#1 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:20 AM

Hello everyone!

As the title says, we all are way to tired of Oxide OPiness! That mech is so nimble, hit boxes like a champion and with its super quirks, its unstopable!
People compared it to the Jenner IIC, still, the IIC variant hanst got quirks, doesnt survive as long as the Oxide and the heat... the Oxide is so heat efficient!

All in all, Oxide is the best mech on the game! It is p2w defenatly! I see alot of people complaining about the kodiak... and that makes me so sad... before thinking on the kodiak, adress the Oxide!

#2 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:22 AM

Posted Image

#3 MauttyKoray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:22 AM

View PostSpadejack, on 29 May 2016 - 07:20 AM, said:

Hello everyone!

As the title says, we all are way to tired of Oxide OPiness! That mech is so nimble, hit boxes like a champion and with its super quirks, its unstopable!
People compared it to the Jenner IIC, still, the IIC variant hanst got quirks, doesnt survive as long as the Oxide and the heat... the Oxide is so heat efficient!

All in all, Oxide is the best mech on the game! It is p2w defenatly! I see alot of people complaining about the kodiak... and that makes me so sad... before thinking on the kodiak, adress the Oxide!

Its okay, I get angry at the mechs that kill me a lot too...oh wait, no I don't.

The Oxide is nothing more than a result of powercreep. Its not so much an intentional plan as a result of the combination of trying to make the Hero mech stand out from other variants and a list of not so well thought out hardpoints and quirks.

#4 Antares102

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:24 AM

Oxide is the new Huginn :D

#5 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:24 AM

View PostSpadejack, on 29 May 2016 - 07:20 AM, said:

Hello everyone!

Let me Guess you were one of the mechs at 4:45?

#6 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:37 AM

Act as if the problem doesnt exists, but the facts speak for themselves! Everyones running an Oxide nowadays because it is that good!

I know how good it is, you know how good it is! But why all the resistance to nerf the bugger? Because its isnt clan?

#7 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:42 AM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 29 May 2016 - 07:22 AM, said:

Its okay, I get angry at the mechs that kill me a lot too...oh wait, no I don't.

The Oxide is nothing more than a result of powercreep. Its not so much an intentional plan as a result of the combination of trying to make the Hero mech stand out from other variants and a list of not so well thought out hardpoints and quirks.

Nah it got structure quirks so it could at least kind of stand up to the jenner IIC in terms of usability to forestall the "but IS doesn't have anything like this" arguments.

View PostSpadejack, on 29 May 2016 - 07:37 AM, said:

Act as if the problem doesnt exists, but the facts speak for themselves! Everyones running an Oxide nowadays because it is that good!

I know how good it is, you know how good it is! But why all the resistance to nerf the bugger? Because its isnt clan?

Mostly because the Jenner IIC will walk all over it if the Oxide gets nerfed significantly due to half weight Clan SRMs and Clan XL engine.

Edited by Narcissistic Martyr, 29 May 2016 - 07:43 AM.

#8 Gattsus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 843 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:42 AM

In scout, srm meta for days.

#9 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:44 AM

No need to point fingers to the Oxide or the Jenner IIC. Both are OP and should be revisited.

#10 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:44 AM

Not sure if OP is trolling.

But I'm also not sure why the Oxide needs better structure quirks than any other 35-tonner. It gets twice the structure bonus in the legs compared to my RVN-4X (16 vs 8). I guess the RVN-4X needs to be kept in check before it takes over the galaxy?

Edited by Alistair Winter, 29 May 2016 - 07:44 AM.

#11 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:52 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 29 May 2016 - 07:44 AM, said:

But I'm also not sure why the Oxide needs better structure quirks than any other 35-tonner. It gets twice the structure bonus in the legs compared to my RVN-4X (16 vs 8). I guess the RVN-4X needs to be kept in check before it takes over the galaxy?

In regards to the Other Jenners I can assure you that the JJ's make a huge difference in my legs taking damage. You really do not know how much you miss your hover jets until you hop into the Oxide.

I just love how people think its OP. when 90% of my kills are assaults and heavies having absolutely no situational awareness.

Edited by Darian DelFord, 29 May 2016 - 07:54 AM.

#12 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:55 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 29 May 2016 - 07:44 AM, said:

Paul got killed by an AC20 RVN-4X once, in 2012.

#13 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:57 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 29 May 2016 - 07:52 AM, said:

In regards to the Other Jenners I can assure you that the JJ's make a huge difference in my legs taking damage. You really do not know how much you miss your hover jets until you hop into the Oxide.

I just love how people think its OP. when 90% of my kills are assaults and heavies having absolutely no situational awareness.

Then why does the Oxide has double structure quirks on the legs if it does not have JJ? And its hit boxes? And overall super quirks?

