93 replies to this topic

#41 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:12 PM

Another useless clanmech for useless clanweapons.

#42 Trashhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:16 PM

View PostVorpalValedictus, on 13 June 2016 - 10:51 AM, said:

Sigh..the more money you give to PGI, the more it reinforces their bad habits. There are so many core things to fix in this game, as well as content to add that AREN'T new mech packs ffs. CW3 was a flop.. Seriously PGI, can you invest more into actually developing this game!?

So you want PGI to cancel MWO altogether, right?
Because "no money" = "no MWO".
Let me explain:

If you want things to be fixed (and I am right there with you), that takes the work of people.
People that do not work for free, they... "run on money", so to speak.

MWO makes money (mostly) by selling mech's.

You do not pay money for new maps, new game-modes, or what ever else.
(Besides, as far as I know the COMMUNITY wanted CW, so PGI did what WE wanted. Since everyone wants a differnt kind of CW, we end up with what we got so far.
IMHO such a game-mode is more fitting to a Solo-player game, not a multi-player title, but who am I to judge?)

Saying PGI should not sell mechs but rather go develop the game is a bit like saying "stop eating, you could use that time better for doing ACTUAL work".

Might work for a couple of days, but not much longer. -_-

#43 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:19 PM

View PostCathy, on 13 June 2016 - 12:05 PM, said:

Since when was this announced ? I know the last four projected were clan two heavies and two mediums but I don't remember anywhere they saying no more lights

They didn't, just trend sucks.

#44 Sad Panda

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:29 PM

Yay, more mech packs. Yay.......

Forget the mech packs now, when we gonna get real game updates i.e. at least double the amount of FW / CW maps. Not the failed "beta 3" release....... Wow, what a let down that was..... Capture 1 planet in an hour and then do nothing for the rest of the attack phase. Wait 20 mins to get a 10 Min match or more likely a ghost drop.

Games starting to die. Look at the steam stats. It's loosing the player base like never before.
PGI Answer to this issue, wanna buy a mech pack?

Edited by Sad Panda, 13 June 2016 - 12:32 PM.

#45 DarthHias

• Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:30 PM

View PostTercieI, on 13 June 2016 - 11:43 AM, said:

Just hating the trend: Since the last package, we have had 2 assaults, 5 heavies and 3 mediums with the suggestion that a clan omni heavy is next after this. Posted Image

What another clan heavy? I thought with that huntsman it would be over... BLARGHHHHHH
Can´t
see
any
more
heavies.

I run heavies sure. But I need some new Light. #PGIPLZ # Tina plz... Anyone hear me?

#46 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:38 PM

Fix Phase 3? nope

Game Lobbies? nope

Replacement for ghost heat? nope

More maps? nope

Mech Packs, get your mech packs here? Yep

Ummmmm NO!

Posted Image

#47 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:46 PM

Nice mech indeed.
50 tons,
86kph,
5 jjets
Endo + Ferro (100% armor stock)
23,5t weapon space and 27 crit slots (7 free on stock prime)

Prime:
4x ERML
1x UAC2
1x SSRM6
1x LRM10A
AMS
TAG
Flamer
2x Anti Personel Pod

A Variant:
2x LPulse
1x LBX2
1x LRM10

B Variant:
1x ERPPC
1x LBX10
2x MG
2x MPulse

C Variant:
1x LRM15
1x LRM20
1x SSRM4
1x UAC5
1x ERML
1x ERSL
1x Flamer

#48 VorpalValedictus

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:54 PM

View PostTrashhead, on 13 June 2016 - 12:16 PM, said:

So you want PGI to cancel MWO altogether, right?
Because "no money" = "no MWO".
Let me explain:

If you want things to be fixed (and I am right there with you), that takes the work of people.

You do not pay money for new maps, new game-modes, or what ever else.

Where is the money going? From the revenue that the whales here generate, you'd think PGI would invest some into hiring coders..people who can actually work on the core game. You invest in new maps, game modes, etc to make a more attractive and cohesive package which in turn attracts more players--who in turn buy packs while instilling confidence in the existing player base and convincing them to further fund a great game.

I mean there aren't many excuses. A lot of the work that needs to be implemented into MWO has already been done by the community. Example: NBT is pretty much CW, MRBC is the tournament mode, for christ's sake cry-engine released a new engine FOR FREE.

I feel like PGI is taking advantage of the people who are true battletech fans, milking them without attempting to even reach out to a player base that doesn't have much battletech knowledge (steam launch was a pathetic effort).

It's such a shame. The gameplay itself is awesome, the lore is supremely rich.. PGI is wasting 80% of the potential of the battletech universe.

Edited by VorpalValedictus, 13 June 2016 - 12:59 PM.

#49 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:01 PM

Mmm... yaaaas. This is the medium I have been showing the good word for, for the last few months. Look at those side torso mounts. Look at them! So high! My baaaby. And a Nova cat hero too!

#50 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:08 PM

High mounted E and B hard points in the shoulders, so aside from the odd SRM boat I'm guessing we won't be seeing much from the arms (aside from a little bit of shielding).

I'll stick to my Hunchy IIC, Shadow Cat, and shrinky dink Novas for Clan Mediums :D

#51 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:13 PM

Hey, wanna buy a mech/heromech/mechpack?

Last-chance cashgrab!

edit:
Really, this course of doing business makes me sad beyond belief. The game is in an abysmal state, severely lacking content and all that's done is churning out useless mechpacks and letting the players sort themselves out for a world championship out of 200.

Edited by PFC Carsten, 13 June 2016 - 01:17 PM.

