Recent Quick Play Connection Issues

84 replies to this topic

#21 Kshat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:41 AM

Cool fix - speed things up with reloading the client.

"connecting" for two minutes makes it a hard choice wether I should stare at my loading screen or stare at a blank "connecting" screen.

#22 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 02:22 PM

We just had the whole team both sides have this... about six got back into each side... of course... inccurred the "disconnect 2 mins no rewards" crap along with another time-delay for next game penalty.

#23 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:07 PM

Please fix chat selection in Faction Play lobby.

All
Team
Lance

Also there is a annoying bug in the Mechlab, when you drop stuff it tends to put in double instances and sometimes it will put 3 medium lasers in an arm which has 2 energy hardpoints for example.

Edited by Mirage Jenius, 21 May 2016 - 03:09 PM.

#24 Rkshz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOdesa, Ukraine

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:30 PM

blinking target lock - epic bug for this patch :(
not very nice to have these two bugs during the "KODIAK LEADERBOARD EVENT"

#25 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 05:28 PM

I have had the client freeze once and 3 disconnects in the 8 or 9 games that I have tried to play since the Kodiak event began. I did not manage to get back in to any of the games I got disconnected from. I do not know whether it is game client or ISP but I have not played a game in the last two days because It was so frustrating. Sadly, my first 4 days of my 30 days of premium time have been a waste so far.

#26 Airmikee

• PipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:25 PM

I haven't experienced any connectivity issues until after this announcement was posted. The only disconnects from MWO that I can recall in the past few years were accompanied by disconnects from other services, which told me it was an issue with my ISP or something on my end.

Since this announcement I have had two connectivity issues with MWO. The first one was a long 'Initiating Drop' screen, probably 2 minutes long. The second one is the ridiculously long 'Initiating Drop' screen that has clocked 8 minutes as I am typing this (dual screen ftw.)

Perhaps the 'fix' has created more problems than it fixed?

edit: Upon being able to post this, which leads me to believe it isn't an issue on my end, I alt-F4'd the game and restarted, and everything connected fine and the Kodiak I had tried to load into is currently 'in-game'.

edit2: I was also given a matchmaker error when trying to enter a game with that mech, but I thought I was supposed to have been given an option to re-enter the game?

edit3: Choosing a different mech resulted in no issues.

edit4: Based on my Stats, it appears I was put into a match, lost and was killed in the process. Even though the game didn't inject me or let me rejoin.

edit5: I've been getting error messages that have prevented me from purchasing efficiencies, but upon restarting the efficiency was purchased.

Edited by Airmikee, 21 May 2016 - 10:01 PM.

#27 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:43 PM

- In Faction Play, Scout missions - broken team and lance chat. Only "all" works when we in waiting queue.
- After the timer show 00:00, shows another timer with 00:60
- Still problem with armor tonnage points. You can lower armor but even when tonnage shows right number - you still need lower armor to put component in mech... Like Kodiak, Raven and some others.
- Also problem with CT of Kodiak. Not the problem with armor... but with hits taken by it. Even turned torso takes damage directly into CT but not side torso by any PPC, AC or Laser. Side torsos or hand can be yellow with intact inner structure after sheilding but CT after 2-3 hits from side - became orange and mech die really quickly. Same problem is on HBK IIC, but HBK - Medium... not assault and play different role. Maybe need lower quirks on side torso and arms and make CT quirk a little higher.

#28 Kalidor74

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 May 2016 - 11:47 PM

Hanging on Drop Screen and the reward for that is a penalty after reconnecting. Great!

#29 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 12:02 AM

View PostKalidor74, on 21 May 2016 - 11:47 PM, said:

Hanging on Drop Screen and the reward for that is a penalty after reconnecting. Great!

Same here, was the only one in my lance to reconnect so our team got slaughtered as well :P

#30 CyanEyd

• PipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAntelope, CA

Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:32 AM

Seriously, incurring a penalty for something that was not my fault while burning valuable premium time...not cool! However, Piranha has shown they are able to fix problems like this in the past, and then make restitution to its consumers, so I am confident they will do it again. But still...not cool!

