaporized? Then how come we, the smallest Clan faction, are higher on the leaderboards than the mighty Wolf, & Ghost Bear? (as of this date & time)

Sorry for the late response on this. Take a look at the last Tuk battle. Look who was in Clan wolf at the time. It was MS, 228 some of the largest units in the game. Yeah I know the feeling of being the nail against the hammer but that hammer is swinging hard and hitting the top perfect every game. Now that FRR has focused Clan Wolf now, they're pushing us back to our homeworld yet again. IS Mechs are favored for their adaptability and forgiveness for a mistake. Clan Mechs are not so forgiving in this. We have little to no agility what so ever in some of our promising mechs, while the IS has all the agility in the game.

The reason why Smoke Jaguars are at the top of the list is look at the games played vs the rest of the clans, You also had MS join the faction, then leave, and then come back once again. That is why Smoke Jag is at the top of the list same with Jade Falcon they had a majority of the best merc units go to them. While Clan Wolf, and Ghost Bear hasn't received any type of bonus to this. Any merc that has come to Clan Wolf has quickly left for reasons known to themselves but those who are loyal to clan wolf knows is cause Clan Wolf player base is crap. Theres a small handful of us that know what we're doing but others just dont give a crap.

#85 Kotev

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 02:15 PM

Pug life is hard in the clan, Win/Lose ratio at 1/6 at best. Most important reason is nerfed clan mech, IS mech are better in any regard second reason is becouse of the nerf all good players left to IS. Shame that now you lose 25% LP if you break parmanent contract if not i too will be in IS.

#86 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:32 PM

View PostOzealot, on 02 June 2016 - 12:09 AM, said:

I really don't care that you voice an opinion, but most of the stuff you wrote is toxic slander.... And that's all it is. All you are doing is trying to divide a divided community even more with making a lore conflict into a real one feasting on the potential with all the hyperbole crap you spit out there, trying to take the fun and sportsmanship out of the game while producing bad attitudes when you talk down like half of them being "terribads", "cowards" "making pitiful simpering noises and the odd big wracking sob" while running away (did I get that right?). How do you know all of these thousands of people to be the one who judges? You call that being critical? Where did the big bad Vatborn "touch" you, show me on the damage doll please? Was it an Elemental? It's known they suffer from macrosomatia so maybe that's why it still hurts when you gotta sh*t on other people.

It's intended to be shaming language because some behavior is shameful.

Look, it's a game. None of this is real. It's all pretendy fun times. In this game, balance was broken for two years. A little over. The side who was advantaged by that imbalance crowed and mocked, consistently, the complaints from the disadvantaged side.

However the disadvantaged side in this still showed up and played.

When it got balanced however the group who'd been playing with an advatage for years threw a fit and quit.

That? That's mock worthy. There is no incentive due or required to entice those players back. Because this is a game, pretendy fun time, that sort of behavior is shameful.

People still playing Clans? Good on you. Way to adapt and improve. I have two alts I play in Clans with and there's a number of exemplary Clan players and teams.

The people who threw a fit, flounced and quit? Genuinely, nothing of value lost there. Any who come back and play, great. I hope they got over it and learned to adapt and play on an even field with everyone else.

The Clan depopulation over the IS/Clan balancing though? That was a shameful thing and is rightly treated as such.

#87 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:57 PM

You really cannot connect the dots, can you?

They did not quit, they are all on your side now.

Why do you continue to pour shite on people that have nothing to do with what happened in ancient past?

This is NOT about adapting, this is clear numbers game and numbers lean heavily on one side.

This game mode depends entirely on mass of players. Lose players -> lose game mode.

Your idea of fun is as far from fun what most people understand it.

#88 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:59 PM

No,most left. IS population has declined a bit but not a ton. Biggest shift is that mercs who before would only play Clan (because playing IS was playing with a disadvantage) now spend ttime about 50/50.

There isn't an imbalance in tech between IS and Clan. Been shown numerous times in numerous ways. As I said before I play Clans on Alts and went on the mechbay tour in my primary. Make good mechs, play to your team, play good strats that leverage Clan design (aggressive, mobile).

Tons of people winning constantly in Clans. There is nothing extra they need. Population is down overall for a lot of reasons. Clan loyalist population dried up when tech was balanced. If they left because they couldn't handle playing on a balanced field, **** them. If they switched to IS because they think "IS OP", first I say **** them twice foe being the feeble candy *** sort who only plays where they think the advantage is, then **** them again for being stupid about game balance.

