3 replies to this topic

#1 mechnut450

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 112 posts
  • Locationusa baby

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:22 PM

ok so with recent upgrades and all I was wondering on what I should be expecting for fps now? my specs

AMD fx8350e( 3.5 ghz over clocked only to 4.0)
gigabyte 970 dep
16 gig ram ( ddr3)
polorcolor 380x with 4 gig gddr5
2 different ssd
1 tb mechanical drive for data storage like movies and some documents

aphlacool ut240 rad with a d5 pump

I tried a single game before some storms rolled though and I was seeing great detail with everything turned up to max with AA off I believe in the 48-61 range. is this to be expected avg or can I see higher once i get time to tweak stuff and it gets ran a little more and such.

#2 brophy79

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:45 PM

the fps in mwo does jump about. I would have expected higher than 61 ( if you are saying 61 was the max you seen and vsync is off) as you say try messing around with the graphical settings ( turning some down does give a game advantage). But 48 fps shouldn't make much of a difference in game, as alot of how fast you can turn is down to the mech.

#3 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:37 AM

I'd druther you told us what you are getting, as settings change.

I will say "A FX-8370e felt slow at 4.2GHz or less," but my testing was way more GPU-bottlenecked …

#4 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:00 PM

You stay in the expected range of FPS for your Setup.
I guess you can massively increase Max-FPS while Min-FPS will stay around 50 or so...

Last time i disabled the FPS-Limiter which is set to 60 FPS i could get 170 FPS (FX8350 + R9 280x / Dx11 1920x1200 + depending on map and other variables).
Particles, Environment, Effects should be low, Shadows low to high, Object Detail High and everything else Very High.
Post Processing i have on low as i dont like its effects.

So its possible to get way more FPS out of the game though the gains for heavy action situations will be minimal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users