248 replies to this topic

#1 Team Chevy86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 22 May 2016 - 11:46 PM

So I've seen these giveaways come up a couple times to commemorate the hours we've drained into these forums rambling, arguing, suggesting, and sometimes, admiring one another. Now it's my turn Posted Image I figured I've spent more time here than the average individual. I'll reward those willing to put up with me, hahaha.
I'll cross post this to the Steam forums to get more entries.

RULES:

Simple, really. All you need to do is post.
Leave a post, screenshot, or video that you found that involves MWO, past or present. Better yet, something you did yourself. Then leave a short (or lengthy, hooray for stories) of why you like MWO, or something describing that image/video. It can be anything, from the whacky to the serious to the obscene. Maybe you caught a video of me in my early days losing my mind. In that case you automatically win, lol. Anything Mechwarrior Online. Keep it positive, but I'm not scared of profanity Posted Image

Once you've posted, I'm literally going to do the old fashioned 'pull your name out of a hat'. Anyone who posts will have their name written on a piece of paper, and throw into an old greasy hat. I have lots. The rewards will function the same way but in a different greasy hat. Once I pull a name, I'll immediately pull out a reward. Once you've won - that's it. You don't get a second chance to get pulled again.
I'll PM the codes to the winners on the date specified.
AND NO. THERE IS NO FAVORITISM HERE. I don't personally know anyone here... I think. It's all random. As far as I'm concerned, you're on the internet, you're all imaginary. Everyone gets a fair shot through elimination.

If you receive a reward of a mech that you already have, well, too damn bad. Give the code away. Use the code, sell the mechs. Write it down and stick it on your fridge and stare at it. I don't care. I'm not refunding or doing the equivalent value, makes it easier on me.

REWARDS: WINNERS in bold

- Cyclops standard pack x2
#1- o0m9
#2- Snowbluff
#3 - Monodominant (... It's your lucky day. I accidentally bought a 3rd Cyclops instead of PT)

- Phoenix Hawk standard pack
John Matrix

- Night Gyr standard pack x2
#1- Parmeggido
#2- Problem Child

- Viper standard pack
Ace Selin

- Kodiak standard package
- Blind Baku

- 7 days PT x3
#1- Appogee
#2- Squirg
#3- Corrado

- Commando Mastery Pack
Poppaukko

- Centurion Mastery Pack
Myray

- Catapult Master Pack
Fut (...Lucky!!!)

- Dragon Mastery Pack
The Mech Daddy

- Stalker Mastery pack
El Bandito

- ACH-Prime(C)
BulletSponge0

- SCH-Prime(C)
Shock21

- EBJ-Prime(C)

- WHK-Prime(C)

June 17/2016
Well that's a wrap. Thanks to all to participated and congratulations to the winners. Check your PM's in the next couple hours Posted Image

This may sound sudden but, for those of you that care I'm probably making myself scarce around these parts from here on out. Too many other commitments and well.. Other games have gotten my attention.

That, and the lack of direction PGI has for what is one my favorite games. I can't feel too excited for it's future with Battletech right around the corner. Don't get me wrong I'll still be playing and hanging around, but I won't be near as active.

This was the most I've tried to be active/involved with a game community. I really respect the whole lot of you out there, being a much more mature audience it's really refreshing compared to other gaming forums. I hope to see you in Battletech. Stay classy.

Edited by Team Chevy86, 17 June 2016 - 12:27 PM.

#2 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 11:47 PM

Posted ImageCongrats on 1000 posts

Edited by Xetelian, 22 May 2016 - 11:48 PM.

#3 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 22 May 2016 - 11:52 PM

Posted Image

Praise be RNGeesus

But wait...I didn't take this one myself...dem rules
I'll let someone else get in on this event. I have enough robots.

#4 Team Chevy86

• The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 22 May 2016 - 11:56 PM

I guess I can change that part. It doesn't really have to be something you personally took. Anything fun or interesting will work. I'm not picky. Too bad! You're in!

Edited by Team Chevy86, 23 May 2016 - 12:47 AM.

#5 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:00 AM

Posted Image

Just a simple edit on an urbie screenshot!

Congrats on 1000th post.

Edited by Navid A1, 23 May 2016 - 12:05 AM.

#6 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:02 AM

Only need another 3000 LP to reach level 20 as an FRR loyalist.

Posted Image

Maxing out on some scouting LP.

(Congrats to us all on being here and thanks for the event!)

Edited by Ace Selin, 23 May 2016 - 12:05 AM.

#7 Brandarr Gunnarson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 847 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:03 AM

Wow! Very generous of you, Chevy! Posted Image Congrats on making it to 1000!

