#41 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:57 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 24 May 2016 - 05:59 PM, said:

It is amazing how some obvious and easy-to-fix issues still plague MWO, for years. At this point I'm just gonna say PGI has no idea how to work with Cry engine and I should not expect anything small or groundbreaking, from them.

Sadly this may be True, but other Games they have done have met with Some Success and Failer
not including Duke Nukem Forever, as that game was Plagued with O so many Development Issues,
they also did EA-Playground(Nintendo-DS) and Medal of Honor: Heroes 2(PSP),
as well as other Games, so it may be that CryEngine isnt easy to work with,

View PostFemale Body Inspector, on 24 May 2016 - 06:10 PM, said:

PGI has no idea what they are doing and their consistent failures is all the proof anyone making these claims needs.

as they have had some Success in other Games shows, its deeper than that,
no other Game has what MWO has, is it complete? NO, but they are working to make it better,
i think the Problem is so much needs to be done and not enough people to do it,

but they are getting things worked on though Slowly,
HitReg Fixes, Chat fixes, Rescaling coming up, AI on the Horizon,

its Clear that Developers have Passion for MWO,
just look at Alex's Artwork, or watch Laurens Texture Streams,
i think the Problem is too much is needed to be done and not enough time,

to us a Simple XML stat weapon change may seem Easy,
but in actuality it may be have to do without breaking something else, due to Parent Code,
remember when removing Ghost heat from AC2s destroyed Clan Arm Actuators for a Patch,

#42 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:57 PM

View PostMrMilkshake, on 24 May 2016 - 11:16 AM, said:

You'll continue to pump out beautifully designed and crafted mechs into buggy broken architecture, and we will continue to buy them behind gritted teeth.

As a Dentist I have to recommend that you stop. Stop gritting your teeth, it's bad for you.

As a Founder, I also have to recommend you stop. Stop putting money into the game.

Sure, people will cry out..."OH NOES....we have to spend money , it's all we've got", they are the ones enabling such half-arsed progress. Choke the cash flow a bit everyone, let's see if that gets their attention.

(Ain't gonna happen, I know, but I can dream)

#43 WarZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 538 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:00 PM

Took a break. Was excited about the KDK, and preordered it. Starting playing 2 weeks before KDK came out. Starting getting annoyed by the same old bugs, same old MM, and honestly relative lack of any progress in the game. I firmly decided I was not rewarding PGI for their poorly managed, half arsed implemented, and glacially slow progression, in this game. Refunded KDK pre-order. At this point, I have been speaking with my wallet for a long time. Even though I was tempted by the arms race / harpoint inflation / platform inflation the mech represented. Gah, for some reason the term for that is eluding me right this moment, lol.

Edited by WarZ, 24 May 2016 - 07:01 PM.

#44 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:02 PM

View PostTLBFestus, on 24 May 2016 - 06:57 PM, said:

Sure, people will cry out..."OH NOES....we have to spend money , it's all we've got", they are the ones enabling such half-arsed progress. Choke the cash flow a bit everyone, let's see if that gets their attention.

what happens if people do and it back fires?
what if they have plans to make something else Big such as Solarus or full AI?
Choking the Cashflow will only Hurt those Companies that are just making the game to cash in,
PGI isnt using MWO like EA uses Madden, they seem to care about their Product and where it can go,

some can say, (Well i hope it fails! that way some one else can pick it up and make it better!),
but really if it fails thats not likely to happen anytime soon, How long did we go with out a MW game before MWO?

#45 WarZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 538 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:10 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 24 May 2016 - 07:02 PM, said:

some can say, (Well i hope it fails! that way some one else can pick it up and make it better!),
but really if it fails thats not likely to happen anytime soon, How long did we go with out a MW game before MWO?

I really don't think you are going to get anything signficant anytime soon anyways (years possibly, if the game can survive past this next year). A lot of those pie in the sky features you are asking for or the devs dangle in front of us, simply have not happened, and are not happening. The game we have now, is probably it, but with lots more mechs, a couple more maps, and some new overhaul to an existing system, that in the end, will not bring anything new to the table. Single player and / or co-op missions ... I'm 95% certain that it's never going to happen. Something more meaningful than skirmish (all modes are skirmish as they are played now), NOPE.

I want to love this game. I enjoy piloting mechs. I do not enjoy the frustration and unfulfilled attempts and promises the devs deliver.