#52 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:15 PM

View PostVorpalValedictus, on 13 June 2016 - 10:51 AM, said:

Sigh..the more money you give to PGI, the more it reinforces their bad habits. There are so many core things to fix in this game, as well as content to add that AREN'T new mech packs ffs. CW3 was a flop.. Seriously PGI, can you invest more into actually developing this game!?

Yeah let's stop buying mechs so they go out of business!! That will teach them to fix stuff and stop trying to make money!!!

PS: Maybe actually learn before you speak? They're working tweaking Assault mode for one. Also, should they just make massive changes and see what happens or test before they do? BTW, add what exactly? I said exactly, so if you plan to say new "stuff", don't waste your time.

#53 Talos7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 130 posts
  • LocationCesspool that is post 2016 Washington DC

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:16 PM

I like that Clans are getting more 'Mechs, that way its not just a flood of EBJs and other heavy 'Mechs. I'm happy that there is a new Clan medium or two on the horizon as I've grown tired of the SCR and even the Nova (which i freaking love). But clans still need another light much or twelve to help make that light class be useful.

yea that was slightly off topic.. but I hope the new medium is as fun to play with as it is good looking!

#54 VorpalValedictus

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:21 PM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 13 June 2016 - 01:15 PM, said:

Yeah let's stop buying mechs so they go out of business!! That will teach them to fix stuff and stop trying to make money!!!

PS: Maybe actually learn before you speak? They're working tweaking Assault mode for one. Also, should they just make massive changes and see what happens or test before they do? BTW, add what exactly? I said exactly, so if you plan to say new "stuff", don't waste your time.

There are NUMEROUS bug fixes to attend to. There are little organizational things in the UI that can be fixed. Lore should be implemented. All CW3 is are the previous versions except now you can gain MC--oh great, so wonderful. It still has no other meaning..the different factions don't have their own unique flavors.

All one has to do is trawl through the "suggestions" forum to find a LOT of gems that can be easily implemented..I'm not even talking about the major coding changes/additions that need to happen. For a game that has been out for ~4 years, it certainly doesn't come across as a game that has been out for that long.

View PostPFC Carsten, on 13 June 2016 - 01:13 PM, said:

letting the players sort themselves out for a world championship out of 200.

HOLY CRAP I actually forgot about the absolute MESS this "world tournament" has been. You have to personally send screenshots to Paul? You're saying the special tournament client doesn't have the capabilities of record games with no bias? Don't even get me started on the atrocity of communication between opposing team captains.

Edited by VorpalValedictus, 13 June 2016 - 01:26 PM.

#55 eggyh4ck99BarrelsAndRumAint1Yar

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:26 PM

People should be happy PGI is working on your game adding new mechs every month.
Doing things like the rescale with the AVAILABLE RESOURCES that they have.
Thank you russ for continuing work on mwo keeping it alive despite trolls, forum flamers, and haters.

Is the game perfect? no
Will it ever be perfect? no
Will progress continue to be made? yes

Personal things I would like to see in mwo someday
Large planetside style maps. solaris 1v1 ranked. betting. tanks. infantry. jets. helicopters. base building? placeable assets

#56 no one

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 533 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:27 PM

So it's give or take
81 kph
6 energy, 2 missile, 1 ballistic
5 jump
endo+ferro
2x A-Pods (Which will be removed or replaced. Coding a new weapons system is not something I see PGI doing.)

So it will be good, I guess? Meh.

[OffTopic]

View PostW E N D I G O, on 13 June 2016 - 11:50 AM, said:

Posted Image

I thought the technical hurdle of the "Energy Draw" system was that it was another redundant ghost-heat band-aid to the the poorly expressed high capacity heat system.

Which works logically only if the money is a magical fuel PGI burns to produce results. Or that a reasonable portion of it is going to pay for competent programmers. Or that the oversight of the game's direction and development as a whole isn't left to people whose oversight led to some of the things we have now.

(Besides, as far as I know the COMMUNITY wanted CW, so PGI did what WE wanted. Since everyone wants a differnt kind of CW, we end up with what we got so far.
IMHO such a game-mode is more fitting to a Solo-player game, not a multi-player title, but who am I to judge?)

Please explain how people having different visions of something leads to a complete lack of vision on PGI's part?

That's more a reflection of their lack of business savvy and imagination than anything. There's plenty of things PGI could be monetizing without going P2W which they aren't doing, or do badly. There's tons more I could say here or above but. . . MEH.

[/OffTopic]

Edited by no one, 13 June 2016 - 01:30 PM.

#57 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:28 PM

I don't run clan at all so have to skip this pack (I don't mind chipping in my share as much as I play when I can, just can't do clan ;) ) but for all you clanners it does look like a pretty sweet mech to add to your stables.

I look forward to meeting you all on the field and testing out your shiny new rides this autumn! :)

#58 VorpalValedictus

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:29 PM

View Posteggyh4ck, on 13 June 2016 - 01:26 PM, said:

Thank you russ for continuing work on mwo keeping it alive despite trolls, forum flamers, and haters.

I'm not trolling, or hating, or attempting to flame. I'm pointing out the many developmental flaws that PGI has consistently been making. I am one of many voices of people who have spent $ on this game and have been severely jaded.

View Posteggyh4ck, on 13 June 2016 - 01:26 PM, said:

Personal things I would like to see in mwo someday
Large planetside style maps. solaris 1v1 ranked. betting. tanks. infantry. jets. helicopters. base building? placeable assets

Keep dreaming.

#59 A Man In A Can

• 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:33 PM

Alrighty then. That answers that.

#60 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:37 PM

Me wants annihilator!