Looking For Light Mech Pilots

6 replies to this topic

#1 ChefGodzilla

• PipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:09 PM

Simple really, i like the light mechs and run them often but i need help doing so.

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:11 PM

What timezone are you in and what are your play times?

#3 Flak Kannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 581 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 03:12 PM

Hi Chief,

No real easy answer. To play a light well, you need a fast brain. Simply put. You need to process ALL the incoming information and use that info to decide how you could best apply your mechs assests.

I have more than 10,000 drops, maybe alot more. It comes down to learned expereince with lights. Where to be, where not to be and how to aim while moving at full speed allthewhile torso twisting and spotting by hitting R.

Light pilots that a holy hells have the understanding of the flow of play.

I can'y offer that to you, it's earned.

You wanna play lights? Play them well? Die hundreds and hundreds and thousands of times and become experienced.

Basic tips:

Never slow down.
Never leave your team until know that your good enough to deal with a situation of being chased by 2 or more lights and your alone.
Never run in a straight line.
Never run directly into a group of enemy mechs.
Have an idea of where your going next.
Never overheat.
Die alot.Learn.

A good pilot makes the worst mech play well. A bad pilot makes the best mech useless.

Good luck.

Enjoi

Edited by Flak Kannon, 26 May 2016 - 03:13 PM.

#4 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 26 May 2016 - 05:10 PM

I have some video tips for Jenners and Commandos in this youtube playlist:

Hope it helps.

#5 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 05:44 PM

If you play at European hours and speak French, feel free to contact me.
(if you dont... sorry my spoken English is horribeul, a fluent speaker will be much better than me)

#6 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 May 2016 - 06:34 PM

which light are you running? Different lights have different techniques to run them well. Some little bits of advice; if you come up against two or more enemy lights, go for the legs. Leg an enemy and leave him. This will either reduce the number of lights on you by one, or get them off your tail completely. Also, NEVER run in a straight line and ALWAYS press R on your current enemy. DO NOT ENGAGE unless you have the advantage. This means attack from the rear and attack when the enemy is either already engaged with your fatties or when you find a single enemy alone. Whenever possible look at the loadout of the enemy mech. If they have a long range build, get in close, and if they're a short range brawler either engage them from beyond their optimum range or attack something else. NEVER play into the enemy strengths.

Good luck and I hope some of this helps. BTW, I'm a veteran of about 30K drops, most of them in lights.

#7 ZeProme

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 562 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:03 PM

How to be a light. Think of yourself as an annoying wasp. No matter how much the enemy tries to kill you, be annoying, stingy and unpredictable as much as possible.

Oh, your allies are engaged in combat? Why not try to distract your enemies. Two fronts on the enemies can spell a lot of disaster. Even if you have wimpy weaponry(not really, some lights, if built well are very potentially deadly), sometimes diverting the enemies attention onto you can give your allies a huge advantage. In the moment of chaos, your enemies would be focused on you while your allies would group up, position better to wreak even more havoc on your enemies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users