248 replies to this topic

#41 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:42 AM

Thought about my first AoS, my first 1000, my most recent 1000 (too many in the last few days, they're devalued, so no), a great comp match, a funny image, but settled on this, which represents my very proudest moment in MWO, when I got my KDR to 1.0. When I started playing MWO, I had not played a shooter in over five years and had never played a PvP game. And I started in Commandos on a potato. My first 100 games, I was 32-68 with 5 kills. That hole kept getting bigger for a long time, but I eventually got out of it. :)

Posted Image

#42 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:06 AM

since you'r going to lose as much as (or hopefully less than) you win when solo PUGging, it's a little less of a sting when at least you contributed to the match

Posted Image

#43 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:12 AM

Because the UrbanMech is good for the first time in any Mech game :)

#44 Kangarad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 573 posts
  • LocationIn the Mechlab, adding more Double Heatsinks.

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:13 AM

I agree on that one however why Not go with a clean 1k for that one?

I realy like MWO and have been playing for quite a while.
However there seems to be 2 maps avoiding me. in all these years I only have done 3 matches on Forest colony Winter and 5 on Emerald Taiga. Anyone seen those in the rotations lately?
Posted Image

#45 The Madman 13h

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:32 AM

MechWarrior II was actually my very first PC game bought with my own money. I had played some Battletech tabletop before but only briefly because Shadowrun took up most of our TT time back then.

While MW2 and its sequels were cool and there were other mech games like Shattered Steel, none of the games from that era captured the Battletech TT atmosphere quite like MissionForce: Cyberstorm.

Anybody remember this gem of a game? I will continue playing MWO for a long time but am also eager to see what HBS will do with their tactical BT game.

#46 RebJohhny

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:34 AM

Nothing beats those moments when you destroy an enemy mech in a glorious explosion.
Thats why i play this game to outwit the enemy and cripple and destroy his fighting vehicle.
Using brilliant bursts of PPCs, lasers and volleys of auto cannons.

Posted Image

#47 burns

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationMonerica

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:37 AM

Kinda miss the times when people across the board had high hopes and were posting all kinds of interesting suggestions on the forums, thinking we´d eventually get a really special game out of it. Also, SHS!!! It really was fun when everyone had them :)

Also wanna chime in with the urbielovers:

Posted Image

#48 La Jefa

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:58 AM

Mechwarrior is great mechwarrior is neat
I shoot all my lasers despite upping my heat
I guard my rear from friendly fire
Despite it being friendly the fire is dire
My IS mechs now boat as many weapons as i can
Especially now since the Clans have came
Add a pinpoint fusillade of heavy autoccanons
And down in flames go more of those Orions

Edited by La Jefa, 23 May 2016 - 06:01 AM.

#49 eminus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 604 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:09 AM

my feeling every time I am in my Altas and I thought the team would push but left me doing it alone lol

Posted Image

#50 MechWarrior414712

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:14 AM

I love robots thats why I came here to kill robots. Makes sense right?

#51 Tiger Dad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 176 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:17 AM

Thank you Chevy. And thanks to the whole MWO Forum and community. Life has been a little rough for me the last couple of months. I thank the game and community for giving me an outlet to take my mind off of it. I mean my troubles are greater than OP Kodiaks or ghost heat or alpha strikes but it's nice to allow me to think about other things. MWO is great for me. Let's me shoot things and see things break. I get killed more often than not and I am surely not of a competitive level. I try to get better but that's not my main point of the game. I play MWO to take my mind off of things. But the forums are also quite fun to read. Saltiness and also good support all in one place. Thanks to you Chevy and many, many like you who push for the game to make it fun. Who do giveaways and have a lot less in terms of finances that others. I appreciate all of you who give time and effort and raise money for those who are in need.
Thank you for the brief respite from RL. Thank you for letting me shoot you all in big stompy robots.

#52 Charles Cage

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 8 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, AL

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:21 AM

I've been playing MW since I was in middle school. It's how me and my best friend bonded. Heck, we still play to this day. It's still a fun game, and I love shooting other mechs down in my war machine. The tactical aspect of it is great. I love shooters, but the strategy here is so much different.

#53 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:33 AM

Thanks for the generosity. Posting an old game for nostalgia

#54 TheMisled

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 130 posts
  • LocationLocked in a brawl with another mech on some distant planet.

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:37 AM

Congrats on reaching 1000 posts. I don't have much to add so I'll drop this random video of me in my MAL-MX90: http://plays.tv/vide...ound-?from=user

Not my best game and I do have better build for that mech but hey-ho it's still MWO.

#55 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:42 AM

I wasted the whole team...

(This was a couple of years ago. I don't have many MWO moments saved. :( )

#56 Johny Rocket

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:53 AM

Remember back when the Jenner sucked and the only thing that got you laughed at harder was strapping 4 lrm5s on an Oxide, but then you didn't suck. I do.

Catching this great vid of a Banshee pretending he's a core drill was worth dying early.
CAUTION: DO NOT WATCH WHILE DRINKING

Remember when the Timby 1st came out and everyone was like "God Mode" and then a guy in a lowly Kintaro ate their lunch? Wish I could have seen these guys faces.

I apologize for the crap capture software I was running back then.

#57 Palor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 372 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationManitowoc WI

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:54 AM

I had never imagined I would be able to get 8 kills, much less 8 kills in a light. Would of never been possible with that shadowcat sniping at the enemy and distracting them. Since at one point the match was 4-8, the win felt really epic.

Posted Image[/URL]

#58 Snowbluff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:14 AM

I like all of the teamwork.

#59 davoodoo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:26 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Is it yet plagiarism or just inpiration. I still want it though

Edited by davoodoo, 23 May 2016 - 07:28 AM.

#60 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:26 AM

Stay awhile and listen, all ye who wish to hear the tale of the DOOMCROW™. It was River City. Both teams were down to their last man. My Stormcrow had survived the glorious battle mostly unscathed, but so had the enemy Dire Wolf. It was two honorable vatbred warriors against eachother.

On the Dire Wolf was SIX UAC/10s. To this day I know not how he broke construction rules. I suspect he learned an ancient weight savings technique from salvaging the legendary jumpjet Atlas. I was in my Doomcrow. 6 Small Lasers. 4 SRM 6 + A and only enough ammo left to fire 3. I had to make my shots count.

I quickly ran behind cover, narrowly dodging autocannon shells! I had mere seconds to formulate a strategy to defeat this hundred ton monster as it slowly crept up to my positon. He slowly crept up to my positon, his guns bared and ready to blast me into infinity and beyond. I had to do something!

Just as he turned the corner I went full throttle, quickly circling behind him. My lasers shot into the Dire Wolves rear, making a small hole for my SRMs which I launched a mere half second later. The beast let out a mighty death scream that echoed through the city and well into the next.

It was slain. I was victorious. I claimed honor for myself, my family and clan that day. Let none others challenge me for this prize for I have won!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users