1000 Post Give Away! It's A Big'un! =Winners Announced=

248 replies to this topic

#21 Droolcup Commando

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 40 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:04 AM

Its times like these i wish my computer could run fraps and the game at same time. but i play on a potato =p

Regardless, if i did, id have posted either my random 2x Er-ppc alpha towards a running light on the other side of canyon network and insta-killing via rear Ct destruction (didnt even aim or time the shot for longer than a second)
-or-
on alpine i randomly fired my 2x Er-ppc alpha while jump jetting down from a mountain top (same mech and load-out but different day) towards a mauler about 800-1000m away and headshot it by chance.

these 2 instances as well as the many other amazing kills or deaths on edge of a good fight ive caused or suffered is why i love MWO. There have been very few games i've played that allow me to customize my weapon load-outs with many various chassis to choose from which in its own way keeps the game interesting for me. Constantly changing my load-outs and experimenting to find what works best for me or sometimes just to have fun is something this game does that not many others do.

All i can say that is that i intend to keep playing this till i no longer can. i may not play it everyday or maybe even for a week or two (new games do that to ya sometimes) but i always come back to grind them c-bills for that newly released mech ive been waiting to redo the whole process over again for (im looking at you Viper...the time will come.)

on a final note. i do want to thank those who contribute to the Mechs-as-Gifs thread. Those images are a good source of entertainment and brilliantly summarize many situations ive seen happen or been in myself. despite all the flaming or arguing that can happen on these boards...there is at least one place we can all go to for a laugh =)

and of course, grats on your post count and may your next alpha be a headshot =p

#22 Team Chevy86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:08 AM

View PostDroolcup Commando, on 23 May 2016 - 01:04 AM, said:

and of course, grats on your post count and may your next alpha be a headshot =p

Holy **** balls. This is going to sound really cheesy, but I just got my third or fourth long range legitimate headshot with my dual guass crab 5 minutes ago last match. Smacked a Kodiak at like 600m. Thanks for the prayers, haha!

Edited by Team Chevy86, 23 May 2016 - 01:11 AM.

#23 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:08 AM

View PostTeam Chevy86, on 23 May 2016 - 12:58 AM, said:

You sir, are incredibly boring.

sorry i got dropped mid thought, then i lost it in the heat of battle (terra therma <3). how about a haiku:

big stompy robots
melting heat sinks burn red hot
dead kodiaks here

e: cant count sylables
e2: or spell them

Edited by LordNothing, 23 May 2016 - 01:20 AM.

#24 Doctor Dinosaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 271 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:15 AM

Because of the following video I decided to get me some Kit Foxes (cause triple AMS). Never regreted it.

#25 TexAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:21 AM

Posted Image

I love KING CRABS!!

(I did this by importing the mech assets into Cinema4D and re-texture and re-shade it).

Here is the video of it on the roundtable: https://vimeo.com/163342774

If you wanna see more pictures go here: http://mwomercs.com/...85#entry5132485

#26 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:24 AM

That's a very nice topics and the gifts are awesome ;)
Thanks to create a topic where everyone can talkabout anything !

So in order to post something about the game... I like to test strange stuff on clan mechs, for example i have a Daishi with biggest Alpha laser strike but without ghost heat and the more DHS possible (Alpha = 96). It's a little like the Laser Drill of the B33f but i try to keep it manageable !

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a2046c96c70acd9

I wonder if the same philosophy will work on the Kodiak-1 !

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...6ba95e4549fc186

(Alpha = 83)

Posted Image

#27 Team Chevy86

• The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:39 AM

View PostTexAce, on 23 May 2016 - 01:21 AM, said:

Posted Image

I love KING CRABS!!

(I did this by importing the mech assets into Cinema4D and re-texture and re-shade it).

That looks awesome. Figurines like that grab my attention. I got this kit when I bought Halo 5, called Metal Earth. It took me 6 hours to put together but it looks amazing
http://www.fascinations.com/metalearth

Imagine if Battletech did that *drools*

#28 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:41 AM

View PostPoppaukko, on 23 May 2016 - 12:38 AM, said:

I once made almost 2 million spacebucks in a single quickplay match. It was... some time ago.

Posted Image

So, Poppa..... the great economic crisis by Paul is been suggested by you....

#29 AnTi90d

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:49 AM

I've played Battletech since the mid 90s. I started at a comic book store where I had been playing Magic: The Gathering, Blood Bowl and Warhammer: Fantasy. I remember that my first game I had a Hatchetman.. and I ended my turn, getting ready to hatchet a Rifleman the next turn.. and that Rifleman had one round to shoot me. It turned out that the guy playing the Rifleman had weighted dice and was kicked out later, but I was the first death that day, as he rolled all 6s and blew my cockpit out with a gauss rifle.

I still have my old Marauder miniature, painted in the 1st Sword of Light colors of House Kurita. I lost the others in the move. I did play that really ******** Battletech click game for a few years.. just because there were tournaments in this area, so I'd organize some travel and take everyone's best tournament prizes. I still have several tackle boxes of them. I've considered getting rid of them, as I'll surely never play that dreck ever again.. but I do have some fond memories of some of those mechs.. like the 16 inch range Wolf Catapult and Blackhawk.. and the Caden Senn Ryoken 2.. and that Kuritan tank from the first set that was really fat and badas..

I played MW4 for a few years. I had been playing a lot of private server Assault/Invasion type matches with player-built custom maps and eventually got the motivation to put together one of my own. I searched for a while until I found different pieces of software that would help me translate a photoshop image that was a height map into a shaded texture to make the map ground.. and I had all the settings set, then placed the base buildings and set the vehicles on the map.. and got stuck trying to code the vehicles and turrets to shoot the enemy team. Before I could figure it all out, my HDD suddenly died and I didn't have any of the data backed up. When I went to download MW4 again, a few days later, I found out the free release just suddenly died and the servers were shut down.

