Countdown To The Phoenix Hawk Release Day!

195 replies to this topic

#181 Lizardman from Hollywood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:30 AM

Anyone else notice that they got the weight wrong on probably the most iconic medium mech in the cockpit video? Showing alot of love PGI.

#182 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 05:06 AM

Nice video of the cockpit. Somebody should let PGI know that the mech is 45 tons. I am sure they know this, I just can't help but nit pick. LOL

Unless of course it comes out and is only 40 tons, then people will be jacked up mad! LOL

#183 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:22 AM

These arms will be so easy to shoot off.

#184 Hadrogh

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:27 AM

View PostErdelmaine RANDIS, on 20 June 2016 - 04:19 AM, said:

Since WHEN is the Phönixhawk a 40 ton medium mech ?

Am I the first who noticed this error in the video ?[/center]

Be quiet. It might get bigger if they used 40t for scaling and need to "fix" it. :D

#185 Stuffer

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:30 AM

The PXH looked great in the preview stream! Of course, I'm still disappointed in the visual aspect of not having the medium laser/energy weapons go into the right forearm first. Unfortunately, having watched the stream, I can now see that we definitely won't be seeing that change made (at least not anytime soon). If you watch the preview, you can see that they modeled the larger ballistics to take up the forearm slot on the right arm. If they wanted to move the energy weapons to fill the forearm first instead, they'd have to totally model new underslung ballistic hardpoints or make it the second barrel on the double pistol. Either way, I imagine that would be far more work than they'd be willing to do.

It is still a gorgeous mech and I'm excited to hop into the cockpit later today.

Edited by Stuffer, 21 June 2016 - 06:31 AM.

#186 Vashramire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 419 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:40 AM

View PostStuffer, on 21 June 2016 - 06:30 AM, said:

The PXH looked great in the preview stream! Of course, I'm still disappointed in the visual aspect of not having the medium laser/energy weapons go into the right forearm first. Unfortunately, having watched the stream, I can now see that we definitely won't be seeing that change made (at least not anytime soon). If you watch the preview, you can see that they modeled the larger ballistics to take up the forearm slot on the right arm. If they wanted to move the energy weapons to fill the forearm first instead, they'd have to totally model new underslung ballistic hardpoints or make it the second barrel on the double pistol. Either way, I imagine that would be far more work than they'd be willing to do.

It is still a gorgeous mech and I'm excited to hop into the cockpit later today.

The -1 and I believe any with only 1 laser hard point in the left arm will have the larger ballistics in the pistol for that single pistol look and the laser in the firearm.

#187 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 21 June 2016 - 12:57 PM

View PostRonin13m, on 19 June 2016 - 12:54 PM, said:

Sorry but there is a Russ Tweet that sounds like they take damage so are part of the hit box.
https://twitter.com/...079338602016768

LOL doA then ;)

#188 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:59 AM

View PostCathy, on 21 June 2016 - 12:57 PM, said:

LOL doA then Posted Image

Not really. I've been shot down by one since the update. :mellow:

It dawns on me... Expect a temporary influx of players who've touched the "Halo" series, though. :o

~D. V. "Halo? Oooh-boy..." Devnull

#189 Stuffer

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:48 AM

If anyone would still like to see the second right arm energy hardpoint go into the vambrace/forearm instead of the second pistol barrel, tweet at Russ about it. The more people squawking, the more likely he'll be to take notice and make a change.

#190 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:54 AM

View PostStuffer, on 28 June 2016 - 08:48 AM, said:

If anyone would still like to see the second right arm energy hardpoint go into the vambrace/forearm instead of the second pistol barrel, tweet at Russ about it. The more people squawking, the more likely he'll be to take notice and make a change.

I doubt there's any chance to change it now, the mech is sold now, they probably don't care anymore.

#191 Stuffer

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:02 AM

More than likely true, but I'm still going to nag him (nicely ;)) until he says definitively one way or another.

#192 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:03 AM

I love the double pistols. Second laser in the forearm would be ugly.

Please leave Russ alone on Twitter. People like you hounding him over silly stuff makes him less likely to answer important things.

Edited by LT. HARDCASE, 28 June 2016 - 09:04 AM.

#193 Stuffer

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:04 AM

I don't mind the double pistol myself either. But I'd personally much prefer the mech to match closer to the original concept than what it currently is. Make the 3 energy arm variants use the double pistol and the 2 energy arm variants use a single pistol.

#194 Stuffer

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:19 AM

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 28 June 2016 - 09:03 AM, said:

I love the double pistols. Second laser in the forearm would be ugly.

Please leave Russ alone on Twitter. People like you hounding him over silly stuff makes him less likely to answer important things.

Sheesh, people like me huh? I'm not "hounding" him at all actually. I've sent a few twitter messages his way over the last 2 weeks about my (and others) concern. I've also sent him lots of messages of praise for the new minimap setup (post hotfix), rescale, frozen city, etc.

I'm simply trying to keep the issue alive in hopes of getting an official response to put it to rest finally, one way or another. I'm not asking people to hound him or flood his twitter, just to bring up the issue so he knows there are still people who would like to see a change. Thanks to our conversations here and on twitter, Russ at least acknowledged our concerns during the last Town Hall but didn't provide an answer.

In your opinion, it would be ugly and I can't argue with that. That is a perfectly valid opinion! In my opinion, it is ugly with nothing in the forearm. Simple as that.

Is this a minor, cosmetic issue? Yes. Is it important to some of us? Certainly. Are there more important issues to address in the game? Most definitely!

Edited by Stuffer, 28 June 2016 - 09:34 AM.

#195 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 06 July 2016 - 05:41 PM

You wanna Tweet something at Russ, do like me and beg for arm durability buffs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users