I've always been an MechWarrior fan, ever since MW2 came out (my introduction to MW). I think what I like most about MWO is the potential. For all the negativity and the screams of this, that and the other thing; there's nothing in this game that has made it unplayable or is so far out of whack as to kill that potential.

I wish you and MWO a bright and happy future!

I hope I win the Cyclops Pack! Posted Image

Question: Post is enough or needs to be video/screen?

Edited by Brandarr Gunnarson, 23 May 2016 - 12:05 AM.

#8 Team Chevy86

• The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:03 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 23 May 2016 - 12:00 AM, said:

Posted Image

Bwahaha that's always been one of my favorites. Reminds me of Mister Chief from the Halo 3 days

Edited by Team Chevy86, 23 May 2016 - 12:08 AM.

#9 DarthHias

• Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:12 AM

Oh no we are just some mixed Pugs we don´t stand a chance! (One of my teammates at match start)

Posted Image

CARRY HARDER!!! Posted Image

#10 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:22 AM

If you'll beat Bish total posts, I'll give a gold mech.

#11 Team Chevy86

• The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:27 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 23 May 2016 - 12:22 AM, said:

If you'll beat Bish total posts, I'll give a gold mech.

I don't think that's physically possible

#12 Poppaukko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 236 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:38 AM

I once made almost 2 million spacebucks in a single quickplay match. It was... some time ago.

Posted Image

#13 Lurch180

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:41 AM

My experience trek to tier 1

PS.. congrats on the posts goal!

PSS... also a huge thank you for the generous little contest... It's nice to see positivity in the community...Woot Woot!!!

Edited by Lurch180, 23 May 2016 - 12:52 AM.

#14 Team Chevy86

• The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:46 AM

View PostPoppaukko, on 23 May 2016 - 12:38 AM, said:

I once made almost 2 million spacebucks in a single quickplay match. It was... some time ago.

Posted Image

WHAT!!! A win got you 1mil?!?! I mean, that's still an impressive game with the damage, kills and assists, but a game like that now would hardly net you 200K without PT or %30 bonus. I feel for the losers with R&R still around haha

#15 Parmeggido

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:53 AM

Anyone remember the original of this image? I'm sure someone still has it around. It was used so many times by the poptart legions to put down the lowly lrm users I decided to modify it to show how ridiculous it was. It just showed up far too often, and was too easy to modify to fit those that were spewing it. Now it's just an old artifact from MWO's past complaints.

Posted Image

Edit: This is really a rather dour post, so to lighten it up a bit, one of my favorite stories of having been team killed. Playing on assault on alpine peaks, we had the unfortunate happenstance of the last enemy light running off to hide somewhere. I was so beat up, I decided to go cap the base, even though I was in a jenner and probably could have been very useful finding that last enemy. So I head to the base, and another light on my team decides to follow me, because let's face it, Alpine is a pretty big map with plenty of holes to hide in. Arriving at the base, I decide to be clever and jump up on the middle section, standing gloriously atop the enemy base, proving my dominance over them. My friend decides this is so magnificent, he too must take his place atop the enemy. Unfortunately, he clipped me as he jumped up. A few moments of mad reality warping rubberbanding later, both my legs explode, and he is charged with killing me. He was mortified, apologizing profusely over chat, and I could barely type back that it was ok. Hardest I've laughed at something in game.

Edited by Parmeggido, 24 May 2016 - 05:48 PM.

#16 Amer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:55 AM

That main thing about MWO is that I keep coming back. It's literally one of the few games I still play. When you kill 8 people on the other team you feel like a hero and that you've actually achieved this through the skill.
Marvelous feeling.

#17 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:56 AM

i like mechwarrior because big stompy robots stomp stomp pew pew. il fill in the rest later i just dropped.

ok apparently i got promoted to t2 so that match ended with me getting one hit by a t1. anyway back to your regularly scheduled post...

mechwarrior has robots that is all i need to know. sorry my creativity died somewhere in the mid 00s.

Edited by LordNothing, 23 May 2016 - 01:08 AM.

#18 Team Chevy86

• The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:58 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 23 May 2016 - 12:56 AM, said:

You sir, are incredibly boring.

Ok, I take it back!

Edited by Team Chevy86, 23 May 2016 - 01:14 AM.

#19 zeves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 282 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:58 AM

Im using an Awesome in the bearpocalypse, it gives me that extra half a second when they go wtf is that an awesome, to shoot them in the mouth.
Sadly i rarely if ever capture screenshots ingame, even though i should.

Edited by zeves, 23 May 2016 - 01:00 AM.

#20 Groutknoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:00 AM

Someday my urbie will be able to to this ... Because the urbie death blossom is awesome!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users