I do still have the texture map from the level.. but that is the only piece that I still have for several weeks worth of work.

Posted Image

My PC sucked until I finally upgraded it, late last year. I lplayed Cosmic League for like two months and then quit and someone reminded me that there was another Mechwarrior game that I could finally play. So, now I'm here, as of ~February.

#30 Refa

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:57 AM

Congrats on 1000!

The QKD was the second mech I mastered, and the first mech I fell in love with. After I shook out the bugs it rocketed me out of tier 5 play and into the top of tier 4 before I branched out into other mechs. Here's the first match where I got over 1k in a quickplay!

Posted Image

#31 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:24 AM

My first Calvin and Hobbes parody strip of MWO. The idea came to me when I was reading a thread about features and longevity of the game. I wasn't sure if I would post it cause I would get pretty embarrassed if it got shot down. Community reception was positive, so I made few dozens more.

Posted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 23 May 2016 - 02:31 AM.

#32 bobobobobiy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:39 AM

Posted Image

Here's a gif that always gets used in lrm threads.

#33 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:43 AM

Very cool give away Team Chevy86. Congrats on the post count. You help keep it interesting and entertaining around here. Well done on this event and keep on keeping on with your good quality, thoughtful posts. Skol!

#34 Corrado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 817 posts
  • Locationfinale emilia, italy

Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:55 AM

I dont know where i could start. i like MWO cos i was really addicted to MW4. I still feel the joy the day i saw the MW5 trailer, with that atlas coming out the smoke. Then casually found this Mechwarrior Online, back when the game just hit Open Beta.

I promptly created an account and installed the game. Couldnt wait to fire up the client, kept to check when the game was ready to play. i was very excited. The first time i logged in, i had those trial mechs to start. After some matches in terribad trial builds, managed to purchase my first mech, my first real love.

The Hunchback 4P

Filled with 9 Medium Lasers, i started farming the money for a XL engine. i was really terrible at shooting and that thing was hot. there werent DHS back then so i did start using 9 Small Lasers and the max number of heatsinkg. Once i had enough money, slammed in a XL300 and used it as a light hunter and the agility of the mech was enough to flank and pass rear to the atlases to shoot em in the back with that insane 27 alpha damage ( Posted Image ). After a while PGI lowered (nerfed) the engine cap to 275. I was so addicted i bought a paypal card and went up in the store to buy the Veteran Founder Pack.

Later fell in love for the Atlas-RS with 4LPL, then bought the CND-9D with just 2SRM6 and a XL350. the idea was to troll with a 130ish kph centurion, and i saw it was quite effective to run in the atlases rear.

I'll edit with more sauce after the work.

#35 Random Carnage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 946 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:12 AM

View PostTeam Chevy86, on 22 May 2016 - 11:46 PM, said:

It's all random.

It's all me? Sweet!

As for a memorable game, this one came down to my Dire vs a Spider, both of us with 1000 pt games on the board. There was another mech or two still standing, but me and this damned Spider were dueling it out at the end when the clock ran out.

Posted Image

#36 SgtSkullShatter

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 83 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:44 AM

Wish I still had my screen shot but had to do a hard drive format :(
My Dire Wolf got me my ace of spades. I ended up doing 1,437 damage and 8 kills. It was on Canyon Network.

#37 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:50 AM

A video I made to try out Fraps and Vega Pro.

Heere's the result.

Also: congrats on 1000 post. But you still have a long way to go young mechwarrior.

Edited by KuroNyra, 23 May 2016 - 03:55 AM.

#38 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:51 AM

Congratulations on 1000 posts!
You still have long-ways to go to reach the gates of Forum-warrior Valhalla!
But once you do, you'll definitely be shiny and chrome!

Something i have done long time ago, my first (and currently the only one?) submission to the repainted concept art thread.
I've always been a fan of the 3rd Drakons pattern, for me, it's a pity we got the 1st Tyr as the FRR faction camo.
Posted Image

#39 Kasumi Sumika

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationFeeding the Fires of Rubicon

Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:26 AM

Here's me with Shadow Hawk 5M. Notice that I almost Got Aces of Spade title just only 1 kill left. But actually I got killed by Arctic Cheetah Sniper in the back so I'm not yet get that Achivement. Our team were badly damage and killed by Arctic Cheetah Sniper that killed me. Then that match become 1v1, That Arctic Cheetah vs Jenner from our team. Then we lose after that. I still not yet get Aces of Spade Achievement and for that reason this match is still haunts me. Posted Image .

Posted Image

Also Congrats for 1000th Post!

#40 Tankerwolf

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:29 AM

First off, thank you for doing such a great give away.
I still remember going to Chicago's North Pier and seeing a store with a giant Madcat sitting in the window. I begged my mom to go check it out and was hooked ever since on big stompy robots. It was the full cockpit simulators for Mechwarrior!!
I try to play everything related to MW and currently have a terrain in progress in the garage for the Heroclix MW game that I now play with my wife and son.
I stalk on the forums and almost never post. I play almost everyday at least one game.
I know there is a lot of criticism from the founding members and such over what this game could / should have been but there is just something about seeing the drop ships fly off and a herd of recognizable stompy death machines marching towards battle.
I will never be a comp player and don't really care about my k/d; I just play to have fun.
Yes, I'm the guy with LRM's on an Atlas, LBX10's on whatever I can fit them on, and machine guns and flamers on the same mouse button on my Cheeta (which recently got LRM's as well)
Take care all and see you on the field.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users