Oxide (Jenner) Op

7 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Blood

Rookie

• Liquid Metal
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:30 AM

If there is an Oxide (or splat Jenner) in EVERY SINGLE GAME and sometimes many of them, that to me tells me that they are broken. If every game I play has one then they are too powerful.

In Magic The Gathering card game, if a card is in every single deck all the time - they nerf or restrict it. They know how to keep the competition level. This needs to happen here too.

They also make people rage-quit as they are so annoying. Is this the type of game we want?

Even when I alpha them several times at point blank or such, they rarely take much damage when they are hardly moving - what's with that? There has to be something wrong with the hitboxes.

This Oxide abuse needs to stop or people will leave the game.

Anyone else agree?

- Lord Blood

Edited by Lord Blood, 08 June 2016 - 09:32 AM.

#2 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 08 June 2016 - 10:24 AM

You're preaching to the choir here. Most Clan players and quite an number of IS players admit that Splat Jenners (Whether they be Oxide or the missile IIC) are quite a bit too powerful at the moment.

#3 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:16 PM

I'm looking for the feature suggestion here. Not found. It is, however a nice complaint. Grates on the ear just right.

#4 Jalthibuster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 01:02 PM

I just bought mine recently during the last hero mech sale and named it Jenoxide...because it kills whole peoples.

#5 Shiney

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 683 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 01:49 PM

Streak cats take care of them easily. Jenner II is the clan version. They're certanily annoying but OP only if you have low rear armor or nobody taking care of the enemy lights.

#6 ArmandTulsen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:55 AM

There's a lot of bias towards the Oxide. The people who say it's not OP have it and use it, or haven't faced them on a regular basis. There are lots, though, who use it, knowing it's OP, readily admit it.

People denying it's OP are just like this guy:

Posted Image

#7 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:35 AM

Also the people who say the oxide isn't an example of pay to win... are generally people who paid for it and don't want their winning nerfed.

#8 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:52 PM

Let's see. This is not Magic the Gathering. This is another someone killed you with it so you want it NERFED thread. Oxide. Ever kill one? Do you know who much fun it is to blow one apart, piece by piece? Do you know how much fun it is imagining how much the player on the other end of the modem is squirming or swearing at you after taking out one of it's legs and then you torture the poor guy by making a few intentional poor shots just to make him/her sweat?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users