• Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:20 AM

View PostrazenWing, on 29 May 2016 - 08:09 AM, said:

For people basically saying "git gud" on the oxide problem, they are either:
1) oxide pilots themselves
2) blatant liars

There's a reason that all elite teams are running one. They may switch from time to time to get some ECM action going, but for the most part... you won't see reputable teams that will advance past the first round in PGI tourney NOT running an oxide. No wolfhound, no adder, no kitfox... like... if you think ALL teams running 1 specific mech with 1 specific build is not a problem? Get real.

But the solution isn't to nerf their quirks. Just resize 5-10% bigger, and/or increase SRM ghost heat. Problem solved. Oxide is still the sturdy mech that it's designed to be. SRMs can't be boated onto mechs that can't realistically support them (IIC with 6 srms 6), and bigger targets = no one complain.

Done.

Ghost heat won't affect the Oxide. The Jenner isn't getting bigger. Neither of those are going to fix the Oxide. Ghost heat won't stop the IIC either, because anyone with half an ounce of a brain is going to fire two groups and avoid it. You tend to do that on a IIC right now, as 6xSRM6 plus current ghost heat is stupid hot.

#23 MerryIguana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 627 posts
  • LocationLurksville

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:23 AM

Ive been one shotting oxides all weekend. SB OP.

#24 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:25 AM

The Oxide just needs to have its quirks reduced a bit, that's all. Nothing more complicated than that.

And it will happen. The Oxide isn't the first somewhat OP mech due to quirks and it won't be the last.

People aren't all upset though because while the Oxide is better than it should be, it's not game breaking OP.

View PostMerryIguana, on 29 May 2016 - 08:23 AM, said:

Ive been one shotting oxides all weekend. SB OP.
This is why I say it's not game breaking OP. It's all CT, it's fragile. Better than it should be, certainly, but basically just a threat you need to pay attention to, not "omg it's an oxide we lose".

#25 GrimRiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationIf not here and not there, then where?

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:31 AM

OP?

Naw, more like the most annoying light in the game now next to the IIC version then the ACH and spider right after.

Jenners can't quite run right at heavier mechs like the ACH can, They work better by hitting your rear.

So always keep a eye on your rear to keep them at bay.

#26 S13gtastic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Roughneck
  • The Roughneck
  • 119 posts
  • LocationBig Sky

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:46 AM

Oxide can't be OP because it's IS and Clans are the OP ones. It also won't see any nerfs because it just went on sale.

#27 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:50 AM

View PostS13gtastic, on 29 May 2016 - 08:46 AM, said:

Oxide can't be OP because it's IS and Clans are the OP ones. It also won't see any nerfs because it just went on sale.

haha lol! Are you new here?
Mech is OP for a while.

Mech goes on sale.

Mech gets nerfed.

That's always how it goes.

#28 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:56 AM

I remember when the oxide was first leaked.... everyone said dead in the water.
When it came out, it was me.
It went mostly ignored as another huginn for well over a year.
Then it got some quirks. Still almost unheard of.
Now it has some quirks. OMG OP!
Now what does this teach us?

....Stop working ****. Or, "quirks make everything cool. Release the next mech with quirks that make all other mechs obsolete, then base all quirks on it. Repeat."

O.o. Whatever happened to quirks to make selecting the mech with fewer options more appealing?
Quirks were made to give us a use for a limb with a single hard point over the limb with two or the limb with 6.

So why has it come to this?

#29 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:57 AM

View PostS13gtastic, on 29 May 2016 - 08:46 AM, said:

So true... remmember folk, IS are the weak ones, Nerf Clans to the ground!

#30 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:00 AM

View PostKoniving, on 29 May 2016 - 08:56 AM, said:

So why has it come to this?

It hasn't "come to" this; it's always been this way.

We could take a stroll back through each major quirk revision, and for each there have been a couple mechs that are simply too good, purely due to (what appear obvious) overquirking. It's better now than it ever has been, to be honest. The Oxide is an outlier, but it's not nearly as bad as the ERPPC Thunderbolt, for example.

#31 S13gtastic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Roughneck
  • The Roughneck
  • 119 posts
  • LocationBig Sky

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:01 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 29 May 2016 - 08:50 AM, said:

haha lol! Are you new here?
Mech is OP for a while.

Mech goes on sale.

Mech gets nerfed.

That's always how it goes.

I was being sarcastic been playing since 2013 I'm well aware of the lunar cycle of MWO and how history just repeats it's self over and over. I usually stay away form these forums.

#32 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:54 AM

View PostS13gtastic, on 29 May 2016 - 09:01 AM, said:

I was being sarcastic been playing since 2013 I'm well aware of the lunar cycle of MWO and how history just repeats it's self over and over. I usually stay away form these forums.

you are so right...

#33 MerryIguana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 627 posts
  • LocationLurksville

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:56 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 29 May 2016 - 09:00 AM, said:

It hasn't "come to" this; it's always been this way.