#46 Tiyos

• PipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:11 PM

As someone who has had some experience with 3D engines, 3D modeling, and game making, I can say that it is no longer justified for PGI to take this long to fix the hit registration issues. It should take no longer than a month to fix hit registration issues, and just because people are generous, give them another month for glitches. But I must agree with Andi Nagasia, that choking the cashflow may not be the best idea. PGI needs money to fix the game.

#47 Female Body Inspector

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:36 PM

Also to point out what tiyos just put, why the hell are the bounding boxes on buildings and terrain so messed up? Have you ever wondered why PGI hasn't fixed the invisible edges on buildings yet?

*edit* tiyos didn't like that I spelt his name wrong :P

Edited by Female Body Inspector, 24 May 2016 - 07:36 PM.

#48 Tiyos

• PipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:39 PM

I understand the simplification of bounding boxes(taking the bounding box of a 32 side object and simplifying it to 16 sides for efficiency), but there is no gain in massively exploding them so when I fire around a building with a clear line of sight, it hits an invisible wall known as a building bounding box. There's also the fact there have been holes in a mech's bounding box many times, allowing shots to go through it.

Seriously PGI, it's getting old really fast.

#49 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:04 PM

View PostFunkin Disher, on 24 May 2016 - 06:39 PM, said:

Besides, everybody's opinion is equally valid here.

Unless of course it inconveniently is contrary to the OPs or the OPs supporters... Posted Image

Here's the thing... Nothing the OP shared has not been regurgitated ad nauseam by many a detractor. It's just another denigration piece by a remorseful player who somehow believes his fluff piece is any more insightful than the 300 before it.

#50 MrMilkshake

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:13 PM

View PostDaZur, on 24 May 2016 - 08:04 PM, said:

Unless of course it inconveniently is contrary to the OPs or the OPs supporters... Posted Image

Here's the thing... Nothing the OP shared has not been regurgitated ad nauseam by many a detractor. It's just another denigration piece by a remorseful player who somehow believes his fluff piece is any more insightful than the 300 before it.

Please show me where i said that my "Fluff peice" was any more insightful than anyone elses.
This was a rant, nothing special. It had no reason and was pointless, i clearly stated this.
I have not disagreed with anyone, you are welcome to show me where i have.

#51 Tiyos

• PipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:23 PM

View PostMrMilkshake, on 24 May 2016 - 08:13 PM, said:

Please show me where i said that my "Fluff peice" was any more insightful than anyone elses.
This was a rant, nothing special. It had no reason and was pointless, i clearly stated this.

I am still amazed that the rant got this popular. It is simply a rant beyond anything else, and it's been up for a total of nine hours with this many responses. But nevertheless, here we are, discussing again and again what PGI should be fixing. But for what? PGI won't listen to us unless it comes from MS or 228(HUGE units), or it is absolute praise of their "godly" skills at making a game.

I am still playing this game because I was raised on Battletech and I will not walk away from it simply because it is going through a time of hardship. But that does not excuse PGI for ignoring the masses of their players to such a level that players have walked away, or given up talking. The first step to fixing this game is communication. Without that, there is not a chance of ever making this game another of the amazing Mechwarrior games that made my childhood.

This forum is simply an exercise in futility.

#52 N0MAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:29 PM

OP i agree with your post but brother i got to say i blame you and alot of people in this thread for the current situation (but mainly PGI), you are the people who kept financing them after every fiasco.
Ok i totally understand that you and to be honest I love the MW IP, but honestly how did/do you keep financing something that is this type of fiasco?.
For me personally there were many many red flags that warned me to get over my confidence that this game (developer) were ever going to be the MW game i was looking for.
I am only going to list a couple of those red flag moments that really woke me up to who what PGI are.
For months//years PGI kept telling me CW 90 days, 30days, whatever..then we have them tell us ohh we havnt been developing CW we were unsure if we would have a licence....... i lost confidence and trust there and there (to put it nicely) i personally hate liars knowing that once you pass that thresh hold you will do it again and again for your own purpose.
Transverse, for so long even to this day PGI and the BnBs have defaulted to the excuse that they are a small company (as if thats any sort of real excuse anyways) so cut them slack, but they hired people and spent MWO resource on that fiasco while not hiring people using resource to improve this game. That instantly told me that MW was a cow to be milked.
Instead of hiring people to finish this they didnt or couldnt, meanwhile their most valuable people kept abandoning.
Sure companies need to expand but as a professional i am of the opinion one doesnt leave a project half done with little to no resource to finish it before moving on to next one, leaves that company with a bad rep (its employees also) it leaves that company with no future or credibility from your customers//peers. Well looking at the amount of companies these guys have owned burnt it occured to me they just didnt give an F about their companies or rep as they could and would create another and so forth.
You can look at my account and find purchased mech paks, i didnt buy them they were gifted to me to my annoyance, i even wrote to PGI requesting them to take them back,, they never responded.
I could go on for many a page, but i wont..
So i blame you people who continually financed this when in your own minds you knew what was going on and kept turning a blind eye.
Do you really think at this stage anything is really going to change, that you wake up tomorrow and and PGI has turned over a new leaf hired people got rid of the anchors and MW will be great and a AAA game?.
Keep buying their wares cause all will be good in 90 days..

