39 replies to this topic

#21 EAP10

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 401 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:22 AM

To bad my computer's fried so I can't get in on this sale. I haven't even been able to log in and play with my Kodiak's yet.

PGI, could you extend this sale for like two months until I can get my new computer? ;)

#22 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:20 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 19 May 2016 - 08:31 PM, said:

I forsaw a sale coming soon™, even if I was wrong I know better then to buy skins without a sale as I am a patient mechwarrior... you know who else is patient? The Mechwarriors of Clan Ghost Bear.

First, the "I hate you all" was said in jest. Apparently, that wasn't clear, and in retrospect members of this community are indeed known for flying off the handle over stupid things, so perhaps it was a poorly executed jest. Regardless, it was a light hearted "I hate you all"

Second, while I am generally a patient person, I am much less interested in being "like a mechwarrior of clan ghost bear", because I'm not 12 and

And finally.... really, it's not a big deal. If I was actually upset, I'd just write support. But I just bought one shot camos anyways, so it doesn't matter. If I bought permanent unlocks, I'd write support.

So, my apologies for falling afoul of "Don't pretend to be raging about something silly, because here it's perfectly normal for some silly reason."

#23 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:39 AM

View PostEAP10, on 20 May 2016 - 05:22 AM, said:

To bad my computer's fried so I can't get in on this sale. I haven't even been able to log in and play with my Kodiak's yet.

PGI, could you extend this sale for like two months until I can get my new computer? ;)
lol I get this :) my motherboard is borked, and I have an RMA for it, but as it still works I'm reluctant to tear my PC apart when I could be playing... then I'd be unable to play at all till it got fixed :(

#24 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:02 AM

Fantastic pattern Mekanik !!

If I only had the Bear in my Mechlab...

#25 SourKraut

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:02 AM

You all spelled MECHBAY SALE incorrectly. At least give us a sale that has something for everyone

#26 SkavenDC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 155 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWith the Golden Foxes

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:21 AM

I too assumed you spelled "Mechbay Sale" wrong and went looking for them on-sale. Alas, they are 300MC.

Is it possible you haven't done the update yet for this "Mechbay Sale"????

I hope you get this issue resolved before this planned "Mechbay Sale" ends on the 24th.

#27 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:28 AM

Kodiak looks sooooo good in them camos :)

#28 EAP10

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 401 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:59 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 20 May 2016 - 06:39 AM, said:

lol I get this :) my motherboard is borked, and I have an RMA for it, but as it still works I'm reluctant to tear my PC apart when I could be playing... then I'd be unable to play at all till it got fixed :(

Yea I haven't been able to play this game for like a month or two, and I really quite miss it. It's sad watching everyone else have fun with their Kodiaks.

At least when I'll start playing again the Kodiak hype will have died down.

#29 Cranky Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 114 posts
  • LocationHarem of French Poodles

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:28 AM

Bought the $40.00 collection pack...thought it was a good deal....seeing this sale of patterns just makes me less likely to buy future packs.

Resistance 1 pack Unlocked Innersphere patterns for those mechs same as Resistance 2 pack, which i did purchase both and thought and still believe it is a good deal.

I know this game is free to play and people don't want to buy anything...but making the packs worth while with extra goodies would help bring more players to purchase things and more money to your company.

#30 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:42 PM

View PostCranky Puppy, on 20 May 2016 - 10:28 AM, said:

Bought the $40.00 collection pack...thought it was a good deal....seeing this sale of patterns just makes me less likely to buy future packs.

Resistance 1 pack Unlocked Innersphere patterns for those mechs same as Resistance 2 pack, which i did purchase both and thought and still believe it is a good deal.

I know this game is free to play and people don't want to buy anything...but making the packs worth while with extra goodies would help bring more players to purchase things and more money to your company.

The resistance and clan wave packs had faction unlocks based on the number of mechs you got at once. One mech, one faction pack. The new way of buying mechs you get them one at a time, and they usually come with one pattern unlocked as a pre-order bonus. In this case it was Clan Ghost Bear camo pattern. Same result really, just a bit less choice in the matter.

For the sake of comparison, it's also worth noting that the old packs had the smaller mechs available at the low tiers, and if you wanted to skip up to a big mech as an a la carte purchase it was $35 with no faction unlocks or pre-order goodies. The new system is actually a better deal if you're buying the occasional mech and not every single one that comes along.

#31 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:33 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 20 May 2016 - 06:20 AM, said:

First, the "I hate you all" was said in jest. Apparently, that wasn't clear, and in retrospect members of this community are indeed known for flying off the handle over stupid things, so perhaps it was a poorly executed jest. Regardless, it was a light hearted "I hate you all"

Second, while I am generally a patient person, I am much less interested in being "like a mechwarrior of clan ghost bear", because I'm not 12 and

And finally.... really, it's not a big deal. If I was actually upset, I'd just write support. But I just bought one shot camos anyways, so it doesn't matter. If I bought permanent unlocks, I'd write support.

So, my apologies for falling afoul of "Don't pretend to be raging about something silly, because here it's perfectly normal for some silly reason."

I didn't comment on the "I hate you all" and I did take it as a light hearted jest. /shrugs
But the fact that you assumed I didn't take it as jest and you took my response out as well highlights the issues with text based communications I guess...

Also I would be surprised if you were 12 and understood anything about clan ghost bear. Or most people under 20. As no one under 20 were heavily exposed to the battletech novels or at the very least Mechwarrior 2 (excluding those who played at the very young age) and to be quite honest I do not know many 12 year olds who were as nerdy to know the fact that the ghost bear mechwarriors were known for their patience and their strategy... well excluding me when I was 12 but that's a different story.

