Trebuchet Ohk?

7 replies to this topic

#1 NTrippy

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 68 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach

Posted 23 May 2016 - 10:05 AM

I'm fairly new to the game but I was under the impression that one could not be destroyed by a single salvo. I was playing in a trebuchet and a 'Mech in the distance fired one salvo consisting of two large lasers, which burned through my center armor and hull before I even know what was happening. I've hit lights with more than that and they didn't go down, so what gives?

Edited by Apsyc, 23 May 2016 - 10:06 AM.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 10:16 AM

It only takes 35 damage or less to kill any mech (cockpit).
You said center armor? Keep in mind the damage report won't say how many of each weapon type hit you but I guarantee it was more than two large lasers.

Let me look at the trial teen build before I comment further.

#3 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 10:16 AM

The stock builds do not have max armor on them if it was the trial you were playing with. Still it should have taken more than that to 1 shot you. Depending on what load out they were using if multiple lasers of the same type are in hard points right next to each other, sometimes it looks like a single beam on the screen, so might have been more than 2 LLs that did it.

Whoever told you that you could not 1 shotted in MWO was wrong. You can, it is just rare unless you get a head shot.

Edit: Like Barkem mentioned, ammo explosion could be the cause too.

Edited by LadyDanams, 23 May 2016 - 10:18 AM.

#4 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 23 May 2016 - 10:17 AM

Ammo explosion? Possible depending on how many points of armor you have.

On not getting killed by one salvo, see what happens to locusts and jenners running away from 40 LRMs. Some times they do die to one volley. Then again 6 SRM 6's to the back of an atlas works good enough.

I would send a end of match screen to support and report the issue if you have less than 18 points of armor on the thing.

#5 NTrippy

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 68 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach

Posted 23 May 2016 - 10:22 AM

Thanks for the clarifications guys. It was really shocking to suddenly explode like that.

#6 Jables McBarty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 23 May 2016 - 10:23 AM

Looks like in this case we'll need the loadout. If it was the Trial Trebuchet (http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b#i=215&l=stock) it would have to have been something else, as there's no way 2LL could have gotten through the CT, and no ammo in that CT.

Always peek at the paper-doll armor loadout at the end of the match. If there is still an Armor tracer on the front CT, but you died from CT death, that means you must have gotten hit in the back, or an ammo explosion from the STs blew your CT.

Also note that the trial TBT has an XL engine, which means you die if you lose any torso section--left, right, or center. BUT it does also have ammo in the head, so a luck crit to the head would mean insta-kill.

#7 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 23 May 2016 - 10:30 AM

56 armor and 32 structure on the CT of that mech. Biggest laser vomit alphas are around 70. But that said, it's difficult for even experienced players to perceive exactly what's hitting them. I'd wager it was more than the 2 large lasers you suspect.

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 10:30 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...75555692c1d179b
The trial trebuchet build.

Front... twin Large Laser couldn't do jack even if you stood there for it. But even machine guns could make very short work of you from behind. A common tactic of enemy lights is to slip behind unsuspecting players, typically with lots of small lasers or twin ERLL... and twin LL to your backside would kill you almost instantly. Still CT. Still wouldn't know it. One sec you're alive and the next... dead.

Watch your backside.
https://youtu.be/Qlju-nX1WSc quicky of a guy who died instantly in a heavy and never knew what happened.

Side note: Brawler in action as recorded by Lordred. I'm the pilot. Notice the abuse it takes, all armor forward but 2 points per torso. Notice i never let anything circle me and I'm quickly in to fight and out when things go bad.
https://youtu.be/D3dAV4l6drE
A not so good match; I was too aggressive.
https://youtu.be/W9owXwZmrl0
Both of the above are Treb matches.

I use a throttle stick and mouse.

Edited by Koniving, 23 May 2016 - 10:37 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users