And Chance Mini Guns And Piranhas Are Added?

11 replies to this topic

#1 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 09:02 PM

There is a need for a larger, better machine gun. My Kit Fox has slots for four ballistic and my only choice is those lame MG's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minigun

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Piranha

#2 Nik Reaper

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 09:14 PM

Well like a number of "nice" things that exist in BT , like the Er med laser and light FE for IS, there is a thing called a machine gun array , basically you use one hardpoint to mount up to 3 mg together and fire like one weapon ( use more ammo but hey you could have 12 mgs worth of damage from those 4 hardpoints ) and it's locked behind a tech level/ world year that PGI is uncomfortable of crossing till they sell us all the mechs from this tech level/ time period ...

#3 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 30 May 2016 - 09:18 PM

If you didn't know, the BattleTech mech mounted machine guns are essentially that (but vehicle size)

Think Gau-8 Avenger, a ~half ton weapon
Posted Image

PGI's MG art made them a pitiful peashooter, but that's their fault.
It's also their fault for keeping it the better part of worthless.

#4 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 30 May 2016 - 09:23 PM

I really can't imagine why someone would whine about MGs loudly enough to cause PGI to nerf them as they did.

Such people, if they did exist, need to be put to the torch ... figuratively speaking, of course. Posted Image

#5 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 10:53 PM

View PostMystere, on 30 May 2016 - 09:23 PM, said:

I really can't imagine why someone would whine about MGs loudly enough to cause PGI to nerf them as they did.

Such people, if they did exist, need to be put to the torch ... figuratively speaking, of course. Posted Image

there where 2 or 3 days where MGs where actually good. not useful but good. And people crapped to the hell and back about the spider and cicada that could finally do damage and where indeed dangerous in closed quarters.

I have never seen a hotfix that fast, not even when the big lurmageddon hit us. And all because some whiny atlas drivers who were to dumb to turn around. literally.

#6 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 31 May 2016 - 03:16 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 30 May 2016 - 09:02 PM, said:

There is a need for a larger, better machine gun. My Kit Fox has slots for four ballistic and my only choice is those lame MG's.

My Vindicator 1X feels your pain.

#7 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 31 May 2016 - 03:26 AM

We don't need any replacement for the MG. The MG used to be devastating in MWO. Recall that the Ember, with a pitiful 4 energy hardpoints, used to be the best light mech in the game. Why? Because MGs were once actually good. At some point, even the SDR-5K was considered a good light mech, due to having 4 MGs and ghost hit boxes.

Today, the Ember is hardly used by anyone, because PGI still thinks that a heat neutral light mech could potentially destroy the universe.

#8 Templar Dane

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:13 AM

View PostMystere, on 30 May 2016 - 09:23 PM, said:

It was probably less about the machine guns and more about the incredibly hard to hit spiders they were attached to.

View PostAlistair Winter, on 31 May 2016 - 03:26 AM, said:

We don't need any replacement for the MG. The MG used to be devastating in MWO. Recall that the Ember, with a pitiful 4 energy hardpoints, used to be the best light mech in the game. Why? Because MGs were once actually good. At some point, even the SDR-5K was considered a good light mech, due to having 4 MGs and ghost hit boxes.

Today, the Ember is hardly used by anyone, because PGI still thinks that a heat neutral light mech could potentially destroy the universe.

MGs were nerfed LONG before the firestarters even came out.

#9 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 31 May 2016 - 07:57 AM

View Post627, on 30 May 2016 - 10:53 PM, said:

there where 2 or 3 days where MGs where actually good. not useful but good. And people crapped to the hell and back about the spider and cicada that could finally do damage and where indeed dangerous in closed quarters.

I have never seen a hotfix that fast, not even when the big lurmageddon hit us. And all because some whiny atlas drivers who were to dumb to turn around. literally.

Yup. Lurmaggedon 2014 took 2 weeks to patch IIRC.

#10 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:02 AM

PGI could make MGs worth taking with a couple simple tweaks: remove the cone of fire and bump up the damage per hit from 0.08 to 0.1 at least. Throw in a bit of refined art changing them from single-barrel to multi-barrel, preferably animated, and you'd have the foundation of a great weapon.

#11 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:26 AM

View Post627, on 30 May 2016 - 10:53 PM, said:

View PostTemplar Dane, on 31 May 2016 - 06:13 AM, said:

It was probably less about the machine guns and more about the incredibly hard to hit spiders they were attached to.

MGs were nerfed LONG before the firestarters even came out.

Firestarters came Feb14

Posted Image

You'll note the MGs didn't get their Trifecta of Suck until after the Clams invaded.

MGs were good for exactly one Patch cycle, according to that, and mediocre for a few months, before being Giganerfed by the Nerfinator around 2 years ago.

#12 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:31 AM

Why add miniguns? Just make machine guns not suck...

MGs need to be increased to 1 DPS and they probably need their optimum range increased to 180m too

Id start with those buffs and go from there.

Edited by Khobai, 31 May 2016 - 08:37 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users