The solution in no way is "break game balance to make Clans OP again so the cowardly bads come back".

The solution is a number of updates to FW to add the depth and content originally promised and to make being a loyalist worthwhile compared to mercs.

#89 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:04 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 02 June 2016 - 05:59 PM, said:

No,most left. IS population has declined a bit but not a ton. Biggest shift is that mercs who before would only play Clan (because playing IS was playing with a disadvantage) now spend ttime about 50/50.

There isn't an imbalance in tech between IS and Clan. Been shown numerous times in numerous ways. As I said before I play Clans on Alts and went on the mechbay tour in my primary. Make good mechs, play to your team, play good strats that leverage Clan design (aggressive, mobile).

Tons of people winning constantly in Clans. There is nothing extra they need. Population is down overall for a lot of reasons. Clan loyalist population dried up when tech was balanced. If they left because they couldn't handle playing on a balanced field, **** them. If they switched to IS because they think "IS OP", first I say **** them twice foe being the feeble candy *** sort who only plays where they think the advantage is, then **** them again for being stupid about game balance.

The solution in no way is "break game balance to make Clans OP again so the cowardly bads come back".

The solution is a number of updates to FW to add the depth and content originally promised and to make being a loyalist worthwhile compared to mercs.

Posted Image

#90 Panzerbjorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 152 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:08 PM

I think a lot of this debate is rather pointless. Yes clan mechs got nerfed and IS mechs got buffed - maybe a bit too much.

But that's not the issue. FW is dead, plain and simple. And much of the rest of the game is also dying, mostly because of it.

I have a different theory about why, here's the bullet points:
  • Most expensive MMO in history. WoW is the gold standard - no matter how much you play it you will never spend more than $160/year on it. It's easy in MWO to spend upwards of 5-6 times that per year, not even including modules, which are retardedly expensive given what they give you back. Bad ROI.
  • Rewards are awful. We used to get 3-4 times as much CB payout in the early days. It's really disappointing to rock a 2500+ dmg match in FW with 8 kills and only get 650k CB for 45 minutes of my time (15-25 minutes in queue then 20-30 minutes for the match). CB farmers play the PUG queue for money, esp the solo players or small teams.
  • Large teams can no longer effectively play in the PUG queue. The tonnage limits are asinine and a 12-man of ANY skill level versus a PUG with 6 Kodiaks and 4 Marauders would require a miracle to win (not even taking ELO into account). PGI has eschewed units who don't have FW matches from being able to play the game the way they want to play (as a team) at all.
  • No FW players = nothing for big units to do (see above). This is a cyclical redundancy loop that makes the playerbase smaller and smaller until you get to where we're at now: most nights during prime-time there are only 4-6 teams doing CW at all. That's pathetic! Queue times have been insane as well, I waited in queue for 54 minutes one night a couple weeks ago, just to get a 10-minute countdown to a ghost drop. 67 minutes of my time and I got 750 XP on one 'mech and ~50k CB. Thanks PGI!!!
  • New attack lane ******** really just ****** everything up you ********. As if the lack of CW players wasn't already bad enough, this added a huge multiplier to the cyclical decrease loop above. Other factions can now completely deny you an attack lane and you're left with nothing to do again. Brilliant.
  • Poor in-game communications and emphasis on unit play. Most players are solo puggers and missing the entire point of the game - everyone does better when they join a unit and it levels the playing field. PGI should devote more time and energy to enhancing the unit experience and interaction.
  • All of the above = the game is pretty much dead at this point. Unless you like doing solo PUG drops. Which isn't what makes PGI money anyway. Most of my unit mates have already moved on to other games, and once Star Citizen and/or the Hare-Brained Schemes game drops, this game is really done-for. A lot of us have actually gone back to playing MW4 at this point because it's honestly a lot more fun than MWO.

#91 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:14 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 02 June 2016 - 05:59 PM, said:

Tons of people winning constantly in Clans. There is nothing extra they need. Population is down overall for a lot of reasons. Clan loyalist population dried up when tech was balanced. If they left because they couldn't handle playing on a balanced field, **** them. If they switched to IS because they think "IS OP", first I say **** them twice for being the feeble candy *** sorts who only play where they think the advantage is, then **** them again for being stupid about game balance.

Absolutely true.

#92 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:16 PM

View PostPanzerbjorn, on 02 June 2016 - 06:08 PM, said:

I think a lot of this debate is rather pointless. Yes clan mechs got nerfed and IS mechs got buffed - maybe a bit too much.

But that's not the issue. FW is dead, plain and simple. And much of the rest of the game is also dying, mostly because of it.

I have a different theory about why, here's the bullet points:
  • Most expensive MMO in history. WoW is the gold standard - no matter how much you play it you will never spend more than $160/year on it. It's easy in MWO to spend upwards of 5-6 times that per year, not even including modules, which are retardedly expensive given what they give you back. Bad ROI.
  • Rewards are awful. We used to get 3-4 times as much CB payout in the early days. It's really disappointing to rock a 2500+ dmg match in FW with 8 kills and only get 650k CB for 45 minutes of my time (15-25 minutes in queue then 20-30 minutes for the match). CB farmers play the PUG queue for money, esp the solo players or small teams.
  • Large teams can no longer effectively play in the PUG queue. The tonnage limits are asinine and a 12-man of ANY skill level versus a PUG with 6 Kodiaks and 4 Marauders would require a miracle to win (not even taking ELO into account). PGI has eschewed units who don't have FW matches from being able to play the game the way they want to play (as a team) at all.
  • No FW players = nothing for big units to do (see above). This is a cyclical redundancy loop that makes the playerbase smaller and smaller until you get to where we're at now: most nights during prime-time there are only 4-6 teams doing CW at all. That's pathetic! Queue times have been insane as well, I waited in queue for 54 minutes one night a couple weeks ago, just to get a 10-minute countdown to a ghost drop. 67 minutes of my time and I got 750 XP on one 'mech and ~50k CB. Thanks PGI!!!
  • New attack lane ******** really just ****** everything up you ********. As if the lack of CW players wasn't already bad enough, this added a huge multiplier to the cyclical decrease loop above. Other factions can now completely deny you an attack lane and you're left with nothing to do again. Brilliant.
  • Poor in-game communications and emphasis on unit play. Most players are solo puggers and missing the entire point of the game - everyone does better when they join a unit and it levels the playing field. PGI should devote more time and energy to enhancing the unit experience and interaction.
  • All of the above = the game is pretty much dead at this point. Unless you like doing solo PUG drops. Which isn't what makes PGI money anyway. Most of my unit mates have already moved on to other games, and once Star Citizen and/or the Hare-Brained Schemes game drops, this game is really done-for. A lot of us have actually gone back to playing MW4 at this point because it's honestly a lot more fun than MWO.

TBH, I personally would be more than happy to pay $15 a month if it meant that MWO got real development happening and the game moved forward.

#93 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:54 PM

I used to white Knight a lot for PGI. I've given them the benefit of 1,000 doubts.

At this point though they have consistently failed to deliver.

The game isn't "dead". It's just failed, and will continue as such until the license runs out. So much potential, so many hopes, so many grand promises.

#94 Azzgaroth

• PipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 95 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:07 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 02 June 2016 - 06:54 PM, said:

I used to white Knight a lot for PGI. I've given them the benefit of 1,000 doubts.

At this point though they have consistently failed to deliver.

The game isn't "dead". It's just failed, and will continue as such until the license runs out. So much potential, so many hopes, so many grand promises.

Sad..But true..

#95 Dran Dragore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 09:15 PM

cmon guys, there is nothing that cant be fixed so far. You are doing in this moment if all hope is lost. Its a game under developement nothing more nothing less. And the balancing is the dificultest part of all. So give PGI time for find the best way. Nothing is lost, there is no deadline if you dont made one. So be more optimistic, just tell PGI whats the real (!) problems and help them to fix it. I just can say that i like MWO playing since years. And all in all it gets better over the time since the beginning. Just my 1 Cent...

#96 Tankashi Kotare

Rookie

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:06 AM

First of all I'd like to say that anyone that uses the battles for Tukayyid 1 & 2 (but mostly 2) as a means to show 'imbalance' in the game are completely off and have no clue about what is going on what-so-ever.

Posted Image

It does in fact boil down to population once again but with a few extra factors thrown in for why the clans won the battle for Tukayyid 2 (I was not around for the first battle thus I have comments on it).

Using the image I took while playing through the second battle for Tukayyid we can see that the population of the clans is significantly lower than that of the IS through the sheer amount of players in the waiting queue.
Many of the merc units went clan to get more games in and thus earn more money from the event and ignoring the side they played for entirely.
Why on earth would you sit in a queue with 43 groups in front of you if you could be waiting in the line with 12 groups in front of you? This makes no logical sense to a merc.
The bigger merc units have a lot more teamplay to their games and would rarely drop outside a 12-man which means that all of the groups that they play against that are not formed very well will get slaughtered no matter the side the merc unit is on.
So another question; Why would you not play clans when you know the majority of the IS side is likely to be made up of groups which have no co-ordination what-so-ever and can literally be farmed for C-bills in record times?

