Recent Quick Play Connection Issues

84 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:15 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,
We've identified an issue introduced as of the May 17th patch that can cause Quick Play match connections to fail. This issue manifests as endless loading at the voting results screen, and in some circumstances a disconnect to the MechLab. We are currently working on a fix for these issues, planned for inclusion into a hot fix early next week.
In the meantime, if you experience extended loading at the voting results screen, shutting down your client, relaunching, and rejoining the match should connect you to the match in question. Less commonly the match itself may not be active, and you will not have the option to rejoin.
We apologize for any frustration this issue may cause, particularly as we head into the weekend. We will send out the fix as soon as possible.

#2 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:22 PM

Also, some additional clarification that the issues outlined above specifically relate to the MWO client. There are currently a number of internet outages and stability issues with certain ISP's worldwide that may also be affecting your connection stability recently and through this weekend. If you're seeing spotty internet overall, follow up with your ISP for any issues that might be affecting you.

The hot-fix planned for early next week will also include a fix for some of the targeting issues you may have experienced since the May 17th patch.

#3 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts
  • LocationInside a straightjacket

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:43 PM

Hitting the wireless button on your keyboard, or shutting down your internet another way, will cause the client to bring you back to the login screen after a few seconds.

This is faster than terminating the mwo.exe and restarting.

#4 CyanEyd

• PipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAntelope, CA

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:14 PM

Yeah, I was a beneficiary of this particular bug...I had to ctrl-alt-del out of the client because I was stuck at the voting results page for so long. Once I got back I tried to rejoin my match and I still got hit with the automatic punishment system for those who leave matches early. Really not cool guys, it wasn't my fault. You need to make this right. I spend my money freely on your free to play product.

#5 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:49 PM

Every patch will have a bug get used to it some people call it progress

#6 CyanEyd

• PipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAntelope, CA

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:18 PM

Well, alright, but only 'cause you say so. They still need to make it right tho.

Edited by CyanEyd, 20 May 2016 - 10:34 PM.

#7 ChewBaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 264 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:34 PM

Shouldn't the penalty be removed until the hot-fix is issued? Or do you need a hot-fix to remove that penalty too?

#8 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:36 PM

Hot-Fix / Hot-Fix / Hot-Fix !!

We need a Warhorn for that, with people shouting like on the recent Tournament Supporter Warhorn !!

#9 Rick Windwalker

• PipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHanover, Germany

Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:53 PM

-What about the "Ceasefire-Bug" ?
-What about the absolute unintentional rejoinment of disconnected FW-matches? (right now you have to goto faction, select a 'defense' planet, select invasion, go back to the attacked planet, then click attack, then accept the rejoin-offer...)
-What about the bug not to be able to switch chatmode in the FW-lobby? (maybe it only occurs at certain resolutions?)
-What about upgrading your servers tickrate to maybe improve HSR now?

Rick
out

Edited by Rick Windwalker, 20 May 2016 - 11:58 PM.

#10 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts
  • LocationInside a straightjacket

Posted 21 May 2016 - 12:29 AM

View PostDelta 62, on 20 May 2016 - 08:43 PM, said:

Hitting the wireless button on your keyboard, or shutting down your internet another way, will cause the client to bring you back to the login screen after a few seconds.

This is faster than terminating the mwo.exe and restarting.

I get no penalty when I do it this way.......... use what you have in front of you, and make it work. Complaining is a last resort.

#11 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:50 AM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 20 May 2016 - 07:22 PM, said:

The hot-fix planned for early next week

Thats called a cold fix brother

#12 AnHell86

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 106 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:20 AM

I had 4 disconnects in a row. If I try to reconnect, it still results in a hanging client. QQ

I will play until the Hot-Fix is issued.

Thanks!

Edit: Now, I even get disconnected while on my Mechbay building my mechs. :/

Edited by anhell86, 25 May 2016 - 06:57 AM.

#13 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:23 AM

View PostRick Windwalker, on 20 May 2016 - 11:53 PM, said:

-What about the "Ceasefire-Bug" ?
-What about the absolute unintentional rejoinment of disconnected FW-matches? (right now you have to goto faction, select a 'defense' planet, select invasion, go back to the attacked planet, then click attack, then accept the rejoin-offer...)
-What about the bug not to be able to switch chatmode in the FW-lobby? (maybe it only occurs at certain resolutions?)
-What about upgrading your servers tickrate to maybe improve HSR now?

Rick
out

To avoid the ceasefire bug, simply click on your faction page when you first log in... your client seems to think it is ceasefire until that tab has been refreshed. So if you log in, join a group and try to enter fp, you get this bug.

The trick is that you'll notice the first time you go to the faction tab it shows the ceasefire state for a split second.

#14 Major Spongebob

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 128 posts
  • LocationB/W

Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:30 AM

hi,
and my premium day Posted Image

#15 Boyka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:59 AM

Kodiak need a fix too, actually this mech is a walking CT, twist quirks are useless if you cannot spread damage on side torsos.

Did Russ tweeted something about it? We need an Hotfix asap.

#16 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 21 May 2016 - 06:02 AM

Let's see...hmm.. I had 2 matches without going to dc in the last hour... so.. I am happy to hear, that you need "just" another 2-3 day to fix this "identified issue"...

#17 FaithBombCRNA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 06:08 AM

This is not a bug, it's a "feature" to test out the new "Games in Progress" window. Also to determine metrics on how many people will play the Quick Play event when Quick Play is bugged testing features.

#18 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 21 May 2016 - 06:10 AM

Is there any chance that the Event might be extended by a few days to accommodate players who were particularly hard-hit by this bug?

#19 martillo

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:24 AM

I'm getting stuck in the initiating drop window and then i get penalized

#20 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:35 AM

that bug has been there for months...and reported for months... now magically they'll fix it.

Edited by Dee Eight, 21 May 2016 - 09:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users