Countdown To The Phoenix Hawk Release Day!

195 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:59 AM

COUNTDOWN TO PHOENIX HAWK - RELEASE JUNE 21ST!

PHOENIX HAWK :1 day to release

MECHLAB PREVIEW

Phoenix Hawk Mechlab preview with Phil

PHOENIX HAWK : 2 days to release

COCKPIT PREVIEW

PHOENIX HAWK : 3 days to release

SCALE COMPARISON*

*As compared to the rescaled mechs

see the patch notes for more details

PHOENIX HAWK : 4 days to release

FACTION PATTERNS

PHOENIX HAWK : 5 days to release

QUIRKS

PHOENIX HAWK : 6 days to release

DESKTOP IMAGES

JUMPJET

ATLAS TAKEDOWN

AMBUSH

PHOENIX HAWK : 7 days to release

TITLES AND BADGES

STANDARD TITLE:

The Flame

BADGE:

COLLECTORS TITLE:

The Phoenix

COLLECTORS BADGE:

*Collectors edition comes with both titles and badges

#2 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:03 AM

I'm still holding fingers crossed that at least some of the variants will have "single barreled" pistols with the second energy hardpoint being side-mounted on the wrist (like the original TRO artwork and concept art).

#3 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:13 AM

just about 20K xp to go and wrap up mastering my LCT's.. that's all mechs mastered and ready to start on these little birdies! Been clearing out the list to be ready..... Can't wait to get started! :)

Has there been any word officially on the hitbox assignment/handling of those shoulder pods?

#4 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:24 AM

Personally, I'm surprised they didn't come up with a Variant that would be the Inner Sphere answer to the ShadowCat. As in, one with 'ECM and MASC' together but without AMS, unlike all the variants that are already there with 'AMS and ECM' or 'AMS and MASC'. Sure it wouldn't have been canon, but could have been called a '3X' for the interesting cross of speed and stealth defense. Anyway, hasn't there already been a fair few deviations? It doesn't seem to me like doing this would have been bad at all. :mellow:

~D. V. "But hey, that's just my crazy opinion..." Devnull

#5 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:36 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 14 June 2016 - 08:03 AM, said:

I'm still holding fingers crossed that at least some of the variants will have "single barreled" pistols with the second energy hardpoint being side-mounted on the wrist (like the original TRO artwork and concept art).

Cant see why not, even not I think its will still look pretty good.

Just a few more days... glad I have a 4 week vacation from work starting next week. Some of that time will be PH eliting... maybe Posted Image

#6 Greenburg Godzillas

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:41 AM

I have a question about the modules from the Early Adopter awards. What happens if you don't have the Skill bought with GXP? Will you still get the module? Will you get it but not be able to use it until you buy the skill? Will it give you level 1 in the skill with he module?

#7 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:02 AM

Commence mediocrity!

Sweet looking badges though.

#8 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:02 AM

SQUEEEEE!!!!

#9 Aethermech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 117 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:08 AM

I'm curios to see what the model actually looks like, the image above looks smoother and different from the Kuro they posted up a week or so ago

P.S. Do note that on the more forward facing artwork of the above modeled P.Hawk the left arm seems to have the vambrace mounted energy HP while the ballistic is underslung. I imagine that the double energy HP arms are all going to have the "blaster" body on them regardless of whats mounted.

Edited by Aethermech, 14 June 2016 - 09:11 AM.

#10 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:12 AM

View PostGreenburg Godzillas, on 14 June 2016 - 08:41 AM, said:

I have a question about the modules from the Early Adopter awards. What happens if you don't have the Skill bought with GXP? Will you still get the module? Will you get it but not be able to use it until you buy the skill? Will it give you level 1 in the skill with he module?

You will get the module but the skill will stay at zero if you haven't leveled it.

#11 Ronin13m

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 136 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:12 AM

I agree with you looking at the picture I am almost wondering if that is dual large lasers on the right arm. If that is the case I am fine with the dual gun but I hope that a stock load out would be one gun with both mediums in the vambraces. If its not I will be sad.

#12 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:13 AM

View PostAethermech, on 14 June 2016 - 09:08 AM, said:

I'm curios to see what the model actually looks like, the image above looks smoother and different from the Kuro they posted up a week or so ago

It looks like a big Firestarter tbh. I'm curious to see it on the field. Haven't bought it yet and probably only will for cBills(Masc and 1 ECM variant) + a hero.

Edited by Bluttrunken, 14 June 2016 - 09:14 AM.

#13 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:10 AM

View PostGreenburg Godzillas, on 14 June 2016 - 08:41 AM, said:

You will see it in your inventory, but it will be grayed out and unusable until you unlock the skill.

...kind of like my 360 deg targeting module I got from my Urbie pack... never leveled, never used....

#14 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:16 PM

Nice badge !

So let it come to the Battlefield !
We will see how it will perform against the Kodiaks (KDK-3) out there !

#15 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:24 PM

I may actually have to drop the money badge, I like the Phoenix.

#16 Malleus011

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:39 PM

What the heck is going on with double large lasers in the right arm pistol on a PHX-1(S)?

Are you guys posting screen caps of non-canon builds again? Please don't do that, it's confusing to new players when the screenshots don't match the loadouts.

Why isn't the second RA beam hardpoint on the back of the forearm?

#17 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 14 June 2016 - 01:10 PM

View PostMalleus011, on 14 June 2016 - 12:39 PM, said:

What the heck is going on with double large lasers in the right arm pistol on a PHX-1(S)?

Are you guys posting screen caps of non-canon builds again? Please don't do that, it's confusing to new players when the screenshots don't match the loadouts.

Why isn't the second RA beam hardpoint on the back of the forearm?

Uhm... that doesn't appear to be a double Large Laser. The Medium Laser is likely obscured by the other one in the image.

<*checks the other image on the front page*>

Yup, just as I thought. Look at http://static.mwomercs.com/img/hero/bg/8dbc6aa0653ffba2a2e348de7bb39d09.jpg in order to see that image at a different angle. This will allow you to view the Front Page image without it rotating away on you. You'll see it is NOT double Large Lasers. ;)

~D. V. "Clearing up the blindingly bright confusion..." Devnull

#18 Malleus011

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 01:16 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 14 June 2016 - 01:10 PM, said:

Uhm... that doesn't appear to be a double Large Laser. The Medium Laser is likely obscured by the other one in the image.

<*checks the other image on the front page*>

Yup, just as I thought. Look at http://static.mwomercs.com/img/hero/bg/8dbc6aa0653ffba2a2e348de7bb39d09.jpg in order to see that image at a different angle. This will allow you to view the Front Page image without it rotating away on you. You'll see it is NOT double Large Lasers. Posted Image

~D. V. "Clearing up the blindingly bright confusion..." Devnull

Thanks, that's something at least - the non-canon Archer screencaps caused a fair bit of confusion.

Pity the ML is making the 'double barreled' rifle, it really belongs in the empty spot in the right vambrace.

#19 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:11 PM

Such a tease... Blue and White Phoenix is insignia of my little unit, this badge is now a must have for me and my friend.

By the way one most appealing badges in this game.... Or I'm just bias to mythical birds.

#20 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 686 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:30 PM

This thing better have good quirks. So sick of PGI dropping the ball with quirks with the past several mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users