These two combining factors allow bigger and better merc units to just grind away. Raking in C-bills while meeting little resistance from the un-organised groups (and there were ALOT for the IS side). Its all about turn-over rate vs C-bill revenue generated and the best of both worlds was to play clan at the time.

Thus this does NOT show an imbalance between the Clans and the IS. Simply how one can go about creating a misconception that one side is OP because those who know how to play the game take full advantage of it.

If not to further is point- the final outcome of the second battle (InnerSphere (29/63) 46.03% | Clans (34/63) 53.97%) Shows that despite these combined factors the clans were BARELY able to squeeze out a win with the better merc units on their side.

So in conclusion STOP citing the battles for Tukayyid as a means to show imbalance unless you have evidence.

Secondly; In terms of balance between clans and IS I would say there is a definite edge to the IS side- I'm not saying IS is OP simply that they currently have an EDGE over the clans. And this edge by no means can not be over-come.

Clan mechs and IS mechs function very differently which is most noticeable in CW over QP.

In QP I find the game to be quite balanced even with the edge to the IS mechs.

In CW it is even further into the IS corner but not because of the mechs or their pilots solely but from the map layout and styles you are forced into playing. With the IS being tankier than the clans means you have a greater (not 100% but greater) success rate when pushing into a clan defended base and lower if your pushing into an IS held base as clan.

This is due to the lower burn times on IS lasers and longer ones on Clan lasers. Holding/tracking IS mechs which are moving from cover to cover through the map for the FULL duration of Clan lasers is very tough at best and I'm not even mentioning the fact that the IS can tank it in this point simply that it should be in mind.
The IS burn times make it easy to apply all the damage (even if it is less) to Clan mechs so even if they are moving from cover to cover the chances are the IS have put more damage on the less tanky mechs than the higher damaging-longer-burn-time Clan mechs.

This gives IS another edge in CW which is starting to get pretty sharp.
When playing in CW the point is as the attackers to go in and wreck the enemies base/mechs. Making use of 'clan range' on most maps is hard especially if your playing as the clans and are trying to push INTO IS brawl range- which is a death sentence if your playing against an organised and well formed firing line.
Trading at a good range for the clans just burns through the clock to quickly to be a viable option so the only option for clans when pushing is to go in with high-alpha builds to put as much damage on the IS mechs they can with what armour they have left which (as we know) the IS mechs can tank far better.

CW is in heavy favour of the IS and the only thing that allows the clans to do well in CW is the teamwork and focus fire of it's pilots.

I'm not saying that the mechs are at fault or the players for that matter. Its the game mode itself that needs to be changed on a fundamental level but I doubt PGI will make any change to it as phase 3 is basically the end of CW development.

*Note that I am simply explaining the reality of how things work in CW from a clanner view-point*

Edited by Tankashi, 03 June 2016 - 08:08 AM.

#97 Lehmund

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 219 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:12 AM

I read most of this and there are some decent ideas out there.

I know nothing about MW lore, I'm only concerned about my fun in here and the growth of the game and community, again because I think the game is fun and has lots of potential to get much better.

IMO, Mercs should be treated as mercs and that means:
  • They should be hired by factions to achieve objectives for higher pay than what a loyalist gets.
  • They should be able to be hired by clan or IS... anyone with the C-Bills to pay them. i.e. Loyalist units and solos can put C-Bills in the pot that can be used for hiring Mercs and that's the amount cap you can pull from if you win Merc unit's help.
  • There shouldn't be any cap or limits to their unit.
  • Their reward is the C-Bills, not other stuff like MC or planet occupation etc... They are paid to fight for a faction. The faction shold occupy the planet.
Loyalists should be treated like loyalists, which means:
  • They get lesser pay but get LP with the faction for fighting.
  • They fight only for their own faction or their conflict side (i.e. let Clan Smoke Jaguar assist in Clan Ghost Bear attacks and defenses, and all IS factions attacks and defenses of a specific faction).
  • Factions fight of territory and glory so let them keep and hold territory, planet tags and whatnot.
This is my vision of things.

some of this is already in place. Some is not.

