Oxide! The Most Op Mech On The Game!

162 replies to this topic

#41 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,982 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 29 May 2016 - 11:37 AM

View PostSpadejack, on 29 May 2016 - 07:37 AM, said:

Act as if the problem doesnt exists, but the facts speak for themselves! Everyones running an Oxide nowadays because it is that good!

I know how good it is, you know how good it is! But why all the resistance to nerf the bugger? Because its isnt clan?

Luckily there is no sale event or something like that which would otherwise explain why "everyone" is running Oxides (or other hero mechs)

#42 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 May 2016 - 11:39 AM

View PostSpadejack, on 29 May 2016 - 11:32 AM, said:

Jenner IIC are all good and dandy, not as good as an Oxide. Why? Quirks! And with all the nerfs on the clan side... guess who wins Posted Image

About SRMs, remmember that SRMs on the clan side spread way too much compared to IS ones. All in all, IS on paper seems to be on the down side, but, as most people that plays this game knows, whats on paper does not show reality! The fact that the Oxide far surpress any other light mech on the game!

And by the way, since there is a sale on hero mechs, i myself already got my Oxide Posted Image and its a T1 mech, even while in basic LOL

Until you meet people who can actually aim, do not strip armor and actually pay attention. Surpass any light in the game, no. In the top 5 yes. FS9 A ACH and Wolf Hound can give it a run for its money and beat it. The main draw back for the OXIDE, it has to be witin 75 meters to REALLY concentrate its firepower, or else the SRM spread will spread that damage like there is no tomorrow.

Something people seem to forget on threads like this. Even a Jenner D or F given the right pilot can beat the Oxide. However in a light duel skill on skill, 1 light dies, the other just needs to be brushed upon to die.

#43 -Vompo-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 532 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 May 2016 - 11:41 AM

Compared to other lights the Oxide is very good. I play it and I have it in my drop deck. I wouldn't mind if it would lose some of it's structure quirks to compansate for it's firepower.

#44 Aetes Nakatomi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 571 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, England

Posted 29 May 2016 - 11:48 AM

I bought at Oxide as part of the Hero sale. I have ran in in 15 games so far (not a great amount, but enough to figure out a few things). I also have no other Jenners so she is only basic not Elite.

I am running mine with an XL300 and 3 SRM4 (5 tons of ammo).

I originally started using 4 SRM 4 but the low ammo meant that I would achieve my cap of 600 damage very early on in the game if I was playing against potato assaults that stood around alone firing LRMs or trying to be an ERLL super sniper. I didn't want to drop the engine rating as I like going fast (keeps me alive) so had to lose a launcher for for ammo.

When I find myself playing against disorganised groups I can easily run in and out of their line, I always seem to run out of ammo , achieve 900 damage and end the match as an unarmed squirrel acting as a distraction.

If playing against more organised teams life is more tough, but the structure quirks allow for some very forgiving gameplay. For example last night I crashed into a wall while my torso was turned in front of 3 Mechs (2 pilots from EMP and a 228 that was dropping with them) they all fired on me and I got smashed up, but I manage to turn around and run away before they could leg me. Perhaps they were having an off day but I am pretty sure if I was in my FS9 or my ACH I would have been dead or legged (then dead).

I enjoy playing in it, I am happy with my purchase, but I think the structure quirks need the edge taken off of them.

#45 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 29 May 2016 - 11:48 AM

"Help! I can't hit Oxides so it MUST be OP. The only thing i can kill it with is a skill dog/crow."

Honestly though it's stupid easy to pop the ST or CT on Oxides even with it running full speed, i don't see what the issue is other than it's a tad too good at SRM spam. This is coming from someone who both runs the Oxide and does not use streaks against them when running heavier chassis.

#46 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:01 PM

@Aetes: I have been running mine with 3x SRM4 + SRM2 + 4.5 tons. The tight spread on the 2 compensates for the loss of firepower. That is with the 300XL. I am also considering going down to a 295. The meta 285XL is good but I can feel a noticeable loss of top speed.

Edited by Spheroid, 29 May 2016 - 12:01 PM.

#47 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:11 PM

I'd be curious to see if 8 T1 and preferably comp players, ran a few sets of 2 out of 3 matches pitting 4 Oxides against say, 4 Arctic Cheetahs, 4 Jenner IIcs, and even 4 Wolfhounds and then report back the results (FYI: I think a 1 on 1 comparison is irrelevant, and I can't think of a way to get a better idea of the general feel of a mech than in small groups).

#48 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:23 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 29 May 2016 - 08:09 AM, said:

... because it doesn't have JJ's. Having JJ's on a Jenner allow you to protect your legs.

