#121 MerryIguana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 627 posts
  • LocationLurksville

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:27 AM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 30 May 2016 - 07:29 PM, said:

and no other light has the survival that Oxides have (even with the giant walking CT)

You have got to be ******* kidding me. These forums...

#122 Murphy7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:48 AM

Oxides are very strong, but I would much rather see many light mechs, including Jenner IIcs and Cheetahs receive more in the way of structure quirks rather than the Oxide lose its quirks.

Very simply, the giant alphas present in the game make it very hard on light pilots overall. Oxide has nice structure quirks and the SRM meta means they can fire quickly and turn away for evasive maneuvers immediately which has everything to do with its survivability.

#123 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:12 AM

View PostKuaron, on 31 May 2016 - 04:45 AM, said:

But scouting (IS vs. IS) is quite unplayable because of them. It is more Oxides vs. Oxides atm. Sure, you can try to outsmart them by taking a faster light in your team, if you are on the attacking side, but you hardly can beat them in battle.

You do realize that "battle" doesn't necesserily mean doing circles around each other at 30m range, right? You can shoot it while running away from it to keep it at a comfy 100-150m range ...

#124 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:18 AM

View PostEvilCow, on 29 May 2016 - 07:44 AM, said:

No need to point fingers to the Oxide or the Jenner IIC. Both are OP and should be revisited.

So the quirks on the Jenner IIC need to be scaled back then? Oh wait, none of the IIC's have ANY quirks. Yeah, so they obviously must be OP.

#125 xTrident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 655 posts
  • LocationWork or Home

Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:24 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 29 May 2016 - 07:52 AM, said:

In regards to the Other Jenners I can assure you that the JJ's make a huge difference in my legs taking damage. You really do not know how much you miss your hover jets until you hop into the Oxide. I just love how people think its OP. when 90% of my kills are assaults and heavies having absolutely no situational awareness.

QFT

I don't even worry myself much with the lights when I run my Oxide for fear of wasting ammo if I don't hit them. Plus I figure I do so much damage with it I mine as well use my ammo up on the bigger targets to help the team.

That being said... I have seen a group of three/four Oxides literally run through a team. As fast as they are they can get in and tear a team apart before they have any kind of idea on how to approach the match. If they're competent at all I've seen them take down 4+ mechs pretty easily. And if not the damage they'll do to that many mechs makes it pretty easy for the rest of the team to pick up the pieces.

The Oxide is damn good, but it's not without its limitations. Specifically for me it's limited by ammo and it's rather weak, especially in the legs.

View PostWintersdark, on 29 May 2016 - 07:59 AM, said:

Everyone is running an Oxide? I see maybe one per match. That's hardly.everyone, and in a game where more than 1/3 mechs on the field are slow assaults (Hi Kodiak's!) There's more reason to bring them. Slow assaults are the Oxides prey of choice.

Try busting out a skillcrow, if you feel they're touching you in a bad place.

Lol, I love this comment as well. Played a match yesterday evening where my entire group of buddies ran lights - no Oxide. We joined a match that had a lance with three Oxides - so our team was running SEVEN lights. I also do not believe we even had an assault. So us four joined up with them and we literally ran straight toward them (Grim Plexus so there was cover all the way there) The enemy team had a few assaults, I know I saw a King Crab, Banshee and I'm positive they had one or two Kodiaks just because it seems every team I fight anymore does. Well they had no answer for the lights. The Oxides were amazing but it wasn't like my group of buddies and our four lights did nothing. We had them turned all around taking a ton of damage that by the time the rest of the team got there it was clean up time.

I'm certainly not going to feel sorry for anyone having to fight Oxides right now. Not with the Kodiak spam going on right now. Over the weekend I played with one buddy and there numerous matches in which the overall tonnage between each team was way off. One time we had two assaults. A 100 tonner and a Victor 80 tonner. The enemy team had seven assaults and they were all 100 tonners. It wasn't even close on tonnage.