#31 CyanEyd

• PipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAntelope, CA

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:15 AM

Update: I don't know if this is progress, but just now I got hung up at the voting results screen (initiating drop) for 3 minutes 20 seconds, when the results screen froze briefly and I was returned to my Mech Bay.

#32 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:55 AM

I had a complete both sides drop, came back, only one other of my team reloaded vs 5 of theirs...died trying to get across plexus...quit...do another game in another kodiak...drop goes fine but died...quit...do another game...entire team load fail again...this time on frozen night city...fewer restarts on the enemy team and it was a collection game, so I got to their drop zone and killed four of them in my spirit bear.

#33 sniperjack

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 08:25 AM

With every patch connecting to the game gets worser and worser. Now my client did not start again. lets see if i can fix this again from my side. Like the last times.
Very unnessary.

#34 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:20 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 21 May 2016 - 09:35 AM, said:

that bug has been there for months...and reported for months... now magically they'll fix it.

They will make another bunch of crappy issues. You can call PGI "Wrong Done Company". I have never ever met anything so much noobish in the mmo history ... I am very glad they do not produce airplanes or automobiles ... it could be really horrorous. :D

#35 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:35 AM

Just a heads-up for everyone... You remember that 32-bit client that PGI made almost totally inaccessible? I haven't been having any disconnects or crashes with it. I haven't tested Faction Warfare at this time, so I'll have to give that a go later before they get the fix out. I don't remember for sure about the blinking targeting either with 32-bit, but I'll check that as soon as possible as well. But if you want a slightly better experience, try to track down the 32-bit MWO Client in your install, and directly select it for launch, adding a 'space' and "flowthru" to the end of the launching command line. Personally, and I know a lot of others share this sentiment, PGI should NEVER have been insane by removing the option to launch the 32-bit MWO Client from the launcher in the first place! <_<

Reference on how to use that "flowthru" command parameter --
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__5081270

~D. V. "Wishing PGI would keep their code sane..." Devnull

#36 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:47 AM

leader board event, and a logging bug, perfect.

I see P.G.I are back to the old game of blaming I.S.P's rather than them selves, for this utter disaster.

All my other online games are rock solid connections, no issues what so ever, only this.

two years ago my ping was 99-110 to the Us servers, a year ago it was 110-120 now my ping since the latest patch has been 149.

These improvements you keep making to the game are sure working well, please stop trying to make things better.

Edited by Cathy, 22 May 2016 - 10:50 AM.

#37 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 22 May 2016 - 11:22 AM

There are also terrible ping right now. I saw alot of fluctuations from 100 to 700 in ping. US, EU and Oceanic servers dips into red often, just by hovering over the Quick Play tab. And yeah the loading times are kinda bad aswell.
I usually have a stable 41-50 in ping but had frequent 400, 600 etc

Edited by Tordin, 22 May 2016 - 11:24 AM.

#38 ColonelProctor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 243 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHorn Lake, Mississippi

Posted 22 May 2016 - 11:50 AM

Starting to experience the target issue myself bot last night and this morning. Even had one shot at an enemy hit him, neither of us moved, the next shot missed.

#39 M A S E

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 142 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 12:10 PM

Don't let them fool you. This is a feature, not a bug.

#40 MagikMan191

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 12:12 PM

On top of the disconnect issue and partial team reconnect, you then have the remaining players battle it out, only to have the last mech or two go around and slowly for the remaining part of the match strip each component piece of the DC'd mechs to obtain massive points. When you get to the end game screen with match totals, none of the players showed as DC, so it looks like these "Skilled" pilots actually did massive damage thus skewing the results on the Kodiac challenge. It's pretty apparent that the DC issues have caused problems especially when you see some of these massive points per chassis scoreboard totals. Sure, some players are tier 1 top players, but these lists definitely have some non-competitive players with scores WAY over their playability standard in "Real" 12 on 12 games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users