MWO World Championship 2016 FAQ

18 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 07:04 PM

Greetings Competitors of the MWO World Championship!

Before your matches start off on June 2nd, please make sure that your team reviews the MWOWC2016 FAQ page!

Feel free to comment on this thread for further questions or inquiries regarding the tournament, as we will continue to update the FAQ page as new questions appear.

#2 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 07:55 PM

1. Can you clarify/ confirm on use of artystrike/uavs.

#3 Kageru Ikazuchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:09 PM

What happens when a Team stops participating, or is disqualified from the Tournament?
If a Team has Withdrawn from the Tournament, or has been Disqualified, every Team that was scheduled against them will automatically receive a win in the standings as the match they were scheduled to play will be classed as a forfeit in favor of the remaining Team.
If a Team fails to participate for over 3 matches during the Tournament, that Team will be Disqualified.
Teams who have either Withdrawn or been Disqualified will appear struck-through in the Team List and Schedule.

What if a team withdraws (or is disqualified) midway through the qualifiers?

It would appear that the intent is for future and past games to be counted as a forfeit for the withdrawn team (and an automatic win for everyone in the region). I think this is the correct and most fair interpretation, but I just want to be clear.

#4 AngelusDD

• PipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Participant
  • WC 2018 Participant
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 12:10 AM

PGI: Can you please, please, do make "reply threads" in the proper forum?

Why is this WC-FAQ reply thread NOT in the WC-subsection??? but in mwo universe announcements?

#5 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:37 AM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 31 May 2016 - 07:55 PM, said:

Everything in the game is allowed?

#6 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:45 AM

If a Team fails to participate for over 3 matches during the Tournament, that Team will be Disqualified.

Well, GL all

#7 BanditB17

Competitive Play Moderator & Shoutcaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • 517 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:37 AM

View PostAngelusDD, on 01 June 2016 - 12:10 AM, said:

PGI: Can you please, please, do make "reply threads" in the proper forum?

Why is this WC-FAQ reply thread NOT in the WC-subsection??? but in mwo universe announcements?

The FAQ itself is located in WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT > GENERAL TOURNAMENT DISCUSSION

#8 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:36 AM

View Postironnightbird, on 01 June 2016 - 06:45 AM, said:

Well, GL all

I kinda thought we would be OK simply missing ONLY 10 matches out of the 81 ... "3" ... with the stupid assed ****** up scheduling. Piece of **** game.

#9 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:41 AM

View PostKageru Ikazuchi, on 31 May 2016 - 08:09 PM, said:

What if a team withdraws (or is disqualified) midway through the qualifiers? It would appear that the intent is for future and past games to be counted as a forfeit for the withdrawn team (and an automatic win for everyone in the region). I think this is the correct and most fair interpretation, but I just want to be clear.

Correct, any Wins a withdrawn or disqualified Team may have already achieved will be retroactively adjusted as Wins in favor of the remaining Teams. We've adjusted the FAQ text to make that more clear.

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 31 May 2016 - 07:55 PM, said:

All Consumables and Modules are permitted. Each Tournament account has been provided with a sufficient amount of experience and currency to unlock and purchase any and all items they may want to use. We'll add an entry in the FAQ covering this question.

ironnightbird said:

Well, GL all

The FAQ text has been adjusted to provide some more clarity here.
If a Team fails to appear for an officially scheduled or previously agreed upon match time with no notice or communication more than 3 times during the Tournament, that Team will be Disqualified.

#10 Feral Goose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:46 AM

Will there be a leader board that details mechs used by the teams?

#11 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 11:33 AM

View PostFeral Goose, on 01 June 2016 - 09:46 AM, said:

So everybody can bring the same as the best/most efficient teams ?
Awesome idea .
Not .

Takes away too much I dare saying .

#12 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 11:36 AM

Summary of updates that have been committed to the FAQ since its original posting.

A Gameplay section has been added, currently comprised of a question regarding the use of Consumables and Modules.

A clarification has been made to the 'Creation of Match Lobbies > How do we get in touch with the Referee monitoring our officially scheduled match' section.
  • Originally it was stated that Team Captains must coordinate with the Refs.
  • This has been adjusted to specify that Teams can also use a representative from the Team to coordinate with Refs if the Captain is not available or not playing the match.
A clarification has been made to the 'Team Withdrawals and Disqualifications > What happens when a Team stops participating, or is disqualified from the Tournament' section.
  • Originally it was stated that if a Team has Withdrawn or has been Disqualified, every Team that was scheduled against them will automatically receive a win in the standings for those future matches
  • This has been adjusted to specify that every Team who was scheduled against them will automatically receive a win in the standings for any matches they were scheduled to play, and for any past matches that may have already been played (if applicable).
An additional clarification has been made to the 'Team Withdrawals and Disqualifications > What happens when a Team stops participating, or is disqualified from the Tournament' section.
  • Originally it was stated that if a Team failed to participate for over 3 matches during the Tournament, that Team would be Disqualified.
  • This has been adjusted to specify that if a Team fails to appear for an officially scheduled or previously agreed upon match time with no notice or communication more than 3 times during the Tournament, that Team will be Disqualified.