And like Wintersdark said - there's like one a match. That match I described was the first time I had seen that many Oxides on one team since a couple months. It's just not normal.

Edited by xTrident, 31 May 2016 - 11:36 AM.

#126 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 12:31 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 31 May 2016 - 10:12 AM, said:

You do realize that "battle" doesn't necesserily mean doing circles around each other at 30m range, right? You can shoot it while running away from it to keep it at a comfy 100-150m range ...

If the Oxide was slower, or other Mechs than the Urbanmech could turn their torsos 180°, one would not have to train and coordinate an entire team choreography (at least I heard rumours that it can work) to fight this brainless pest while it has to just run at you and shoot...

Edited by Kuaron, 31 May 2016 - 12:35 PM.

#127 CygnusX7

• 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 31 May 2016 - 12:33 PM

View PostSpadejack, on 29 May 2016 - 07:20 AM, said:

Hello everyone!

As the title says, we all are way to tired of Oxide OPiness! That mech is so nimble, hit boxes like a champion and with its super quirks, its unstopable!
People compared it to the Jenner IIC, still, the IIC variant hanst got quirks, doesnt survive as long as the Oxide and the heat... the Oxide is so heat efficient!

All in all, Oxide is the best mech on the game! It is p2w defenatly! I see alot of people complaining about the kodiak... and that makes me so sad... before thinking on the kodiak, adress the Oxide!

Whats with the "we" stuff?
Perhaps due to a sale you're seeing more on the field than usual...

..and just because you got ragged by one or 3 in a match doesn't mean it needs to be taken out back and shot.

#128 Murphy7

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 31 May 2016 - 12:37 PM

So the quirks on the Jenner IIC need to be scaled back then? Oh wait, none of the IIC's have ANY quirks. Yeah, so they obviously must be OP.

What could the Jenner IIc do to possibly compete with the Oxide?

Boat up to 36 SRMs vs a max of 20? Add jumpjets? Have an XL engine that doesn't get you killed on the loss of any torso section?

They are faster, more maneuverable, and carry more firepower. And I advocate Jenner IIc's getting some structure quirks anyway - not for chassis to chassis parity but as a response to greatly inflated alpha strike damage across the board.

#129 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 12:49 PM

I'd rather give Mechs stomp and hand-to-hand attacks, for better fighting Lights feeling safe when coming to close. ;)

#130 Flak Kannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 581 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 12:59 PM

Having played and mastered every light Inner sphere chassis in game, including all the IS hero mechs, I will say that the current Oxide is the most powerful light as far as DPS goes, but with all that offensive power, many players think the Jenner Oxide to be invulerable.

Not the case.

If played smart, it can WRECK, but if played poorly and recklessly, as we have all seen this past weekend, it is a non factor.

But it is a rather forgiving mech to play. Large DPS, good durability, good mobility, it's just not invincible.

I jump in mine after the matchmaker has thrown me 5+ poor teams in a row, just to burn off some frustration.

Enjoi

#131 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 31 May 2016 - 01:25 PM

View PostKuaron, on 31 May 2016 - 12:31 PM, said:

If the Oxide was slower, or other Mechs than the Urbanmech could turn their torsos 180°, one would not have to train and coordinate an entire team choreography (at least I heard rumours that it can work) to fight this brainless pest while it has to just run at you and shoot...

Hm. Oxide is slower. Much slower then a Jenner-IIC-A laserboat, slower then an ACH / Firestarter. You can easily run away and shoot at the same time even without 180 degrees torso twist.

#132 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 31 May 2016 - 01:49 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 30 May 2016 - 07:16 PM, said:

I have an issue with you stating that you brough 6 Oxides / IIC's into a group queue. The reason for this is the most you can have is 3 light mechs. Unless group limits have changed, as usually I am the only light that are in the folks that I drop with.

Group queue is now tonnage only, no restriction on weight class. That has been the case for more than 6 months...to be honest.

