#1 Saskia

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 33 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:04 AM

Thank you so very much for not allowing points after your server kicks me from a match and refuses to let me re-login for x amount of time. Then when I finally do get to login again, it takes forever to rejoin. And when I do, the team is basically all dead and I get no points for any effort I do make. Great reward system.

And no, it's not my ISP as everything else internet wise is working just fine.

Your servers are terrible!

I don't understand all the ridiculous changes you are making to this game. It used to be so much more fun. Why add the extra click to rejoin? Now we click quick search then click the mech then click the yes use current mech not one all ready in game. It used to just be click rejoin. Why would you change that and make it more difficult? It took a long time to find too.

What was wrong with 8v8?

Why do we need weight restrictions in a group? People are abusing it to their advantage no matter what stupid rules you have in place. Just let us be free to choose something we can ENJOY. I thought that was the point of playing a game.. am I wrong?

Why change a challenge rules mid challenge just because some people complain it's not easy enough for them? Others do it just fine and when you change it to the others' advantage do you reward those that actually did the original rule challenge? No, you don't. You reward childish tantrums.

So here is my tantrum!! Change some of this for me! Waaaah!!! Posted Image

Oh, I almost forgot, and then I get penalised because your server kicked me out.. good work! Posted Image

I have had so... many server errors and been penalised for it. Up to 5 minutes wait now. None of this is my fault. My internet is fine. It's just this game. Steam is fine too - which it is running through. But no.. it must be my ISP huh?! Seriously.... this is a joke! A few more games and I will have hour long penalty waits at this rate. Is this really how you reward your dedicated players? I am withholding much abuse right now out of respect. Show some in return and do something about this. Even with all these issues I still buy packs but I think I am done with that. I started playing this in Beta but it seems you have reverted to Alpha mode. Very, very, very angry right now.....

Edited by Saskia, 20 May 2016 - 10:45 AM.

#2 Karmen Baric

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationSarna

Posted 21 May 2016 - 02:20 AM

Agreed, there is a time penalty for discoing already its bullsheet that they take away your game rewards too

Edited by Karmen Baric, 21 May 2016 - 02:22 AM.

#3 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 30 May 2016 - 04:41 PM

Most of that I don't care about...but the extra click to join back in is absurd. Really...who wanted that? It can only possibly be convenient if you die or dc from multiple matches and want to keep stacking them up. The first time I learned about it, I did so because the server booted me off and I have to re-login. Because I wasn't prepared for it, getting back into the match took way too long. Now, it still adds a couple seconds to getting back in. A couple seconds doesn't sound too bad, but when you're penalized for being out too long, and it already takes nearly two minutes to start the game back up, log back in, and launch...those couple of seconds are a big deal.

Seriously...I'd like an explanation for that feature.

#4 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 May 2016 - 12:31 AM

The penalty for leaving/DCing from a match prematurely are fine as they reduce DC griefers... However the timelimit of 120 seconds is ridiculously short fro the current level of coding for the game.

Noticing you have crashed and the game is completelyhung up takes 10-20 seconds alone (You dont want to quit the game,. just because it has temporary hung up and can restore itself.. so you want to make really sure) - 100 seconds left from 120
Connecting to the client takes about 45 seconds alone looking at that great connecting circle to get to the mech lab screen - 55 seconds left from 120.
searching for the button to click away the advertising takes 10-15 seconds (I need to find out where the mouse is at least before I can move it to the button) - 40 seconds left from 120
Fumbling around with the rejoin mechanism (has been improved, but still needs to be ingraned) takes 10-15 seconds (and this is being generous) - 25 seconds left from 120
Loading screen for the map takes another 45 seconds - 20 seconds over the limit!

If it is just a software hangup, rejoining within the allocated time is impossible. Factor in the time it takes if the game has hard crashed your PC and you need to reboot;
10-15 seconds to realise that the PC is not responind at all
5 seconds holding down the power button
5 seconds to let the fans spin down to 0%
5 seconds between pressing the power button and being asked if you want to start in secured mode due to the hard reset (more if you are using a HDD and not an SSD for your primary drive)
10 seconds for Windows to load up completely (much more if you are using a HDD and not an SSD for your primary drive)
30 seconds for Steam to connect and verify the data

This is an additional 70 seconds minimum only for the user to get to the point of physically to start the 140 second reconnect process above.

Please increase the time limit to 5 minutes for a reconnect before players are penalized. This is one of the many reasons why features should be tested if they are viable or possible before being released to the live server.

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 31 May 2016 - 12:44 AM.

#5 BlackHeroe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 109 posts
  • LocationKasselhague

Posted 31 May 2016 - 12:56 AM

It is no feature, it is punishing for gettin punished :P

#6 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:07 PM

yeah between Australia's dodgy internet and the servers i get at least 1-2 disconnects a day.

#7 BAD BOB

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 21 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 November 2016 - 05:05 AM

Noticing from Makenzie71 that I'm not the only one, it does take around 2 minutes from launching the game through steam before the game even begins to initialize and get to the login screen. It takes just as long to close completely on its own. Is there something I should do to fix this? Heard the DEVs podcast mention something about deleting a file to increase performance?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users