2 replies to this topic

#1 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 21 May 2016 - 12:14 AM

So I've been enjoying my time with this game and decided to start buying stuff.

If I click on the store tab here on the website, the options I get are packages, gift shop, and tournament.

As someone new, that was slightly befuddling. I'd already accidentally bumped into cockpit items, paint, mech bays,, mech bundles, and single ala carte mechs. Oh, and not to mention the place to purchase MC. Now, that I'm here with my wallet open, where is all of this?

As it turns out, it's in the in-game store. Not all of it, though. The cockpit and paint are tucked away in the mechlab, and the MC place is off on its own.

Going even further, now that I'm in-game shopping, I want to compare that tourney and pre-order bonus items with the cockpit items. Can I see these things in-game? No, they're back on the website.

Couldn't everything simply be in one place (the store tab on this site) or ideally two places (the store tab on this site with an exact clone in-game)? Put another way, if people want to spend cash on this game, shouldn't it be as easy as possible?

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 01:24 AM

I agree this would be nice. Though perhaps a bit overwhelming.

The preorders aren't there because of the need for space and clarification that while a preorder it isn't in the game. Stays that way because it's cash direct rather than MC.

#3 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:33 AM

Ah yes, I see. So the concept is really that the website is the "cash store" and then in-game is the "MC store". Maybe they could be labeled as such? Maybe a sign that says "Didn't find what you're looking for? Have you tried the _____ store?"

Maybe there could be a redirect in the MC store that takes you to where the paint and cockpit items are (if reprogramming all of that is a pain)?

Thanks for the insights!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users