#53 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:30 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 24 May 2016 - 07:02 PM, said:

what happens if people do and it back fires?
what if they have plans to make something else Big such as Solarus or full AI?
Choking the Cashflow will only Hurt those Companies that are just making the game to cash in,
PGI isnt using MWO like EA uses Madden, they seem to care about their Product and where it can go,

Hey, MWO is a fun game. Probably my favorite FPS. But it was funded by people who thought their money was going to make the game a deep and rich Battletech game. And it didn't. It really doesn't make sense for people who are not happy with the game to pour more money into it because maybe someday PGI will add something they might like. And PGI is so quiet about future development, that it doesn't even really pay to speculate.

MWO is a very 'safe' game for PGI. It has a bunch of hardcore fans who are willing to shell out money for redundant content just to have a Battletech game. But as a passion project? No- Transverse was going to be their passion project. The one with the really ambitious design goal.

I think PGI proved that there is money in BT games- HBS seems to agree. If they lost the license other companies would be interested in the IP. Of course a new MW could end up being worse than what we have now! ;)

#54 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:30 PM

View PostMrMilkshake, on 24 May 2016 - 08:13 PM, said:

By sharing your rant you are opening yourself and your opinion to scrutiny, whether you like it or not. Prefacing it as a rant and pointless does not in any way remove it from assessment or counter-point.

As I noted above, your summary of PGIs inequities and incompetence are but one of likely 300 (not a factual number but an estimation for effect) condemnation and denigrations of PGI. Knowing this, adding yours to that ignominious list and adding nothing new or profound resigns it to essentially a self-gratifying fluff piece. If it made you feel any better about PGI, MWO or your contributions to the player base... mission successful I guess.

Edited by DaZur, 24 May 2016 - 08:31 PM.

#55 adamts01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:31 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 24 May 2016 - 06:57 PM, said:

i think the Problem is too much is needed to be done and not enough time,
I keep seeing this excuse being brought up, but it's really a sad excuse. They work on the wrong things. How many times have they completely redone the mech lab? Why on Earth are they rescaling the blackjack? After the quirks were toned down that's one of the most balanced mechs in the game. They made a point to tell us how extremely taxing mech rescales are. Why did they spend all that time with huge changes on the PTS server just to completely scrap everything? It comes down to not understanding their playerbase or their own game, and is the direct result in a complete communication failure. They're a joke.

#56 N0MAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:34 PM

Ohhh and pls someone come tell us its all IGPs fault, the other default excuse...

#57 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:41 PM

View Postadamts01, on 24 May 2016 - 08:31 PM, said:

I keep seeing this excuse being brought up, but it's really a sad excuse. They work on the wrong things. How many times have they completely redone the mech lab? Why on Earth are they rescaling the blackjack? After the quirks were toned down that's one of the most balanced mechs in the game. They made a point to tell us how extremely taxing mech rescales are. Why did they spend all that time with huge changes on the PTS server just to completely scrap everything? It comes down to not understanding their playerbase or their own game, and is the direct result in a complete communication failure. They're a joke.

So tied of hearing the 'we're a small company' line, especially after seeing some small companies put out amazing games.

The main problem with their glacial development (other than, as you pointed out, their focus on questionable things) is the fact they have completely failed to monetize any part of this game but mech sales. And the more mechs they release the less valuable and interesting they become.

#58 MrMilkshake

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:45 PM

View PostDaZur, on 24 May 2016 - 08:30 PM, said:

By sharing your rant you are opening yourself and your opinion to scrutiny, whether you like it or not. Prefacing it as a rant and pointless does not in any way remove it from assessment or counter-point.

As I noted above, your summary of PGIs inequities and incompetence are but one of likely 300 (not a factual number but an estimation for effect) condemnation and denigrations of PGI. Knowing this, adding yours to that ignominious list and adding nothing new or profound resigns it to essentially a self-gratifying fluff piece. If it made you feel any better about PGI, MWO or your contributions to the player base... mission successful I guess.

You and anyone else are free to scrutinize my words as much as you like. I have posted this publicly and fully understand this.I have not disagreed with anyone at any point and i am not disagreeing with you.