#14 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:58 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 29 May 2016 - 07:52 AM, said:

Even if we assume that is the explanation...

The Oxide has 4 times the structure bonus in the legs compared with the RVN-2X. 16 points vs 4 points. And it's not like the Raven legs are hard to hit anyway. (I know why it's like this. PGI wanted to peg the RVN-2X as a laser sniper forever. But it's dumb as hell.)

Edited by Alistair Winter, 29 May 2016 - 07:59 AM.

#15 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:59 AM

View PostSpadejack, on 29 May 2016 - 07:37 AM, said:

Everyone is running an Oxide? I see maybe one per match. That's hardly.everyone, and in a game where more than 1/3 mechs on the field are slow assaults (Hi Kodiak's!) There's more reason to bring them. Slow assaults are the Oxides prey of choice.

Try busting out a skillcrow, if you feel they're touching you in a bad place.

#16 Jaeger Gonzo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:05 AM

To be honest oxide spam is quiet obvious.

#17 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:09 AM

View PostSpadejack, on 29 May 2016 - 07:57 AM, said:

Then why does the Oxide has double structure quirks on the legs if it does not have JJ? And its hit boxes? And overall super quirks?

Ummm ALL Jenner Hit Boxes are the same. The Leg quirks were initially because of no jump jets. In regards to the amount. my OXIDE takes far more terrain damage to the legs then weapon damage. When you are running 130+ KPH and you fall anything less than 5 feet you take consistent damage. Oxides fall ALOT on just about every map.

The quirks are not super. They are good mind you but they are not super. The structure quirks allow the EASIEST CT in the game to actually be able to take 1 hit. On the 2nd hit its toast. I can count on one hand how many times my Jenners have died to legs. 99.9% of the time its ST's or CT's.

IMHO the Other Jenners need the structure quirks. But a +8 to the sides is not SUPER.

OXIDE is a great light mech one of the few that we have. But it is far from inviincible. Look at the video that I posted or any others in my channel. You will quickly see that many of the OXIDES kilsl come from assault players make stupid mistakes. Which of course they will never own up to as its easier to cry foul and OP then to admit you made a mistake which got you fragged.

Examples

The majority of kills and damage are from players who DO NOT pay attention

View PostAlistair Winter, on 29 May 2016 - 07:58 AM, said:

Even if we assume that is the explanation...

The Oxide has 4 times the structure bonus in the legs compared with the RVN-2X. 16 points vs 4 points. And it's not like the Raven legs are hard to hit anyway. (I know why it's like this. PGI wanted to peg the RVN-2X as a laser sniper forever. But it's dumb as hell.)

Yeah that I can't explain. Much easier to leg a Raven than a Jenner. But its also far easier to ST or CT a Jenner than a Raven.

I have no explanation

Want to know how to kill a Jenner doing 146 KPH....

Aim

#18 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

View PostSpadejack, on 29 May 2016 - 07:57 AM, said:

... because it doesn't have JJ's. Having JJ's on a Jenner allow you to protect your legs.

It has the same hitboxes as every Jenner (that is, just one: a gigantic CT).

The Oxide is strong, stronger than it really should be(and in the current assault-rich environment even more useful), but it's not game breaking. Just a bit OP, as many other mech's have been.

It'll get nerfed, probably in June or maybe July when they do the post rescale quirk pass.

Overquirked mechs always get theirs in the end.

#19 razenWing

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

For people basically saying "git gud" on the oxide problem, they are either:
1) oxide pilots themselves
2) blatant liars

There's a reason that all elite teams are running one. They may switch from time to time to get some ECM action going, but for the most part... you won't see reputable teams that will advance past the first round in PGI tourney NOT running an oxide. No wolfhound, no adder, no kitfox... like... if you think ALL teams running 1 specific mech with 1 specific build is not a problem? Get real.

But the solution isn't to nerf their quirks. Just resize 5-10% bigger, and/or increase SRM ghost heat. Problem solved. Oxide is still the sturdy mech that it's designed to be. SRMs can't be boated onto mechs that can't realistically support them (IIC with 6 srms 6), and bigger targets = no one complain.

Done.

Edited by razenWing, 29 May 2016 - 08:10 AM.

#20 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:17 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 29 May 2016 - 08:09 AM, said:

I have no explanation

None is really needed. They just ****** it up, like they have many times before and will many times again.

People look for reasons, but the reason is simple:

Quirks are done by a single guy doing a pass over every mech variant in the game in a very short time frame. That's hundreds of mechs. Decisions are made quickly and testing is insufficient.

That guy is a smart guy, but he's also not a super experienced player and quite frankly, mistakes are going to be made.

Overall, quirk balance progress has been decent, with outliers being fewer in number and less extreme. But it hasn't been without mishaps.

Energy Highlanders with ballistics quirks anyone? Thuds with 8 heat ERPPC's?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users