#1 ZaouSai

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 7 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMexico

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:30 AM

As the title suggests we could really use more events dosn't matter what type of event. Whether it be for FP or QP. I know I'm not the only one feeling the dwindling in numbers since the last few events. Event's keep things interesting adding extra incentives to be on MWO as long as possible each day. Was really enjoyed how the last few events were fairly close to each other alternating between FP and QP. Would really appreciate it if there could be a new event every two weeks at the very least. Furthermore I know that there will probably be mini events for the Phoenix Hawk and other new mech's coming out soon like there was for the kodiak and although these types of events are appreciated they tend to marginalize the already dwindling player base. An actual hopefully lore inspired event might bring back old players and give incentive for new ones to join more frequently.

-Thank you
For all your hard work on MWO so far, looking forward to the new patch and the new mech's.
o7

#2 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 June 2016 - 11:59 PM

According Russ tweets (9 June), a "solid event" should be planned for this weekend.
I agree that this game needs more events. I will also introduce daily goals and rewards, like in Heartstone.

#3 AfterBurn914

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 05:57 PM

With these events, can we get more opportunities to win colors for customization of our mechs as well? I think I have seen 1 color pigment offered in the few months I have been playing, and it would be awesome to have a few more opportunities to win them. And I really like the idea of more events, and agree whole heartedly they add something to game time.

#4 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:24 PM

View PostAfterBurn914, on 16 June 2016 - 05:57 PM, said:

With these events, can we get more opportunities to win colors for customization of our mechs as well? I think I have seen 1 color pigment offered in the few months I have been playing, and it would be awesome to have a few more opportunities to win them. And I really like the idea of more events, and agree whole heartedly they add something to game time.

I have played this game since February. Colors were offered in 2 events: Valentine event 14th Feb and the unseen event some months ago. I got 4 colors from events.

#5 Max Von Lakes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 164 posts
  • LocationThe Lakes, England

Posted 18 June 2016 - 09:47 AM

I think the majority of the player base would benefit, and enjoy, a double C-Bill event. Nothing too fancy, just whatever C-Bills you normally earn would be doubled for a weekend.

New players (and even players with <1 years game time) have an AMAZING array of 'mechs available to them...but earning the C-Bills to buy, equip, re-equip, and re-re-equip your 'mechs can take a looonnnggg time.

A helping hand with the C-Bills is always nice - particularly with summer being here, with it's own attractions of beer, barbecues, and bikinis - I might stay out of the pub to earn some space pennies...mightPosted Image

I'm sure even the space rich would participate, either to further their own epeen, or donate to their units coffersPosted Image

#6 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 23 June 2016 - 12:44 AM

Oh no please not.....please, please not more grind events like the ongoing.
Ppl play even more selfish and "rush in suicide" like than rather "take your time and play a good match" like during such events.

One very very important thing about this game is: "Do not rush things, don't aim for instant satisfaction"

If you want to get some fancy stuff support the developers and shed some money.

#7 Wuxian

Members

• PipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 02:59 AM

I can only support having at least 2 events per month. With the current schedule, one could be a leaderboard + personal challenge (I immensely enjoy cumulative goals by the way) event and then an otherwise themed one in addition (FP/QP/Lore).

Props to the guys who created the events for the new mechs like the last Phoenix event, I think that's exactly the perfect amount of effort and reward balance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users