Mwowc 2016 Update 05/26/2016

20 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:20 PM

TOURNAMENT CLIENT

The MechWarrior Online World Championship 2016 Tournament Client is now available for download by Tournament participants!

Please note that this Client is intended purely for use by confirmed Tournament participants; log-in permissions are restricted solely to confirmed Tournament participants, and the Tournament Client download link will not be made publicly available.

The core of this Tournament Client is derived from the May 17th patch, and includes yesterdays hot-fix content.

Each Tournament participant will log-in to this Tournament Client using the same e-mail and password used for accessing the standard MWO client. Though it has not yet been released for in-game purchase, the Kodiak is available through the in-game Store in this Tournament Client.
All Tournament Client accounts have been provided with large amounts of in-game currency and experience with which to acquire and customize 'Mechs as they see fit for use during the Tournament. Existing 'Mechs, Loadouts, Inventory items, and other account-specific components are not carried over into the Tournament Client.

OFF-SCHEDULE MATCHES

A dedicated sub-forum has been created to help Teams facilitate the coordination and scheduling of MWOWC2016 Matches outside of the Official Regional Qualifier Match Schedule.
If Teams wish to run their assigned matches outside of the official schedule they are free to do so, but both Teams must coordinate and agree to any such off-schedule matches.
Please read through the recent MWOWC2016 Update post for full details regarding Off-Schedule Matches.

DOES YOUR TEAM STILL NEED A TAG?

Don't forget to assign your Team Tag! Unless you are already in communication with Support Services regarding any Tag issues or questions, or you've already assigned a Tag, please follow the steps below to assign your Team Tag!

There are some important things to consider when assigning your Team Tag:
  • Only the Team Captain can assign the Team Tag.
  • Much like the Team Name, a Team Tag that matches an existing Unit Tag in MechWarrior Online can only be used if you are an active member of that Unit.
  • The Team Tag can only be comprised of alphanumeric characters (A-Z 0-9)
  • The Team Tag must be between 1 to 4 characters in length.
  • You must assign your Team Tag by June 1st at 10:00 AM PDT / 5:00 PM UTC!

#2 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 26 May 2016 - 05:09 PM

If anyone wants to avoid the 12 GB download or save time, I suggest following these instructions:

View PostCrispy Chicken, on 27 May 2016 - 05:39 PM, said:

ok, I did skip the 12 GB download like this:

*) as sson as you see a progress bar after clicking 'patch' (10 to 20 MB is enough) you cancel the download by closing the portal
*) then locate your standard MWO game folder (Can be over steam or vover default launcher does not matter, both work as long as they are up to date), copy all files into the destiantion folder of your tournament client. takes about 5 to 15 minutes to copy depending on your drive speed
*) then open the portal again (to be on the safe side as admin) and run the repair tool (you have a blue 'MWO tournament' icon in the top left corner of the portal, right click that to get the menu which lets you select that)
*) click scan. this will take a few minutes and when finished will have found 9 mismatched local files and a numnber of unneeded local file.
*) click repair, it wil delete the unneeded files and download the 9 mismatched files whih will take about 15 minutes at 4 MBit/s
*) after that is done close the reapir tool AND close the protal (becauye ti will stil display a patch buton at this point)
*) restart the portal .. and you can launch the game

note that it wil have default settings (your account settings will not carry over, my take is because it will basically create a new account on foirst login.t her ewil eb a few account injections and you wil be set up with a generous amount of MC, C-bilsl and GXP, all mechs will be mastered, but you will only have trial mechs in the mechbay.

My advice is be carefull with the goodies, do not waste htem, they might seem a lot, but remember that a big XL engine can cost up to 10 million .. 2 billion are spent fast that way if wasted ..

hope this helps a few to save a needless 12 GB download ... enjoy

PS: will try to figure out how to get my parsonal keybindings transfered to the tournament client and will update if I figure that out.. in the meantime.. anybody got an idea how to do that?

View PostDeathlike, on 27 May 2016 - 06:02 PM, said:

Load up the MWO Portal.

Right click on the MWO Tournament "box" and you'll see a list of options... click on "Open Save Game Directory".

It'll open up where the Tournament data is stored. Go up a directory (Saved Games) and you should see the MechWarrior Online folder.

You want to copy the structure of the Profiles folder from the regular MechWarrior Online folder (from this location) to the MWO Tournament folder.

That's it.

