#21 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 02:20 AM

View PostDivineBovine, on 21 May 2016 - 08:42 PM, said:

Ho boy...getting into the nitty gritty it seems.

Well how about some more questions~

Any recommended viewing on how to properly torso turn or however you call it...where you move your torso to protect exposed areas :X

Should I change my keyboard layout at all?

Are there any perks/quirks don't really know the names..... I should avoid getting?

Use third person in academy if it lets you. Practice here. Gauge the twist needed. Testing grounds works too. Note long mechs need very little twist to spread damage in front; beware being broadsided. Humanoid mechs need 45 degrees or more unless enemy is aiming at your CT.

Change 3rd person button from f4 to f3. This way you don't alt f4 on accident.

Skills? Well convergence is a low priority due to faster than instant is instant and thus useless.
Quirks: remember that faster cool down means faster shooting...and faster heat generation as a result. Also cool down is faster if decreased, increases are slower. Think of it as reload time.
Perks: if a mech just has an experience bonus, it isn't worth spending cash on.

#22 DivineBovine

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:07 AM

MORE QUESTIONS~

So if I do manage to destroy an enemy mech's arms or other components i needs to refocus my aim on other parts or keep focus on where i destroyed them>?

#23 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:12 AM

View PostDivineBovine, on 22 May 2016 - 10:07 AM, said:

MORE QUESTIONS~

So if I do manage to destroy an enemy mech's arms or other components i needs to refocus my aim on other parts or keep focus on where i destroyed them>?

You must aim for other parts unless trying to milk damage.

Note: any damaged part transfers damage closer to CT. But only 40%... that means 60% of damage you deal to that broken part is lost altogether. (This is why Stalkers and Marauders become incredible tanks with standard engines, gigantic side torsos that once destroyed become an even better form of armor!)

Also one of the big reasons the timber wolf is "so good".

#24 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:49 AM

When you buy a Mech for C-Bills etc...does it come with a Mech Bay?

#25 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 22 May 2016 - 11:58 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 22 May 2016 - 10:49 AM, said:

No.
Only time mech bays are included is with pack purchases

#26 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 22 May 2016 - 12:51 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 22 May 2016 - 10:49 AM, said:

if you buy anything from the website it does come with a Mechbay but buying individual Mechs for cbills or MC from the ingame store they will not come with Mechbays, the only Mechs you can buy from the in game store which include Mechbays are the mastery bundles

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 24 May 2016 - 10:18 AM.

#27 Jables McBarty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:00 PM

View PostRhavin, on 20 May 2016 - 11:42 AM, said:

[...excellent advice about RL money on MWO...]

There are other 20 dollar 3 mech packages (rifleman, archer, and the just released Kodiak assault) but the general consensus is they are not as strong as the Warhammer and Maurader. Though the kodiak is new, at the moment I am not as impressed as I had hoped to be with it. Still 20 dollars for 3 100 ton clan mechs it is not a bad deal at all. The $20 orgins pack for the Jenner II C isn't bad if you want to play light mechs, but they are overengined little glass cannons imho.

Alternatively you could buy a mastery pack for an innersphere chassis that will include a hero mech, a champion mech, and one other variant, 30 days premium time , and sometimes a mech statue. Prices vary, but some of them are good deals, and some few are great deals. Everything in a master bundle is 50% off so they are a year round sale. So in the future if your looking to buy a hero mech..check out the mastery bundle first.

As a IIC, a Jenner, and an all-around Light Mech aficionado myself, I'd recommend against the Jenner IIC pack for a first purchase. You would get the faction content, but if Light Mechs are your thing, I'd recommend getting a light Mastery Pack that comes with the Premium Time--much more useful for a rookie pilot.

To recap:
-Jenner IIC Pack comes with 3 Clan Mechs (1 with Cbills Boost), special camo and colors for $20
-Jenner Mastery Bundle comes with 3 IS Mechs (1 with Cbills Boost,1 with XP Boost), and 30 day's Premium Time (+30% boost to all XP and Cbill earnings) for $19.

I'd favor the Mastery Bundle to optimize early XP and Cbill earnings.

This goes for any Light Tier collection--Resistance or Clan--as you generally have to get to the Medium Tier to start getting Premium Time (and even then only 7 days)

Also the IS lights are generally more user-friendly than the Clan ones (outside of the Arctic Cheetah).

View PostDivineBovine, on 21 May 2016 - 08:42 PM, said:

Should I change my keyboard layout at all?

Several people have chimed in on this already, but I'll say this: I think the only keys I haven't remapped are R-Select Target, and J-Toggle AMS, and /-Toggle Weapon Doors. Literally every other button has been moved (including WASD--I prefer to sit on homerow ESDF, not only because it feels more natural, but because it also opens up another column of keys for my pinky to use).

Find what works for you. If you find you aren't using "X Key" but are always using "Y Key" but Y is much closer, switch them. After six months I just rekeyed Override Shutdown and Power Down to Numpad + and Numpad Enter so I can reach them quickly with my mouse hand.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users