• 2,773 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:11 PM

https://mwomercs.com...s?t=201605mechs

#2 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:20 PM

You know.. the Personal Challenge would be funnier, when you had boosted it with some "Bear Hunting" stuff.. like.. +100.000 CB extra (or whatever), for every "Killed" Bear..

Edited by Sky Hawk, 18 May 2016 - 03:21 PM.

#3 WVAnonymous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:24 PM

This will not get me to spend real money. This will not get me to spend real money. This will not get me to spend real money.

If I say it enough, I'll believe it, right?

#4 Cranky Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 114 posts
  • LocationHarem of French Poodles

Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:30 PM

this would be even better with a MODULE SALE, a MECH BAY SALE, and a %50 OFF HERO SALE

#5 Gannycus

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:36 PM

Mechbay sale please.

#6 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:48 PM

Wooo I guessed it! I knew it was gunna happen!

Another one of my prophecies get fullfiled :-p

#7 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:53 PM

Cool - more free stuff

So... will we get a 12 v 12 Kodiak in the QP? Must have gotten close in the past 24 hours...

#8 Mekanïk Destruktïw Kommandöh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 350 posts
  • Location花果山: Water Curtain Cave on the Moutain of Flowers and Fruit

Posted 18 May 2016 - 04:22 PM

So, assault queue seems to be jammed for a week, thnx the event.Posted Image

Ah, btw: IWRESTLEDABEARONCE

Edited by Mekanïk Destruktïw Kommandöh, 18 May 2016 - 04:25 PM.

#9 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 04:34 PM

Hey can I have a wait time less than 10mins in the pug queue with an assault kthnx

I think it's taking the piss now having bought content for the game but can't effectively play

#10 Kshat

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 04:53 PM

View PostCranky Puppy, on 18 May 2016 - 03:30 PM, said:

this would be even better with a MODULE SALE, a MECH BAY SALE, and a %50 OFF HERO SALE

In the terms of PGI: if you buy a Kodiak package, you'll get all the mechbays needed, the spirit bear is already at 50% discount available and if you'd preordered you got Modules and some cash to buy a few more.

I somehow like that these who paid their extra bucks for the reinforcements at least got a higher chance at the competition.
Out of curiosity: would be interested to know if people get influenced by stuff like this, or even decide to add the reinforcements to their Kodiaks.

But yeah: free stuff is free, and the Holo looks awesome. The Clan Hex Warhorn doesn't but at least it sounds pretty good.

P.S.: The Kodiak Claw cockpit item is sadly painted in the standard green drab. Some gunmetal finish would've done the job better. Or, if I had a wish to spare: paint it in the primary colour of the mech it's mounted. Shouldn't be too complicated.

#11 Texas Merc

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:21 PM

Group Que should not be involved as it leads to exploitation but :PGI:

#12 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:24 PM

View PostGhogiel, on 18 May 2016 - 04:34 PM, said:

Hey can I have a wait time less than 10mins in the pug queue with an assault kthnx

I think it's taking the piss now having bought content for the game but can't effectively play

Are you kidding? With my Kodiak I get a drop inside of 5-10 seconds every time, even with the queue. Matchmaker doesn't work like it used to dood.

#13 TechChris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 159 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Midwest, I think??? Dang "Drinkin Man's" Shooter bad for my memory! ^_^

Posted 18 May 2016 - 08:54 PM

Fun!
The usual challenge with some nice free stuff....

Too bad I only gotten handful of drops since got the Kodiak cause several times I've gotten the "match not found error" and the likes because MM timed out unable to find me a match several times in a row.......n takes 10 minutes plus even on the lucky chance it does find me a match! Probably be the same if not worse for rest this event.....

Oh well......guess if I've lotta free time to kill maybe I can wait out playing least a few more matches.

Still least nice they still do this stuff for those getting matches.

#14 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 18 May 2016 - 08:54 PM

Yeah...sure!

Sure I will participate...... not!

Posted Image

Also... 5+12+10+72 = 99%

I guess Paul is the 1% in MWO after all!

#15 DarthHias

• Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:07 PM

+1 for the idea of a special bear hunting challenge Posted Image

"Big game hunter: Get 25 Kodiak kills in a light"

#16 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:39 PM

I am waiting around 5-15 minutes per game with the Kodiak...

I tried a hunchback, it's the same...

Whats going on?!

#17 KARL RUPRECHT VAN KROENEN

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:14 PM

Nice !!!! First of all let the Bear-Pilots wait 10min for a drop and than let us lurm, kill, stomp this slow assaults.....love it.....time for the Bear-Hunters...

Edited by KARL RUPRECHT VAN KROENEN, 18 May 2016 - 10:16 PM.

#18 Wan Chu Minge

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:02 PM

yay. woot. slow hand-clap.

Another nail in the coffin of FP or whatever its called this week. Add to that the 30 minute wait times in 'quick' play as everyone wants to drop Kodiak this weekend.

PGI, your product is dying. You must see this, right? You care, right?

You need to do something more than have a 'Town Hall' with a jaded and tired Russ in 3 weeks time, run by those buffoons at NGNG where a question is asked by the young guy and then re-asked by the old guy who loves his own voice. (sorry I care so little I couldn't be bothered to look up their names, but we all know who I mean)

#19 invernomuto

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:07 PM

In the Leaderboard event conditions - if I understand correctly - it says that only your 10 best matches are going to count for the event.
Than there are two additional conditions:
  • 1st Tie-Breaker: Number of Matches Played (Fewer is better)
  • 2nd Tie-Breaker: Team Damage (Less is better)
The Team damage is in the score formula, but I do not understand the other: the less I play the better it is for the event?
So it's better not using the Kodiak for the personal challenge after doing 10 "good" matches?

Thank you in advance,
D.

#20 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:25 PM

Regarding the event, everything looks set up properly for Personal Challenge Rewards to me. Rock on, folks. :)

As for this...

View PostWan Chu Minge, on 18 May 2016 - 11:02 PM, said:

yay. woot. slow hand-clap.

Another nail in the coffin of FP or whatever its called this week. Add to that the 30 minute wait times in 'quick' play as everyone wants to drop Kodiak this weekend.

PGI, your product is dying. You must see this, right? You care, right?

You need to do something more than have a 'Town Hall' with a jaded and tired Russ in 3 weeks time, run by those buffoons at NGNG where a question is asked by the young guy and then re-asked by the old guy who loves his own voice. (sorry I care so little I couldn't be bothered to look up their names, but we all know who I mean)

Well, I can tell you one of the major causes of what's killing Faction Warfare. They took out the 'Casual Player'-Friendly contracting style from 'Beta 2' completely when they made 'Phase 3', and it has caused a lot of people to just up and leave without a word. They took out the inviting feel that was there in MWO, and basically blocked away sets of Mech Bays that new players NEED behind a monstrous '3.4 year' barrier. That will in turn cause new players to get stuck and be unable to play anyway, which of course causes them to leave as well. Then PGI wondered why their product is now failing? I saw it before 'Phase 3' ever could arrive. Heck, I wrote a bit about how PGI could repair this massive problem back on the "2016-04-28 HotFix" thread, some distance down 'Page 3'. Whether PGI listens and restores the inviting feel of things is up to them, but I doubt they'll listen well enough to save MWO, and it therefore won't even last for the next 7 years. :(

~Mr. D. V. "Good Kodiak-related Personal Challenge Event... 'FW, Phase 3' needs serious repair, though." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users