We could take a stroll back through each major quirk revision, and for each there have been a couple mechs that are simply too good, purely due to (what appear obvious) overquirking. It's better now than it ever has been, to be honest. The Oxide is an outlier, but it's not nearly as bad as the ERPPC Thunderbolt, for example.

Oxide has had its offensive quirks for over a year. No one complained till structure showed its ugly head. Solution seems obvious, but PGI.

#34 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:07 AM

View PostrazenWing, on 29 May 2016 - 08:09 AM, said:

For people basically saying "git gud" on the oxide problem, they are either: 1) oxide pilots themselves 2) blatant liars There's a reason that all elite teams are running one. They may switch from time to time to get some ECM action going, but for the most part... you won't see reputable teams that will advance past the first round in PGI tourney NOT running an oxide. No wolfhound, no adder, no kitfox... like... if you think ALL teams running 1 specific mech with 1 specific build is not a problem? Get real. But the solution isn't to nerf their quirks. Just resize 5-10% bigger, and/or increase SRM ghost heat. Problem solved. Oxide is still the sturdy mech that it's designed to be. SRMs can't be boated onto mechs that can't realistically support them (IIC with 6 srms 6), and bigger targets = no one complain. Done.

All the Mechs are being corrected to scale in a couple weeks. Making the Oxide bigger than it should be is not a solution. The solution is to eliminate all quirks for ALL Mechs at the time of the re-scale and then use quirks sparingly to make all Mechs at least minimally viable. They should not be used for balance. All Mechs are not meant to be balanced for all players.

#35 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:09 AM

Ah Spadejack again....you really want to tell us the Oxide is the most OP mech in the game while the Kodiak is clearly ruling every match?

Hitboxes like a champion??? The "all CT" Jenner???

It is a good light....but so are the IIC Jenners and Cheetahs.

Edited by Der Hesse, 29 May 2016 - 10:15 AM.

#36 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:23 AM

It's top tier as far as lights go, but I wouldn't really call it super duper OP. It still has to contend with all of the gundams bigger than itself.

If people really insist on a nerf, though, I would rather have the weapon quirks nudged down a bit instead of removing the structure. The structure helps differentiate it from the Jenny IIC, which has more firepower but lower durability.

Removing the structure means that both the Oxide and Jenny IIC will have the same role of low-durability high-firepower. Since the IIC has way more firepower, it would thus be the clear winner of the two.

Let one of them be durable and let the other pack a wallop.

Edited by FupDup, 29 May 2016 - 10:25 AM.

#37 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 29 May 2016 - 11:00 AM

View PostFupDup, on 29 May 2016 - 10:23 AM, said:

It's top tier as far as lights go, but I wouldn't really call it super duper OP. It still has to contend with all of the gundams bigger than itself.

If people really insist on a nerf, though, I would rather have the weapon quirks nudged down a bit instead of removing the structure. The structure helps differentiate it from the Jenny IIC, which has more firepower but lower durability.

Removing the structure means that both the Oxide and Jenny IIC will have the same role of low-durability high-firepower. Since the IIC has way more firepower, it would thus be the clear winner of the two.

Exactly. It is one of the best lights, but that makes it only useable, but most players (on these forums anyway) seem to want to make all lights irrelevant and they're pissed that there are a few that aren't.

Edited by TercieI, 29 May 2016 - 11:01 AM.

#38 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 11:22 AM

It's better than most of the mediums in the game and probably outclasses anything that isn't at least a T2 heavy mech.

Should a fast, agile light mech that is 35 tons really have 16.8 DPS on top of having things like +16 leg structure?

All they need to do is remove the -15% missile CD and it will probably be fine.

Edited by Ultimax, 29 May 2016 - 11:23 AM.

#39 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 29 May 2016 - 11:27 AM

View PostDer Hesse, on 29 May 2016 - 10:09 AM, said:

Ah Spadejack again....you really want to tell us the Oxide is the most OP mech in the game while the Kodiak is clearly ruling every match?

Hitboxes like a champion??? The "all CT" Jenner???

It is a good light....but so are the IIC Jenners and Cheetahs.

Ahhh you again.... the IS champion! Kodiak? Damn fine mech, not as good as an Atlas tough...
Kodiak rulling the field? Of corse it is, its a new mech! And it will until the new phoenix hawk comes!
But you should have known this, or havent you played this game long enough?

#40 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 29 May 2016 - 11:32 AM

Jenner IIC are all good and dandy, not as good as an Oxide. Why? Quirks! And with all the nerfs on the clan side... guess who wins ;)

About SRMs, remmember that SRMs on the clan side spread way too much compared to IS ones. All in all, IS on paper seems to be on the down side, but, as most people that plays this game knows, whats on paper does not show reality! The fact that the Oxide far surpress any other light mech on the game!

And by the way, since there is a sale on hero mechs, i myself already got my Oxide ;) and its a T1 mech, even while in basic LOL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users