#133 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 31 May 2016 - 01:54 PM

View PostxTrident, on 31 May 2016 - 11:24 AM, said:

QFT

I don't even worry myself much with the lights when I run my Oxide for fear of wasting ammo if I don't hit them. Plus I figure I do so much damage with it I mine as well use my ammo up on the bigger targets to help the team.

That being said... I have seen a group of three/four Oxides literally run through a team. As fast as they are they can get in and tear a team apart before they have any kind of idea on how to approach the match. If they're competent at all I've seen them take down 4+ mechs pretty easily. And if not the damage they'll do to that many mechs makes it pretty easy for the rest of the team to pick up the pieces.

The Oxide is damn good, but it's not without its limitations. Specifically for me it's limited by ammo and it's rather weak, especially in the legs.

Lol, I love this comment as well. Played a match yesterday evening where my entire group of buddies ran lights - no Oxide. We joined a match that had a lance with three Oxides - so our team was running SEVEN lights. I also do not believe we even had an assault. So us four joined up with them and we literally ran straight toward them (Grim Plexus so there was cover all the way there) The enemy team had a few assaults, I know I saw a King Crab, Banshee and I'm positive they had one or two Kodiaks just because it seems every team I fight anymore does. Well they had no answer for the lights. The Oxides were amazing but it wasn't like my group of buddies and our four lights did nothing. We had them turned all around taking a ton of damage that by the time the rest of the team got there it was clean up time.

I'm certainly not going to feel sorry for anyone having to fight Oxides right now. Not with the Kodiak spam going on right now. Over the weekend I played with one buddy and there numerous matches in which the overall tonnage between each team was way off. One time we had two assaults. A 100 tonner and a Victor 80 tonner. The enemy team had seven assaults and they were all 100 tonners. It wasn't even close on tonnage.

And like Wintersdark said - there's like one a match. That match I described was the first time I had seen that many Oxides on one team since a couple months. It's just not normal.

My most played mechs in the game all time:

Lights:
WLF (No JJs)
COM (No JJs)
JR7-O (No JJs)
ADR (No JJs)
ACH (JJs)

Meds:
CN9 (No JJs)
HBK (No JJs)
SCR (No JJs)
SHD (JJs)

Heavy:
TW (JJs)
WHM (No JJs)
HBR (No JJs)
BK (No JJs)
CTF (mostly no JJs)

Assault:
DW (mostly no JJs)
HGN-733C (JJs)
HGN-732 (JJs)
VTR-DS (JJs)

Outside of the jump snipe era hold overs...JJs surely do not seem to be such a tremendous thing anymore...is it more convenient? Sure. Is it necessary, or even required? Not at all.

#134 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 31 May 2016 - 01:55 PM

The Oxide is the best sustained brawler light for sure.

The Jenner-IIC SRM boat is a better back stabber (hit and run).

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 31 May 2016 - 01:56 PM.

#135 xTrident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 655 posts
  • LocationWork or Home

Posted 31 May 2016 - 03:19 PM

View PostGyrok, on 31 May 2016 - 01:54 PM, said:

My most played mechs in the game all time:

Lights:
WLF (No JJs)
COM (No JJs)
JR7-O (No JJs)
ADR (No JJs)
ACH (JJs)

Meds:
CN9 (No JJs)
HBK (No JJs)
SCR (No JJs)
SHD (JJs)

Heavy:
TW (JJs)
WHM (No JJs)
HBR (No JJs)
BK (No JJs)
CTF (mostly no JJs)

Assault:
DW (mostly no JJs)
HGN-733C (JJs)
HGN-732 (JJs)
VTR-DS (JJs)

Outside of the jump snipe era hold overs...JJs surely do not seem to be such a tremendous thing anymore...is it more convenient? Sure. Is it necessary, or even required? Not at all.

I'm with you with the exception of my Arctic Cheetahs - love the JJ's on them. But the rest - no JJ's. Jenners, Centurion, Crabs, Cicada, Black Knight, Jager, Atlas are my regulars.

But that's why I pointed out the two weaknesses for me on the Oxide. Limited ammo and weak in the legs - and not from lack of JJ's necessarily.

