Warhammer Whm-6D Vs Grasshopper Ghr-5H

3 replies to this topic

#1 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:07 PM

I intentionally didn't include the Black Knight since it's 75 tons. So, the WHM-6D and GHR-5H have almost the same loadout and runs at similar speed, but which one do you prefer?

I think I prefer the Grashopper although its belly hardpoints are rather low relative to the cockpit (camera) because the JJs could mitigate this somewhat. The JJs also make it much more maneuverable - the thing which tips the balance in favor to the 'Mech. While the Hopper has better offensive quirks, the Warhammer is more sturdy and agile. Still, I prefer the Hopper. What about you?

Edited by Hit the Deck, 07 June 2016 - 10:07 PM.

#2 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:36 AM

Yup. Hopper. Skinnier and more XL friendly, plus JJ.

That said, I think Hammer's look great and Hoppers look like scarecrows and move like they have a drinking problem. Thus, despite the functional superiority I take the Hammer a lot more than I probably should. To give them a feeling of individuality I run the Hopper with XLs and loadout of MLs and LPLs, I run the 6D with a mix of MPL and ML with a std 325.

#3 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:25 PM

The Warhammer can tank but the 'Hopper has JJ which is a big plus.

Run all my 'Hammers with STD 300, makes the 6D a great brawler and zombie though the XL builds I've see give damage close to a Black Knight.

#4 Apnu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:55 AM

I like the Hopper over the Whammy. The hopper is surprisingly durable, spreads damage almost automatically. There have been so many times driving the thing as a pulse boat and I thought "why am I not dead yet?!" Plus the arms are mounted higher than the Whammy so less shots in the dirt. And finally, all the hoppers have high mounted shoulder energy points. When placing weapons in the mech lab, watch where they land as you add them. The first energy weapon goes to the waist, but the next one goes high. So if you're doing a hill humping Large Laser boat, put your ML or SL on first then the LL and you can peek like few others can in the game.

After Hunchies, I love my hoppers the most.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users