If you still have the PTS installed (for whatever reason), you can technically do the same for that right there as it is named MWO PublicTest (although, that's just for future reference, as it is useless at the moment).

PS: My team, Wild Twos, in Asia and Oceanic, took the [228] tag, assuming all 228s would be able to use the same one. We would like to change it, allowing 228th BW to have [228]. There should be a ticket from our captain Saber6 somewhere in the queue, could that please be sorted before the team tag deadline?

Edited by John1352, 29 May 2016 - 01:00 AM.

#3 Kalidor74

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 May 2016 - 11:03 PM

Hi,

the MWO Portal is not working for me. It crahses with an unhandled .NET Framework exception.
I'm using Win10 pro and I try to start it as Administrator too.

#4 Aeryo

• Pip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 11:25 PM

Same for me when I try to execute the MWO Portal it crahes and says "MWO Portal does not work properly". Closes afterwards

#5 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 26 May 2016 - 11:31 PM

You may want to update your .NET installation to at least 4.5 (I'm using 4.5.1 currently). .NET 4.6.1 is out at the moment and is an upgrade for Win10 users.

#6 Kalidor74

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 May 2016 - 11:53 PM

I have already installed .net 4.6.1 because I need it for development. Posted Image

#7 Kalidor74

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:41 AM

After the update I can see the background image but the program crashes again with the following message (german):
"Manche oder alle Identitätsverweise konnten nicht übersetzt werden"

#8 Raubwurst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:52 AM

"Some or all identity references could not be translated" in english.

#9 Garuda4711

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:01 AM

The Portal crashed with the following statement:

Ungültiger URI: Der URI ist leer.

(Invalid URI: The URI is empty)

#10 Censio

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 909 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:06 AM

Windows 10 64bit

Same Problem... .. .

When i start the RepairTool in the MWO Portal Path.. .. . it want repair my normal installation from MWO.

Luchner seems show correctly but crashed!

#11 George Pryde

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:26 AM

View PostGaruda4711, on 27 May 2016 - 02:01 AM, said:

Same here, Win 7

#12 Swagpanda89

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 278 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Location77th Black Wolves

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:29 AM

Can't read the text (disappears to quick), but I guess it is the same problem on my portal (W10, too.).

#13 TsuDer

Rookie

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 2 posts
  • LocationEU, Germany

Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:59 AM

View PostKalidor74, on 27 May 2016 - 01:41 AM, said:

After the update I can see the background image but the program crashes again with the following message (german):
"Manche oder alle Identitätsverweise konnten nicht übersetzt werden"

Getting this, too, on Win10 64b.

And, the installed executables are not signed, which will prevent their elevation to run as administrator for me. I fancy the launcher to need this to install anything in the next step.

Edited by TsuDer, 27 May 2016 - 06:03 AM.

#14 Vizeroy

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:25 AM

Client crashes when attempting to start.
Only error message i get is "A problem caused the program to stop functioning. Close the program."

Win10 Home, 64bit

#15 Nometh

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:27 AM

View PostGeorge Pryde, on 27 May 2016 - 02:26 AM, said:

Same here, Win 7

Same here, also Win 7.

#16 stocky0904

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:52 AM

Same problem as kalidor!

Win10, 64bit

Edited by stocky0904, 27 May 2016 - 09:50 AM.

#17 Meihru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 378 posts
  • LocationGrafschaft Bentheim/Germany

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:58 AM

View PostGaruda4711, on 27 May 2016 - 02:01 AM, said:

same

#18 SOVEREIGN 07

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:05 AM

I am having difficulties with the mwo portal,once i downloaded and successfully installed the portal,it then asks me to give administrator access to launch an update,after the update finished it runs,but not entirely as i brought up my task manager and realised that its still in the processes and never ever launching,so i restart my computer to see if it would be fixed,i run the portal and its says once again to give administrator access to download an update.So am i not going to be able to participate in the tournament just because the portal wont load??????????????????Can i just use my own account instead of the portal?????????????

#19 SOVEREIGN 07

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:10 AM

I am one of my teams main player and i cant load this portal,PGI can you please release a more stable version of this portal?????????or at least let the players(who cant load it,like ME)play on their own regular accounts

#20 maxmarechal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 551 posts
  • Locationnext to you...Bro...

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:30 AM

We paid 50 000 000 cbills to PGI si that the portal only runs on french windows OS so that we have a chance to attend the final and you're asking them to fix it?
Okay..joke apart.I really hope you'll all get the time to download the client and get your mechs fitted

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users