I apologies. It seemed that my message was taken off on the wrong note and I do feel most conversations/ debates between us have been rather heated recently so I do apologies that I did not intend any ill will Wintersdark.

#32 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:27 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 20 May 2016 - 10:33 PM, said:

I didn't comment on the "I hate you all" and I did take it as a light hearted jest. /shrugs
But the fact that you assumed I didn't take it as jest and you took my response out as well highlights the issues with text based communications I guess...

Also I would be surprised if you were 12 and understood anything about clan ghost bear. Or most people under 20. As no one under 20 were heavily exposed to the battletech novels or at the very least Mechwarrior 2 (excluding those who played at the very young age) and to be quite honest I do not know many 12 year olds who were as nerdy to know the fact that the ghost bear mechwarriors were known for their patience and their strategy... well excluding me when I was 12 but that's a different story.

I apologies. It seemed that my message was taken off on the wrong note and I do feel most conversations/ debates between us have been rather heated recently so I do apologies that I did not intend any ill will Wintersdark.

My fault, really. I've been somewhat irritable lately, quick to bite, and doing what I accused you of. Working too much, sleeping too little I suppose, but regardless, my apologies as well.

#33 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 21 May 2016 - 12:07 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 20 May 2016 - 11:27 PM, said:

My fault, really. I've been somewhat irritable lately, quick to bite, and doing what I accused you of. Working too much, sleeping too little I suppose, but regardless, my apologies as well.

This sums up my past 2 weeks perfectly. Guess we are both worked up a bit and no hard feelings.

Mind if I ask what the 5 patterns you've bought were? I am still debating on buying more patterns but all I got was mountain line (trying to mimic an MW4 winter pattern)

#34 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 21 May 2016 - 12:17 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 21 May 2016 - 12:07 AM, said:

This sums up my past 2 weeks perfectly. Guess we are both worked up a bit and no hard feelings.

Mind if I ask what the 5 patterns you've bought were? I am still debating on buying more patterns but all I got was mountain line (trying to mimic an MW4 winter pattern)

Wolf, for my KDK-4, to make it gold.
Sherman, for my KDK-3, because... well, it's basically an artillery piece. Got it for the KDK-2 as well.
Buccaneer for my KDK-5 (then after a few drops promptly sold it. I hate the 5, and that has nothing whatsoever to do with its quirks or lack thereof)
And Ghost Bear for the KDK-1 (it was free, of course, because I was very likely to sell it too... and did)... have the 1(S) as well.

If I hadn't bought these first, I'd have bought a permanent Sherman, and probably Buccaneer as well. I love the little bear on the back of Buccaneer. But they're already painted, so there's no real point now. I could swap em around a bunch of times before it costs the price of one (sale) permanent unlock.

Still, I like to have a couple options as permanent unlocks, so I can always go back to them even w/o MC.

#35 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 05:04 AM

Is it bad that I feel all left out for not having a Kodiak...and wanting one?
Budget's already spent on forthcoming mechs though.

Edited by Koniving, 22 May 2016 - 08:28 AM.

#36 ProfPyro

• PipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 05:48 AM

View PostKoniving, on 22 May 2016 - 05:04 AM, said:

Is it bad that I feel all left out for not having a Kodiak...and wanting one?
Bridget's already spent on forthcoming mechs though.

It's perfectly understandable that you see people having fun with something and want to try it yourself.
Can't she find it in her heart to let you have another? Bridget can sometimes be reasoned with. ;)

Edit: Double quote removed.

Edited by ProfPyro, 22 May 2016 - 05:51 AM.

#37 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 08:29 AM

View PostProfPyro, on 22 May 2016 - 05:48 AM, said:

It's perfectly understandable that you see people having fun with something and want to try it yourself.
Can't she find it in her heart to let you have another? Bridget can sometimes be reasoned with. Posted Image

Edit: Double quote removed.

One of those strange autocorrect moments from a tiny Android phone. The Budget's already been spent. heh.

Gotta pay two year's property taxes and baby coming. Isn't quite like the single life. I skirted by until 30 before hearing something so silly as a "car payment". Used to be like save 2 or 3k and "your car runs good. Want cash?"

Ah well. When the cbills come. And I'll get to enjoy the fun early with the Hawks, and the Cyclops. Getting the early bonuses was more important than Kodiak asap. Seeing how the Hawk is starting to look like a creature from silent hill I'm not sure how worried I should be.
Will switch to computer to put up the image.

Posted Image
The blueprint...

What we got...
Posted Image

Which is close, but the FOV makes it feel like...

Posted Image

Edited by Koniving, 22 May 2016 - 08:49 AM.

#38 ProfPyro

• PipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:31 PM

View PostKoniving, on 22 May 2016 - 08:29 AM, said:

Posted Image
The blueprint...

What we got...
Posted Image

Okay, I haven't memorized what all the weapon barrels look like ingame, but it looks almost like that PH is rockin' THREE goose waffles. Unless the IS machine guns are a radically different shape (or I'm totally off base). Tonnage impossibility aside; does this mean that they aren't going to have the handheld laser? That's a bummer.

#39 DefyingReality

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 03:28 PM

That's just PGI's "trolololol we're being silly with max hardpoints" loadout. Nothing you'll ever see in game.

#40 FuDawg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:44 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 19 May 2016 - 04:07 PM, said:

But I like you. E-mail support... they are nice. http://mwomercs.com/support

@Scout Derek Glad you like my new Gif Technology!

They weren't nice when they tried to steal my screen name for no reason :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users