Of course you also have the right to disagree and to make counter points, at no point did i say that you did not.
This did not make me feel better, this was nothing to do with self gratification as you put it. It was a rant, nothing more.

You still have not shown me where i have disagreed with anyone or shown me where i clamed my "fluff peice" was anything special.

#59 Tiyos

• PipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:45 PM

90 days. 60 days. 30 days. 15 days. Final day, nothing happens. 4 hours later, no response from PGI. 30 days later, no response from PGI. 60 days later, a small note saying "sorry".

I must admit, PGI has one talent that I hoped they would never have because it would ruin the survival of this game. It's pissing people out of their f**king minds. If my 9th grade knowledge can think of easy fixes to problems, and ones that people agree with, and a "small" company with battletech fans willing to donate a kidney just to fund them can't, we have problems.

But, let's just go super hypothetical, super hopeful, acting as if there is a small spec of light in these dark, dark forums, and pretend that PGI or IGP or whoever the f**k they claim to be on any given day based on whatever goes on in their heads wants to actually fix this. They should actually come on these forums and speak to the people that have problems and are asking for a fix. Don't just talk to the people who are praising the game. Don't announce another mech package, and don't start praising a 3D printed mech(granted, those are awesome, I'm currently working on a kodiak with joints), and talk to the people who want to fix the game.

#60 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:46 PM

View PostWarZ, on 24 May 2016 - 07:10 PM, said:

I really don't think you are going to get anything signficant anytime soon anyways (years possibly, if the game can survive past this next year). A lot of those pie in the sky features you are asking for or the devs dangle in front of us, simply have not happened, and are not happening. The game we have now, is probably it, but with lots more mechs, a couple more maps, and some new overhaul to an existing system, that in the end, will not bring anything new to the table. Single player and / or co-op missions ... I'm 95% certain that it's never going to happen. Something more meaningful than skirmish (all modes are skirmish as they are played now), NOPE.

I want to love this game. I enjoy piloting mechs. I do not enjoy the frustration and unfulfilled attempts and promises the devs deliver.

true true, but rescaling and the Command wheel are a big steps in the Right Direction,

after rescale and with more work into AI im hoping to see combined arms,
to what ive heard the Main Problem with the AI is Pathfinding, AI vehicles navigating the Maps,

i have hope, to the new Assault mode, lets see if PGI can create a non Skirmish Game mode,
it seems Conquest isnt a Skermish game mode so hopefully if assault works out Right,
we can see Domination reworked(a Death ball game mode LOLs) ;)

View PostDavers, on 24 May 2016 - 08:30 PM, said:

Hey, MWO is a fun game. Probably my favorite FPS. But it was funded by people who thought their money was going to make the game a deep and rich Battletech game. And it didn't. It really doesn't make sense for people who are not happy with the game to pour more money into it because maybe someday PGI will add something they might like. And PGI is so quiet about future development, that it doesn't even really pay to speculate.

MWO is a very 'safe' game for PGI. It has a bunch of hardcore fans who are willing to shell out money for redundant content just to have a Battletech game. But as a passion project? No- Transverse was going to be their passion project. The one with the really ambitious design goal.

I think PGI proved that there is money in BT games- HBS seems to agree. If they lost the license other companies would be interested in the IP. Of course a new MW could end up being worse than what we have now! Posted Image

i can Agree, but even if it didnt meet its original Vision its still a good game,
it may not have become all what was promised, but its at least part of what was,
and they are working to make it better, even if they are slow,

View Postadamts01, on 24 May 2016 - 08:31 PM, said:

its brought up because its a Valid Excuse, Time and Development Resources are a thing,
what they put their time and effort into is what they believe its what the players want,
not all of us may agree its what we want but thats our opinion,

Yes i think the PTS should always in in use for something,
GOD if you have a PTS use the dam PTS, cant be said enough,

i for one would love more time going into combines arms, buts PGI will do what PGI will do,
they will do what they believe the players want and what will make them money,
we may not agree, but then again we dont have all the Facts they may have,

View PostN0MAD, on 24 May 2016 - 08:34 PM, said:

Ohhh and pls someone come tell us its all IGPs fault, the other default excuse...

um ok,... its all IGPs fault,... better? (sarcasum off)

we dont know what goes on in PGI, we can Guess but we dont know,
No company does something they feel will cause them to lose Money,
so i have to assume PGI wants to make MWO Better than it currently is,
(MWO + Better = Better MWO)(Better MWO = More Players)(More Players =More Money)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users