#13 Veritae

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 269 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 12:13 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 01 June 2016 - 11:36 AM, said:

An additional clarification has been made to the 'Team Withdrawals and Disqualifications > What happens when a Team stops participating, or is disqualified from the Tournament' section.
  • Originally it was stated that if a Team failed to participate for over 3 matches during the Tournament, that Team would be Disqualified.
  • This has been adjusted to specify that if a Team fails to appear for an officially scheduled or previously agreed upon match time with no notice or communication more than 3 times during the Tournament, that Team will be Disqualified.

Is it fair to say, then, that a team that shows up to the NGNG server at the sheduled time to speak with the ref, and inform them that they cannot field a full 8 man roster for that match would not be subject to the tourney DQ, then? Or do we need to notify the other team in advance. I foresee matches where teams are planning to drop in good faith and someone can't show up due to IRL issues. I assume that PGI does not intend to DQ teams for something like this, correct?

#14 BanditB17

Competitive Play Moderator & Shoutcaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • 517 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 01 June 2016 - 12:55 PM

View PostVeritae, on 01 June 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

Is it fair to say, then, that a team that shows up to the NGNG server at the sheduled time to speak with the ref, and inform them that they cannot field a full 8 man roster for that match would not be subject to the tourney DQ, then? Or do we need to notify the other team in advance. I foresee matches where teams are planning to drop in good faith and someone can't show up due to IRL issues. I assume that PGI does not intend to DQ teams for something like this, correct?

This is correct. Make an effort and you won't get DQ'd unless you do it excessively.

#15 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 12:58 PM

View PostVeritae, on 01 June 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

Advance notice will always be more ideal, but we understand that things can happen at the last minute that are outside of the Teams control. If the Team contacts the Ref and the Team (or just the Team, in cases of off-schedule matches) at or close to the time of scheduled match, it's unlikely that this will count as a strike. However, if last-minute 'good faith' cancellations seem to become too much of a habit for a Team, we will evaluate the case as needed.

The rule is more geared toward addressing cases where a lack of sufficient communication from the Team in question is deemed to constitute a lack of respectful consideration for their opponent. If the Team communicates, another match time can be discussed (as long as it's played before the end of the officially scheduled match week) or the match in question can simply be marked as a forfeit.
If there's simply no communication, missing an appointed match will count as a strike.

#16 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:19 PM

Are we being Allowed then to Mix IS mechs and Clan mechs then? I see no rules against it.

#17 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:44 PM

So I've recently heard from people that many competitive players run their resolution low. They run their graphics settings low and also run CAD programs in the background to downgrade the settings even more. This way they can see/shoot through terrain. And apparently this is quite "popular". So yea...until certain graphics settings are mandatory and hard-locked...and the cheating has been properly dealt with...count me out of any tourneys. It's hard enough dealing with virtual carrot chasing meta CoD try-harders spouting dribble such as "git gud." (even though they probably rage when Taco Bell forgets to give them 2 extra hot sauce packets for their chalupas) I'm not saying there shouldn't ever be any tourneys of course not. But plenty of things need to be addressed and fixed before a proper one should be organized.

Edited by Ramrod AI, 01 June 2016 - 02:51 PM.

#18 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 03:25 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 01 June 2016 - 09:41 AM, said:

The FAQ text has been adjusted...

Great work following up on the suggestions/question, thank you Posted Image

#19 Feral Goose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:25 PM

View PostFeral Goose, on 01 June 2016 - 09:46 AM, said:

View PostRad Hanzo, on 01 June 2016 - 11:33 AM, said:

So everybody can bring the same as the best/most efficient teams ?
Awesome idea .
Not .

Takes away too much I dare saying .

Nope, but to see that no real comp team, in there right minds, will be dropping in clan mechs. It would be good to see this "balance" in plain view, when it comes to teams that have something, actually, on the line. Folks aren't looking for the builds, just the mechs being used. I mean, heck, it's already 2/2/2/2, so it's not really going to be a super surprise at the combos decks built. Well it's going to be streamed any ways, and everyone will be taking note at the last nail in coffin of this long debate. I'm kinda glad PGI decided to put it out there on full display.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users