How to change the game to make this happen and remain appealing to both mercs and loyalists?
  • Let Factions actually bid for Mercs. For balance purposes, let PGI code in %bonuses for less active or weaker factions to give them a better shot at winning bids for Mercs. I.e. create a merc board with Units bidding for Merc help. The bigger the Merc unit, the larger the pot would need to be to sway them.
  • Merc units that choose to take a contract after a bidding contract get paid a bonus on a win that is 2x or 3x as much as a loyalist.
  • Merc units that fight for a faction don't get their tags on a planet. Their reward was the extra C-Bills (that's what being a merci is about: flexibility of fighting either side and the cash!).
  • Make sure loyalists of the side "side" (IS vs Clan) can attack or defend each other as long as they are traditional Allies. i.e. that would mean Wolves would not be able to help out Ghost Bears as they are traditionally Hostile toward each other, and just as it is now, they could attack each other with their allies being able to jump in if they wish.
The "merc domination situation" with this should resolve itself IMO. Only players that want to play for C-Bills (and no MC or tags) will join Merc units. Factions that are weaker will be better equipped to fight other factions by having options of playing the "hire a merc" game better than the others. heck they can grind more QP matches and bid higher than the other factions, get the merc units on board to help them out etc....

It would also make more sense being a loyalist because only you get the territory and planet tags. If you're a loyalist, you're in it for the territory game or lore (or both). So make it unique to loyalists to get that and fight for a side.

That is all for now.

#98 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:22 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 30 May 2016 - 09:22 AM, said:

Clams are not underpowered, just understaffed.

The population is just so volatile because of merc movements and there is next to no incentive to be loyalist other than observing lore.

Not entirely true, thse IS mechs havign received love are now better than clanmechs. This went so far that it even killed a lot of the loyal clanpalyers who were tired tf fighting a uphill battle and prefered to join the rockslide for soem easy games. And the remainign clanners ow don't even have the playerbase anymore to beat the mechanics of Faction war gameplay.

View PostSmokeGuar, on 30 May 2016 - 10:57 AM, said:

Stop lying:

Overall Innersphere vs Clans
InnerSphere (29/63) 46.03% | Clans (34/63) 53.97%

https://mwomercs.com...nts?t=201512tuk

And forgetting december patch that nerfed Clans to the ground, priceless.

tahst funny because tuk one had IS better results than tuk 2. so even with buffs IS failed in tukked 2 harder than in tuk 1. SO they reveiced even more buffs. Quite stupid, clanners should have thrown tuk 2 just to not give IS even more buffs? Yeah for the sake of the games balance they should have, but they didn't. And so IS quirks of soem chassis went too far. Now you see the result. people leaving clans because IS is more fun and easier.

A lot things went wrong because a lot of butthurt peopel couldn't handle the truth of beign bad, now they got their tools buffed to the degree where stuff is broken and most enjoy the better tools, leaving the other tools rust and dust in a corner. You can't blame PGI for the cries of the playerbase.

Edited by Lily from animove, 15 June 2016 - 07:26 AM.

#99 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:46 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 15 June 2016 - 07:22 AM, said:

You can't blame PGI for the cries of the playerbase.

You can't blame the people who made the playerbase cry? What logic is that? It is PGI who put the game so out of balance that we are where we are now. Who exactly should I blame for the sad state of the game if not the people who sought out the license for & made said game?

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 15 June 2016 - 12:47 PM.

#100 Red Shrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:48 AM

View PostTankashi, on 03 June 2016 - 08:06 AM, said:

In CW it is even further into the IS corner but not because of the mechs or their pilots solely but from the map layout and styles you are forced into playing. With the IS being tankier than the clans means you have a greater (not 100% but greater) success rate when pushing into a clan defended base and lower if your pushing into an IS held base as clan.

I do feel the maps and gamemodes are for at least a decent part at fault. Lemme quote myself from another FP thread:

View PostRed Shrike, on 15 June 2016 - 01:36 AM, said:

[ . . . ] They're the same thing over and over and over and over again. I mean, a polar map on a planet that's supposedly tropical? (Do we even have a tropical map in FP?) Besides being few in number, they're not exactly big or rich in opportunities and objectives. The maps are constantly funneling the attackers through chokepoints and meat grinders, never allowing for big battles or actual strategies other than rushing the defenders.

What might be an interesting idea is a new mode where instead of defending or attacking, the attackers and defenders meet out on the battlefield in a skirmish style game. (On sufficiently open and big maps like Polar Highlands, or maybe even bigger because respawns)
I feel this would only work if this was added to the invasion queue with a 50/50 chance of either attacking/defending or the skirmish mode I proposed, because otherwise people would only queue for the skirmish.

Edited by Red Shrike, 16 June 2016 - 02:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users