Ironically, JJs usually mean your legs will be targeted more since you are boosting upwards. A lesson hammered into me when I was playing pre-JJ nerf Catapults. Also, Oxide cannot afford to spare tonnage for a couple of JJs while keeping the same buid. Ammo will become big issue.

Edited by El Bandito, 29 May 2016 - 12:25 PM.

#49 Aetes Nakatomi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 571 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, England

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:29 PM

Thanks Spheroid, I was toying with the idea of adding an SRM2. I will likely drop the engine down to a 285 after I get her elited, but pre speed tweak even the 300 isn't as fast as I would like.

#50 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:31 PM

Im using the oxide i just bought

That thing is... so good... i mean.. amazing good! So cheesy lol so many kills and its so easy to use!

#51 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:32 PM

View PostSpadejack, on 29 May 2016 - 11:32 AM, said:

Jenner IIC are all good and dandy, not as good as an Oxide. Why? Quirks! And with all the nerfs on the clan side... guess who wins Posted Image

About SRMs, remmember that SRMs on the clan side spread way too much compared to IS ones. All in all, IS on paper seems to be on the down side, but, as most people that plays this game knows, whats on paper does not show reality! The fact that the Oxide far surpress any other light mech on the game!

And by the way, since there is a sale on hero mechs, i myself already got my Oxide Posted Image and its a T1 mech, even while in basic LOL

The Jenner IIc is actually better for hit and runs and back stabbing, the Oxide can just sustain fire better, which is why I think if anything the Oxide should just lose its missile heat gen quirk so it gets heat capped sooner and has to disengage.

#52 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:40 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 29 May 2016 - 12:23 PM, said:

Ironically, JJs usually mean your legs will be targeted more since you are boosting upwards. A lesson hammered into me when I was playing pre-JJ nerf Catapults. Also, Oxide cannot afford to spare tonnage for a couple of JJs while keeping the same buid. Ammo will become big issue.

You don't boost to protect your legs directly, you can use JJ's to disengage when otherwise it's impossible.

#53 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:47 PM

People talk about the kodiak? Killing those bears are so easy with the OXIDE LOLOLOL

#54 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:55 PM

View PostSpadejack, on 29 May 2016 - 12:31 PM, said:

Im using the oxide i just bought

That thing is... so good... i mean.. amazing good! So cheesy lol so many kills and its so easy to use!

View PostSpadejack, on 29 May 2016 - 12:47 PM, said:

People talk about the kodiak? Killing those bears are so easy with the OXIDE LOLOLOL

Now he is just trolling trying to keep it on top.

#55 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:56 PM

I have met exactly 1 Oxide that was over powered, and that was yesterday. When he took out my rear CT from the front. It was on NA server so it wasn't lag.

There was no way he had a chance by the way. I was in my fully armored Orion and he was near ct cored and taking LRM fire from team mates. He was going down, then boom it was over rear CT gone from the front. Fresh Orion down in 1 shot from the front.........

Edited by Johnny Z, 29 May 2016 - 12:59 PM.

#56 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,982 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:04 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 29 May 2016 - 12:56 PM, said:

I have met exactly 1 Oxide that was over powered, and that was yesterday. When he took out my rear CT from the front. It was on NA server so it wasn't lag.

There was no way he had a chance by the way. I was in my fully armored Orion and he was near ct cored and taking LRM fire from team mates. He was going down, then boom it was over rear CT gone from the front. Fresh Orion down in 1 shot from the front.........

PGI drove that Oxide haha

I have had that quite often: shot taken CLEARLY to the front are registered on the back. Boomerang ammo ftw

#57 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:06 PM

Nerf the Oxide! ... But only the day after the Hero sale. Posted Image

#58 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:10 PM

View PostVapor NINE, on 29 May 2016 - 08:17 AM, said:

Posted Image

The humor eludes me. It must be a cultural thing. Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 29 May 2016 - 01:19 PM.

#59 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:18 PM

View PostSpadejack, on 29 May 2016 - 12:47 PM, said:

Well, if I can do that with my lowly JR7 IIC-2 and JR7 IIC-3, it should be a real piece of cake with the Oxide.

#60 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:58 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 29 May 2016 - 12:56 PM, said:

Splash damage maybe?
Still, honestly i do think that this liltle bugger is so good. I do understand all the rant about the Oxide! Its that powerfull!

View PostMystere, on 29 May 2016 - 01:18 PM, said:

Well, if I can do that with my lowly JR7 IIC-2 and JR7 IIC-3, it should be a real piece of cake with the Oxide.

Trolling? Still, i do have all the JIIC, and its not as fun nor as powerfull like the Oxide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users