Hero And Champion Sale And Event

147 replies to this topic

#41 M A S E

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 142 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:41 AM

oh hey I see mechs on this list that 'require' you buy packages before using the champion/ hero mechs and again excluding package owners with 'special mechs'. Contradicting event to investors who spend wads of cash (especially on invasion packs).

#42 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:47 AM

View PostM A S E, on 27 May 2016 - 02:41 AM, said:

oh hey I see mechs on this list that 'require' you buy packages before using the champion/ hero mechs and again excluding package owners with 'special mechs'. Contradicting event to investors who spend wads of cash (especially on invasion packs).

It makes you wonder why you spent money on MWO, huh? :(

~D. V. "Feels wasted, doesn't it?" Devnull

#43 Steve Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 May 2016 - 03:19 AM

Are invasion mechs from clan packages counting too?

#44 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 03:23 AM

Only hero and champion 'mechs count. So no (I) (L) ( R) etc...

Edited by MrKvola, 27 May 2016 - 03:23 AM.

#45 invernomuto

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 May 2016 - 03:53 AM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 26 May 2016 - 04:59 PM, said:

..that said, I still have the Night Gyr and Cyclops packs to buy. It's a mechwarriors life.

Yeah, while I am obiously happy that they made a heroes sale, It's 4 days near the end for the preorder for the Night Gyr. I do not know why they do not plan better this kind of initiatives... I'll buy MC for heroes sales and renounce to Night Gyr's preorder.

#46 Wiley Coyote

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 04:40 AM

It feels like fate. I currently have 5499MC. I'm looking at the Oxide, Bounty Hunter and Black Widow which together total 6749MC. I would need to only purchase the $6.95 MC package to cover the difference, which is exactly 1250. I think I may just have to follow the imaginary rabbit on this one.

#47 Rentier

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 172 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty, it was

Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:29 AM

Well well all the Prime(I) get .... nothin'

They are the Clans Special Mechs

But thx anyway

#48 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:37 AM

View PostRentier, on 27 May 2016 - 05:29 AM, said:

But thx anyway

Wow that's wack. It's ONLY straight up hero's eh? :\

#49 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:44 AM

Why arent the Clan Hero mechs on sale?

#50 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:49 AM

View Postinvernomuto, on 26 May 2016 - 11:14 PM, said:

They're both great mechs IMHO. I have Oxide, BH and BW. I have three Griffins and one Hunchback so I'm thinking about or the Sparky or the Grid Iron (or both Posted Image ).
Are they good hero mechs?

Edit: I also have the Cataphract and the Ilya Muromets could be a good buy...

Thanks - I grabbed the BW and enjoyed dropping in it :) (Have completed the basics). Still thinking about the BH. - Sparky looks good but I don't have any of the ones you are considering.

#51 Herkras

• PipPip
  • The Serpent
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:04 AM

Dammit I only have 1637 MC and no way to get more atm!

Is any of the Heroes worth buyin with my current MC? Or one or two Champions?

By the prices I may consider The X5 for the heroes... Not sure if its worth or if there's better optionsA little help please?

#52 Aylek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 292 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:11 AM

View PostHerkras, on 27 May 2016 - 06:04 AM, said:

Dammit I only have 1637 MC and no way to get more atm!

Is any of the Heroes worth buyin with my current MC? Or one or two Champions?

By the prices I may consider The X5 for the heroes... Not sure if its worth or if there's better optionsA little help please?

1) Oxide
2) - 4) (depending on preference / style) Huginn, X5, Ember
5) & 6) Anansi and Death Knell

Personally I do like Anansi, but it' s pretty special and disliked by a lot of players.

#53 Tiger Dad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 176 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:22 AM

I think I got the Huginn when it was a considered a machine gun srmer in one of these sales. It's now been nerfed and I don't play it much anymore. It's still fun to bring out once in awhile. But it's pretty much been mothballed.

#54 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:41 AM

View PostKoniving, on 27 May 2016 - 02:13 AM, said:

Why no Tempest?

And what is top dog not even sure I heard of it.

15,000 plus posts...and years playing the game and no clue how things work yet? Wow...just...wow.

#55 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:46 AM

View PostZolaz, on 27 May 2016 - 05:44 AM, said:

Why arent the Clan Hero mechs on sale?

