#81 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 01:38 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 13 June 2016 - 11:33 AM, said:

That's the concept art, just inverted colors (take the picture to an image editing software and invert the colour and it'll be obvious it's the concept art)

Android tablet. Had thought of that but was so tired when I got home from work I crashed for 11 hours. Finally woke up from my quick nap.

#82 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 01:52 AM

View PostRampage, on 13 June 2016 - 11:40 AM, said:

This is just the announcement we used to get during Town Halls. There are no more Town Halls so we get this announcement and then a few days down the road we will get all the information with the Early Adopter rewards and the pre-order information.

Russ declared he was going to have a summer vacation back in May when the last Road Map took place and it's subsequent update, which covered into July.

This is why we haven't had any town halls lately.

Edited by Koniving, 14 June 2016 - 01:54 AM.

#83 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 01:58 AM

View PostLOADED, on 13 June 2016 - 11:38 AM, said:

"hello kill me" cockpit-hitbox?

Posted Image

To note: Does the Battle master or Hellbringer ring any bells?

Hell bringer has a huge bubble cockpit, actual hitbox is a dot too damn small for a laser to hit perfectly while stationary.
Battle master's hitbox is the smallest window pane.

Rest of any head hitbox is considered part of the ct or in some cases ST.

#84 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:26 AM

Was said in some town hall video that Mechs will roll out at the least one per month, I think it is a good thing as many players don't have their favorite Mech yet. Sadly there is also the Era that limit selection but still there is plenty to do ( 3025 to 3051, that makes lots of Mechs ) I don't think it affects other parts of the game but I do assume that the Mech per month is a life line for the game. That said, those who like the Mech, hey just get it. The others, well wait for the next.

Even if Im a Merc, the DC is my heart and soul but I have to say that clanner Mech seem a fine machine to me.

Edited by TheLuc, 14 June 2016 - 07:53 AM.

#85 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:33 AM

Another Jumpjet Mech ...No with this restictions in Build for Clanmechs (seeing Direwhale) ,most Place going for JJs (JJ in evry Zone)

#86 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:55 PM

View PostKoniving, on 14 June 2016 - 01:58 AM, said:

To note: Does the Battle master or Hellbringer ring any bells?

I don't know what battlemasters you are playing but those i play getting their cockpit armor wrecked to the point where i am more worried about receiving a headshot then loosing a side torso. Almost every single game.

Edited by LOADED, 14 June 2016 - 10:57 PM.

#87 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 14 June 2016 - 11:12 PM

I like that we are getting more Clan mechs. Clans desperately need more mechs, and more effective mechs especially. The Viper and the Huntsman are a step in the right direction in this case. Now, if only they'd add the Horned Owl.....

#88 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:59 AM

While we're at it, all available within timeline:

Locust IIC25 tons
Commando IIC 25 tons
UrbanMech IIC 30 tons
Wolfhound IIC 35 tons

Griffin IIC 40 tons
Shadow Hawk IIC 45 tons
Conjurer/Hellhound (a.k.a. Wolverine IIC) 50 tons

Rifleman IIC 65 tons

Warhammer IIC 80 tons
Phoenix Hawk IIC 80 tons
Marauder IIC 85 tons

#89 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 02:44 AM

View PostLOADED, on 14 June 2016 - 10:55 PM, said:

I don't know what battlemasters you are playing but those i play getting their cockpit armor wrecked to the point where i am more worried about receiving a headshot then loosing a side torso. Almost every single game.

Try using armor?

http://assets-cloud....nal/2216436.jpg
http://assets-cloud....nal/2216445.jpg
That's the hitbox external and internal (pink). That is where **** has to hit to affect the cockpit. So if you see lasers or such hit there defend yourself.

The issue is that it's a low front panel and a good light strategy is to get at your feet and aim up at that panel.
So don't let them.

#90 DarthHias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 04:07 AM

Please don´t bring the Locust IIC into the game. I couldn´t log off anymore Posted Image

#91 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 04:24 AM

View PostKoniving, on 15 June 2016 - 02:44 AM, said:

Try using armor?

http://assets-cloud....nal/2216436.jpg
http://assets-cloud....nal/2216445.jpg
That's the hitbox external and internal (pink). That is where **** has to hit to affect the cockpit. So if you see lasers or such hit there defend yourself.

The issue is that it's a low front panel and a good light strategy is to get at your feet and aim up at that panel.
So don't let them.

Thanks mate, armor is always maxed out on my battlemasters (same as for my hunchies and shadowhawks).
From what i have seen, it is mostly unintentional returnfire from trading.
Tho, sitting in a battlemaster i've learned that their Cockpit is a relative easy target.

#92 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 04:43 AM

View PostLOADED, on 15 June 2016 - 04:24 AM, said:

Thanks mate, armor is always maxed out on my battlemasters (same as for my hunchies and shadowhawks).
From what i have seen, it is mostly unintentional returnfire from trading.
Tho, sitting in a battlemaster i've learned that their Cockpit is a relative easy target.

I almost never have this problem, perhaps your tier is filled with more people who try for headshots? Moving happens so much in mine that headshots are pretty fruitless and a running battle master weaves from side to side. You're not a stationary shooter I hope? Need to keep moving. That side to side movement it does is all I need to skirt by with 2 armor.

I never hold still. I might move slowly but never stationary outside of cover and even then I twist and observe my surroundings rather than stare toward the enemy.

This is about as stationary as I get.

And I am a very face-time DPS heavy player who doesn't twist as much as I should.

Edited by Koniving, 15 June 2016 - 04:53 AM.

#93 Aethermech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 117 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 05:44 AM

*sigh* it would be nice to see a new mech post that's not full of the same copy paste whining from the same 15-30 people who spend too much time on the forums. as a new player to the game myself it's very disheartening and kinda disturbing to see the "vets" vent in every post, regardless of topic. I've survived more MMO dark ages than i'd care to admit. any one remember the first few years of WoT? Every game has growing pains, PGI took a VERY abitious goal of trying to put out a game that had every base covered from the start, to mixed results. Koodos to them for trying hard. Does the game need work YES. Does the community have the right to whine a bit, sure why not. Does the community need to whine in every post, NO!!!!! Should PGI listen to the community for improvements, maybe, that's a really fine line because you can't make everyone happy. Bottom line for my post, Mech looks amazing have my money. Will I contribute to the "improvement plans" for the game yes but i'll do it in a more constructive way in a post that's dedicated to posting idea's for improvements and not a new mech release.

#94 Gerwig

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 06:25 PM

Not spending a dime on a new mech until I see something good actually happen to the game. Just thought I would voice my opinion here. FP3 or whatever we are calling it now was a joke. Currently there are tumbleweeds instead of ppl queued up during NA primetime. Scout queues are empty(lol).I stuck around this game with hopes for a decent faction play. I guess it was a a waste of time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users