- - - - -

Anyone With A G402 Hyperion Fury Mouse?

4 replies to this topic

#1 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 11:01 AM

I just got it and I'm trying to figure it out. So far it is a little jumpy when aiming.

It says to set up "pointer settings" and the DPI. I semi have no idea what this means (i'm missing my $13 Razor, lol)

http://support.logit...69v9qAAA#detect

It has profiles for almost 2000 game including Mechwarrior 4 but oddly, not for MechWarrior online.

I started last night doing a wipe and reinstall of Windows 7. I was going to do it anyway so I did not have to pay the $130.00 charge for Windows 10 on July 30th.

The reason i did it now was this game. It was stuck in some odd setting. It was fullscreen or a little screen. And it took me hitting Alt plus Enter 6 times to get out or back. That problem is now gone.

Normally, reinstalling is not hard to do. But the new External HD I bought is a little odd (it says it is a "back up" drive) and it seems like I did not save my downloads and documents. Which means I'm going everywhere to DL files i should have already had. And all my music, movies etc are gone.

Anyway, if anyone can give me some tips on setting up this mouse it would be great.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 22 May 2016 - 03:36 PM

Once MWO is installed and you are in the game, click on settings (lower right corner) and move Mouse Sensitivity to 0.1 to 0.3, the other mouse settings stay at zero.

The DPI controls how quickly your mouse moves across the screen. The two buttons to the left, on top of the mouse allows you to change the DPI from one setting to another. You can set it to have several DPI but 3-4 is enough. Try 500-750-1000-1500 and set the default to 750.

The two side buttons are your default BACK (button 4) and FORWARD (button 5) for browsers. Those are also the default setting for weapon group 3 (back-button 4) and weapon group 4 (forward-button 5).

Your mouse wheel is button 3 and scrolling. I like setting up the scrolling for zoom, others will set it to cycle through targets.

#3 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:38 AM

To the OP, sorry for being OT, but I don't know who told you there was going to be a $130 charge for Win 10, but that was only if you weren't a registered user with it already on your system. You didn't really need to do what you have done. :-(

#4 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:43 AM

That was not the only reason. The main reason was that some of my devices like my nice Video Card was not working because Windows 10 did not and will not make a driver for it. I'm now running a resolution of 1920X1080 and the change is dramatic. I was having problems seeing canyon walls and now I can see blades of grass. My PC is several years old and now runs so much better.

I had to reinstall anyway because of the problems I've been having with MWO. I could not get it to go into Windows mode, it was stuck in full screen. So to get out I had to hit Alt and Enter. And to get back to full screen to play, I had to hit Alt and Enter six times.

And then the simple fact that I hate Windows 10. I can't really think of one thing about it that I liked. Now I'm back to a simple format.

And they do say us old people do not like new fangled things. :P

http://download.cnet...xpires-july-26/

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 23 May 2016 - 08:45 AM.

#5 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 09:51 AM

And wow, the sight of the PPC firing is no longer one white blur, I'm now seeing the crackling energy of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users