• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:44 AM

View Post1453 R, on 10 October 2016 - 11:36 AM, said:

In either of those cases, though, it'd probably make more sense to either run dual cERPPCs with a TC7, or a TC1 and as many heat sinks as you can hit, or swap out one of the PPCs for more Goose ammo and, again, heat sinks. You can pack the 2+G armament onto a Huntsman, but the sacrifices you make for it are pretty steep. Seems more like something the HBK-IIC-C might handle better, though the hardpoints are obviously not placed as nicely and you lose a ton of speed and jumping power. You get to keep the third ton of Gauss ammo, though. And also most of your armor.

Has the benefit of matching pace with the Night Gyrs it would be complementing, though the arm-mounted PPCs would be problematic for toaster pastry work. Hn. You know, it really might just be a twitch too much armament for a 50-ton 'Mech to carry comfortably kinna regardless.

No pun intended, but it's really up in the air until we see it in action. I mean, no doubt that the twin ERPPC HBK-IIC will run cooler, with faster moving ERPPC that crits a lot easier. However, the HMN would have 50% more damage output per salvo, and if it really, absolutely had to keep shooting, the Gauss is ice cold. Or even just, as you say, 1 Gauss 1 ERPPC with a Mk 6 TC, which should be cool enough for the 10 integrated DHS to handle, mostly, with slightly better placement of the ERPPC over the Hunchback.

It's a toss up. I'm genuinely curious what the comp crowd is going to do with the mech, since it has a lot going for it and a few minor knocks against it.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 10 October 2016 - 12:06 PM.

#142 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:39 PM

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

where are my countdown preview teasers and such? Also the same info for loyalty rewards?

RABBLER ABBLENAIH:WIIFH:OISAhgisdhngizdn;

#143 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 10:26 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 10 October 2016 - 09:28 AM, said:

I hear there is a mythical game mode which assigns a tonnage limit. Also, competitive drops where it might be weight class limited, such as a 2-2-2-2 deck. It might not make sense in puglandia, but there are good reasons for it to be used.

Why would you not pick a more appropriate loadout though than a glass cannon with self confessed not enough heat capacity and ammo? I presume you ubah l33t pilots do prefer effective over gimmick one trick pony builds?

#144 Jaspbo1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 232 posts
  • LocationWoah

Posted 11 October 2016 - 02:15 AM

You know PGI...This could be the moment where the Clan's get a 'mech that specializes in C-(U)AC/LBX 2's.
I'd buy that for more than a dollar if that's the case, a Clan BJ would be a nice addition to the roster.

#145 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 05:54 AM

View PostAramuside, on 10 October 2016 - 10:26 PM, said:

Why would you not pick a more appropriate loadout though than a glass cannon with self confessed not enough heat capacity and ammo? I presume you ubah l33t pilots do prefer effective over gimmick one trick pony builds?

Because if you hit it once, hard enough, the target is no longer a threat. Maximize the lethality, and a follow through is unnecessary. Also hits the 35 PPFLD point, which is just enough to headshot anything in a single hit, regardless of max armor. Comp matches are usually not 12v12, and play totally different from the public nascar. A more static, poptarty setup would be perfectly appropriate in that scenario. If you have several mechs working together, communicating, and focusing fire, you might only need one or two shots before the target ceases to exist. In which case, heat inefficiency is not a huge issue.

Besides, look at the competitive Hunchback IIC. They already exist, rocking two ERPPC and a Mk 7 TC. The core concept is there, it is being used, and any issue you have with it is unrelated to it existing. I have an issue with LRM huntsmen concepts, but I know someone is going to throw 8xLRM5 on them. My personal stance on it is aside from the fact that it can and will exist. Terrible and inefficient, but it will exist.

From a CW drop deck standpoint, if you like to poptart, and can only play with 240 tons of mech, and happen to own several TBR 2xERPPC 1xGauss metatart, the most you can field would be two, with filler mechs for the remainder. You can fit three Tartmen for the same tonnage investment, and still have room left over for another TBR metatart.

Again, not my personal taste on the matter. However, it makes sense in the context of both a competitive deck and a tonnage limited dropdeck.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 11 October 2016 - 05:58 AM.

#146 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 11 October 2016 - 07:35 AM

Countdown?

#147 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 11 October 2016 - 07:41 AM

I want to see what the inside of the cockpit looks like.

#148 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 07:45 AM

View PostNatred, on 11 October 2016 - 07:41 AM, said:

I want to see what the inside of the cockpit looks like.

You and me both. There are a lot of high visibility, high glass IS cockpits, but not too many Clan ones. I'm really hoping it will have an unobstructed field of view.

#149 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 02:10 PM

View PostKinski Orlawisch, on 11 October 2016 - 07:35 AM, said:

Countdown?

Yeah I was wondering that myself. We were at day 7 yesterday so unless my math is wrong we should be counting down to day 6 today which should be bringing with it a new reveal, however no countdown seems to be taking place.

#150 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 12 October 2016 - 04:11 PM

This game needs a community manager.

#151 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat