Who Runs The House Teamspeak Server? It Died.

43 replies to this topic

#1 AnTi90d

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 15 June 2016 - 09:45 AM

HK TS server Housekurita.tserverhq.com has been dead for over an hour.

IDK if it has anything to do with this: http://house-kurita.enjin.com/inactive

Do we have to pay $30 a month to have the Teamspeak server?

If so, why don't we organize another option.. because, with FP participation down, I don't think there's enough interest to justify $30 a month for a TS server and a website that no one really uses. Our TS server is also haphazardly organized and could stand a revamp. Go look at the FRR TS hub. frrhub.ddns.net:9725 PW: Dragon It's extremely new-user friendly. The room list is intuitively setup and well organized.

#2 ZaouSai

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:36 PM

We don't have to pay a dime. There are other VoIP services with better quality and that use less resources out there like discord for example. A few of us that where on the TS hub have been using this Discord server.
Kurita Community Discord ======> https://discord.gg/0yeo4U7XZfKjdo8N <====== Kurita Community Discord

#3 AnTi90d

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 04:02 PM

Thanks, but I'm more inclined to break loyalty and move to FRR than download yet another VOIP program.. or use a service that requires I keep a web browser running behind the game.. especially with all of my Firefox plugins and extensions that would be simultaneously running. (****, I might actually find some real FP battles over there, too. I've already been considering moving to Viking country based on our faction's abysmal population. I'd sorely miss my SOL paint job, though.)

#4 slide

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 15 June 2016 - 04:12 PM

Just download the stand alone Discord Client then and you wont need to have a browser open.

#5 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 04:32 PM

Strana Mechty is free to all, 512 slots available. I am sure Cyphersphere would be willing to consider allowing a faction to have a section of it to keep folks working together. It is labeled the Clan Hub, but its always a workable thing.

#6 nundin

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 05:55 PM

bumping the post could we get this stickeyd please mods?

#7 GalahadVGL13

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 15 June 2016 - 11:04 PM

bump

#8 Anchovy

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:33 AM

It's summer holidays in NA I believe. The TS isn't a service by PGI, someone volunteered. He isn't paid for doing this as far as I know so maybe a bit more understanding is in order. If the feeling is it cannot be down for over an hour....one can always volunteer...

#9 AnTi90d

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:49 AM

Well, it's been down all day, now, and I've never personally seen the guy that was paying for the HK website, in-game, in-coms or in this forum, (I'm just assuming the site is tied to the TS server,) so I'll just call it:

We're screwed and House Kurita is dead..

..unless someone actually loves Kurita enough to shell out ~$3 a month to rent a TS server.. and has the patience to recreate each room.

If you guys are going to go with Discord.. it's been fun. I had some great matches and I truly enjoyed running with all most of you. It was the only thing that made MWO feel less like fighting 12 AI bots with 11 AI bots on my side and more like playing with real people, like I sorely missed from MW4. Hell, even if we didn't have the numbers to even form up a FP group, quickplaying with my fellow Kuritans was a ton more fun than just quickplaying with the silent potatoes that populate most of the game. I'll keep my allegiance a few days, even though I have little-to-no interest in going back to solo QP potato land, just in case **** fixes itself. If we're still com-less this weekend, or if HK is really moving to Discord, I'm moving to Viking land. (Well, rather.. I'll break loyalty and have no reason to even play the game for a solid week.. so if I haven't quit by the time I'm able to re-declare allegiance, I'll go to Viking land.)

#10 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:58 AM

Welcome to the FRR.
Posted Image

Edited by Mech The Dane, 16 June 2016 - 01:06 AM.

#11 Adverse Reaction

• Pip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:06 AM

The Mad Jarl is always watching...

#12 Anchovy

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:25 AM

Like I said, it's summer holidays for the NA players, if you feel entitled to a person manning a TS 24/7...well....
Alternatives have been suggested and some of us are already on it. If it is that tedious...again....well....

#13 ZaouSai

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:17 AM

I still don't get why switching to a superior VoIP service is such a huge issue. The File size is relatively small and the download takes no more then a minute on most connections.

Posted Image

If by chance you just don't feel like learning how to use a new VoIP service. Quite a few less then tech savvy individuals didn't take more then 5 minutes to get everything set up including the in game overlay. Though they have a great resource page for any doubts you might have. http://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us

Posted Image
Posted Image

You can download Discord Desktop at http://discordapp.com/download

Also available for Mac, Android and iOS. Linux coming soon!

Edited by ZaouSai, 16 June 2016 - 10:33 AM.

#14 FallingAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 627 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:21 AM

One person pays for the T.S. server out of his own pocket. Unfortunately due to LIFE things he won't be able to pay for the TS server till the end of the month. If you want to paypal him the money for this month i'm sure he'd be happy to reactivate the server sooner.
Until the we've moved to discord https://discordapp.c...yeo4U7XZfKjdo8N

#15 nundin

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:41 AM

bumptty bump

#16 Murphy7

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:40 AM

Discord sounds lovely and all, though I can do without the proselytizing and ad hominem attacks on people just because they don't immediately feel like getting another online communication service running on their computer.

Many units maintain their own TS servers, and last night we had an organized 12 person group + others in our TS (find the channel information at www.9thsword.org, left hand side of the page) - we were a mix of 9SD, Arkab, 6RNT, KX, SRMX and some individual unaffiliated pilots and had a very good run making attacks on Jezersko last evening.

Other units have their TS info shared in the recruitment forums, I would encourage people to connect through the in game messaging and visiting other units TS servers as well, whether they also enjoy discord or not.

#17 SteamCharts Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:20 AM

View PostAnTi90d, on 16 June 2016 - 12:49 AM, said:

We're screwed and House Kurita is dead..

Current events not a symptom of House Kurita being dead. More a symptom of something else being dead.

#18 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:29 AM

I heard the Davions sabotaged the server in hopes of throwing Dear Coordinator's forces in disarray...

>.>

<.<

v.v

^.^

#19 Chameleon257

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:32 AM

Most of the council is on Hangouts. Oops it's super secret! Damnit how did Aylward get in the hangout!?

This Davion thing might have merrit hmmmmm

Edited by Chameleon257, 17 June 2016 - 07:33 AM.

#20 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:01 PM

I will apologize to folks now about the server drop, its me that runs and pays for the hub server. The current contract expired, I wasn't online for several days because my pc required a complete reinstall, so didn't see it drop immediately.

This has been compounded by having to pay out to repair my vehicle this month after a drunk driver rammed it at the end of last month. All topped off with a month where I have had 4 viral infections. So I hadn't really been keeping up on things online.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users