Because there's only ONE clan hero mech...and it only released last week... and is only available to purchase for real money for the next couple months.

#56 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 27 May 2016 - 07:04 AM

View PostRentier, on 27 May 2016 - 05:29 AM, said:

But thx anyway

That´s more or less why I asked... basically, as a clanner you´re forced to play quickplay with IS hero mechs or pound sand if you want to earn more than usual this weekend.... Unless you own a Spirit Bear or plan to purchase one "right now"...

Realizing that I could right now field 3 full viable IS dropdecks with nothing but heros to profit from the extra bonus in FW, but not a single clan deck (even though I own more clan bonus mechs than IS and spent significantly more money on those) kind of says: "Hey, clanners: Screw you!" to me....

I understand the point may be hero balancing with respects to the upcoming rescale and requirking, but if there´s no real point in playing anything else if you own IS heros it´s basically going to be nothing more than balancing the IS heros against each other and the Spirit bear with a primary focus on quickplay.... Which is better than nothing, I guess, Posted Image

If there were at least a personal challenge for a day of premium time or so to make it somewhat less a waste to bring something else to the table.. but I digress.

Edited by Zerberus, 27 May 2016 - 07:17 AM.

#57 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 07:11 AM

Sparky is fun depending on how you build it, if you like all-energy loadouts.

Ilya is fun also still... yeah the Black widow's 4 ballistic mounts are better than Ilya's 3, on paper... but its where they're placed that matters more (RT, RA, LA). They both have XL engines so you're limited to double Ultra-5 or LBX on the widow but can run triple on Ilya. Also Ilya gets more ballistic range and velocity than the widow, while the cooldown is identical. Grid Iron is good if you want a fast shooting gauss mech within the current gauss dynamic. 3.5 seconds instead of 5.0 isn't anything to sneeze at.

Quarantine is a good mech for shooting faster...all the weapon quirks are oriented that way... 25% ballistic cooldown, 10% energy and 15% missile cooldowns with also laser duration, missile velocity and energy heat quirks. It also comes standard with an XL engine, Endo, and Double heatsinks.

Really those final details on Quarantine represent my primary consideration when it comes to considering hero/champion mechs... WHAT other expensive mech items does it come with for the MC cost ? XL Engines would be the primary minimum unless you're building a damage tank build, followed by double heatsinks and then endo steel. I don't even care about Ferro Fibrous unless I have leftover space after the endo and XL for it (such as on a spider or cicida or commando).

So top dog makes a good damage tank still, but that's it... it has no endo, double or XL, and only 1 weapon quirk, the now nerfed energy range one.

Another good comparison than Ilya vs Widow would be Protector vs BH2... both are 75 tons with XL engines... but Protector has way better weapon quirks, way better structure quirks, comes with Dbls and Artemis installed, and is more suited to a low heat build with one hell of quick gauss shot as well as a second ballistic mount that could fit in an AC2 with that gauss.

Edited by Dee Eight, 27 May 2016 - 07:25 AM.

#58 Daemon04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationYou can google Mozartkugel or you can scan an Austrian.

Posted 27 May 2016 - 07:44 AM

Yes! Now ive got some bays to fill and I already know what im gonna get. Hurray for oxide splatting.
Btw, this announcement lacks some order. All Classes are kinda mixed up and my ocd starts kicking in seeing the oxide right next to a jester or a grid iron.

#59 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 27 May 2016 - 07:53 AM

View PostJhondra, on 26 May 2016 - 06:26 PM, said:

Time to finally buy an Oxide. And pick up the DWF-W(C)...wish I had more mech bays from sales. Need to look and see if the Black Widow is worth it or the Huggin. At 50% maybe...

DERP ... spoken like a true Steiner. 4 high mounted AC5 and he asked if it is worth it. Sigh.

#60 SkavenDC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 155 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWith the Golden Foxes

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:03 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 27 May 2016 - 06:41 AM, said:

View PostKoniving, on 27 May 2016 - 02:13 AM, said:

Why no Tempest?

And what is top dog not even sure I heard of it.

15,000 plus posts...and years playing the game and no clue how things work yet? Wow...just...wow.

Sorry Koniving, but I found this response really funny.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users