#136 Col Jaime Wolf

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 03:38 PM

now that i own oxide and have mastered it. i gotta say i don't know what all the qq is about.

frankly its kinda garbage. no where near as agile as huggins and it cant take a hit for ****.

really how is this thing considered a tier 1 light? jenner IIC stomps this thing into the ground on account of JJ's alone.

I regularly troll the **** out of assaults with huggins and TDK, with this thing? **** no.

feel like its hit box isnt just bad (ct) but i regularly get caught up on everything, nothing at all like other lights. not even jenner IIC's feel like they get caught on every nook and cranny like this thing. and hill climb doesn't feel like it does **** for this thing, testing with or without it still seems like its movement profile is gimped compared to other lights.

and why does it feel like my srms have a fire delay in this mech? at first i thought i was crazy but going right from this to any other srm mech and i can tell right away it feels like there is about a 1/16-1/8 second delay between when i click and the missiles fire just as if i had weapon doors.

no just no, huggins is better hands down, its faster, more agile, packs a meaner punch that can be used beyond point blank range, has more ammo and a much better profile and its missiles don't feel like they have any delay at all.

simply having a higher alpha does not make it better when literally everything else about it is worse than the nearest contenders.

Edited by Col Jaime Wolf, 31 May 2016 - 03:48 PM.

#137 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:45 PM

View PostCol Jaime Wolf, on 31 May 2016 - 03:38 PM, said:

now that i own oxide and have mastered it. i gotta say i don't know what all the qq is about.

frankly its kinda garbage. no where near as agile as huggins and it cant take a hit for ****.

really how is this thing considered a tier 1 light? jenner IIC stomps this thing into the ground on account of JJ's alone.

I regularly troll the **** out of assaults with huggins and TDK, with this thing? **** no.

feel like its hit box isnt just bad (ct) but i regularly get caught up on everything, nothing at all like other lights. not even jenner IIC's feel like they get caught on every nook and cranny like this thing. and hill climb doesn't feel like it does **** for this thing, testing with or without it still seems like its movement profile is gimped compared to other lights.

and why does it feel like my srms have a fire delay in this mech? at first i thought i was crazy but going right from this to any other srm mech and i can tell right away it feels like there is about a 1/16-1/8 second delay between when i click and the missiles fire just as if i had weapon doors.

no just no, huggins is better hands down, its faster, more agile, packs a meaner punch that can be used beyond point blank range, has more ammo and a much better profile and its missiles don't feel like they have any delay at all.

simply having a higher alpha does not make it better when literally everything else about it is worse than the nearest contenders.

34 damage every 2-ish seconds yields ~17 DPS.

Considering you would normally get that from a Brawl Splatlas or a weak MAL build, I would say you probably missed something somewhere.

Edited by Gyrok, 31 May 2016 - 06:46 PM.

#138 crashlogic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 318 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 07:24 PM

Um, no? The oxide is a good mech, I have a few days logged in mine, but its harldy op. Srm volleys can be deadly, but they are not op. What you are probably running into is a hero event with a lot of pilots who know what they are doing.

#139 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:21 PM

View PostMerryIguana, on 31 May 2016 - 08:27 AM, said:

You have got to be ******* kidding me. These forums...

You live too far in the underhive

#140 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:32 PM

Wait, am I missing something here?

The last time I saw a good oxide pilot was awhile ago, preferably half a year ago....

The only time I've seen the Oxide be OP is when you get premades running a Wolfpack of them against a surprised or unorganized team against it.

Hell when I look at one all it does is alpha once or twice and then run away in fear as it's side torso loses armor.

Maybe it's just the games I'm put into or whatever, but they aren't OP in the least. Maybe in a limited match such as a 4v4 or *hint hint* a 6v6, but in 12v12 public que, you are more likely to see a Wolfhound than you are a Oxide.

You probably are also saying this because of the influx of oxides coming in, there was a sale you know. 50% off and all....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users