181 replies to this topic

#41 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:08 PM

View PostKnightshadowsong, on 16 June 2016 - 07:32 PM, said:

I love how you guys ignore the whole Phoenix Hawk pre order owners and only do the ones AFTER this one.

By this logic why don't we add the Marauder, Rifleman, Archer etc etc.

Sure PGI have their reasons for only selecting the last 4.. ..but maybe would be better to have run it with Phoenix Hawk, Cyclops & Viper, Night Gyr so there is an even split between clan and IS.. ..just a thought.

Perhaps the PH was not selling well, who knows..

#42 Pepito Sbazzeguti

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:33 PM

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 16 June 2016 - 07:15 PM, said:

Can't hold all these bonus redemptions. Imagine the bad luck it'd take to go through all 100 QP bags and 100 bonus bags, yet still miss the grand prize.

It'll happen to some poor soul. Sorry dude.

I've always been too cheap to actually buy a second XL400. I need that.

well, if you have 100 bags and miss the prize you have at least 100.0000 x 100 cnbills in average and a lots of prizes so not bad..

Still need some love for founders and phoenix guys, they are the first believe in you PGI, dont forget them!

I love how you guys ignore the whole Phoenix Hawk pre order owners and only do the ones AFTER this one. even though no bonus's have been given for the Hawk's pre order holders. I humbly request that the Phoenix Hawk be added to the free 25 redemptions bonus. it's not fair to the rest of us that you guys ignore this pack well focusing on the others.

Phoenix Hawk will be rewarned with the next week leaderboard event.

#43 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:37 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 16 June 2016 - 08:08 PM, said:

By this logic why don't we add the Marauder, Rifleman, Archer etc etc.

Sure PGI have their reasons for only selecting the last 4.. ..but maybe would be better to have run it with Phoenix Hawk, Cyclops & Viper, Night Gyr so there is an even split between clan and IS.. ..just a thought.

Perhaps the PH was not selling well, who knows..

We have already had a bonus for the Phoenix Hawk in the Luck Charm's event.

#44 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:58 PM

View PostKali Rinpoche, on 16 June 2016 - 08:37 PM, said:

We have already had a bonus for the Phoenix Hawk in the Luck Charm's event.

Ahhh there we go then.. ..that makes sense.

#45 Centurio GER

• Pip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 16 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:28 PM

Lucky me that my new secondary account needs c-bills and gxp. Posted Image

#46 DarthHias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:40 PM

And the whiners are out in force.
Did you realize this time there is no bad grab? So just play enjoy free stuff. I you don´t need an XL400 sell it. Or buy a mech that can use it (Battlemaster, Banshee)

#47 EntilzhaPryde

Rookie

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:30 PM

View PostDarthHias, on 16 June 2016 - 09:40 PM, said:

And the whiners are out in force.
Did you realize this time there is no bad grab? So just play enjoy free stuff. I you don´t need an XL400 sell it. Or buy a mech that can use it (Battlemaster, Banshee)

Ooh, ooh,
"whine on"
I can not fit a 400xl in my new shiney PHX, can i get a custom variant to fit my grand prize engine.
"whine off"

Okay, got that out of my system....

#48 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:42 PM

loot loot loot loot loot

#49 ChewBaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 264 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 12:06 AM

Not sure if this is enough to drag my *** away from Overwatch, but I might get a few games in to try my luck.

#50 Grinster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 June 2016 - 12:42 AM

View PostTriordinant, on 16 June 2016 - 06:32 PM, said:

LOL, maybe I'll do it for the hanging dice and moar free warhorns.

There is always a spot in my Mechlab for more warhorns

#51 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 12:54 AM

I love how you guys ignore the whole Phoenix Hawk pre order owners and only do the ones AFTER this one. even though no bonus's have been given for the Hawk's pre order holders. I humbly request that the Phoenix Hawk be added to the free 25 redemptions bonus. it's not fair to the rest of us that you guys ignore this pack well focusing on the others.

UGH...this has been covered already... people who pre-ordered the phoenix hawk already had a bonus redemption during the lucky charms 2 event in March as did the Kodiak buyers.

Bonus Redemption Opportunities
  • If you own a Kodiak pre-order pack of any level you will receive 25 bonus redem
    ptions.
  • If you own a Phoenix Hawk pre-order pack you will receive 25 bonus redemptions.

Edited by Dee Eight, 17 June 2016 - 07:17 AM.

#52 avenger cannon

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:36 AM

No Phoenix Hawk bonuses ? :|

Bonus Redemption Opportunities
  • If you own a Cyclops pre-order pack of any level you will receive 25 bonus redemptions.
  • If you own a Viper pre-order pack you will receive 25 bonus redemptions.
  • If you own a Night Gyr pre-order pack you will receive 25 bonus redemptions.
  • If you own a Huntsman pre-order pack you will receive 25 bonus redemptions.

#53 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:50 AM

Alright, here I go catching up again... Argh...

View PostMovinTarget, on 16 June 2016 - 12:22 PM, said:

Before anyone else complains...

EVERYONE GETS SOME FREE STUFF.

BE HAPPY!

View PostPraetorGix, on 16 June 2016 - 02:17 PM, said:

While you're right, there is free stuff, and then there is free stuff. The fact that Mechbays used to be a regular bag prize and now are the "grand" prize, added to the fact that they are actively ignoring the request for a MECH BAY SALE is a polite slap in the face.

View PostMovinTarget, on 16 June 2016 - 03:33 PM, said:

I know what you mean, but the reality is that MB are the only things they can assuredly ding the cheapo players for... you the the guys that have never spent a red cent on this game because they are under the mistaken assumption that a f2p game can actually survive without them shelling out a measily $15 for ten mech bays.

What would suggest they do is simply give paying customers the option to pick from an assortment of bonus rewards when the purchase a mech pack...

It could be an extra mechbay, it could be more cbills, even a few days premium time (as a giftable code). That way you pick what you need at the time...

I know this won't be popular with the non-spenders, but for all the qualms you may have with the product, there won't be a product at all if they can't pay staff, pay for web services, etc.

I know others used to pump hundreds into this game, they should prolly have some kind of legacy status so that they get something regardless of new investment.

But for the guys that don't spend a dime, sorry, your opinion probably carries as much value as you've put into the game.

Your words hold truth. But then there is also the currently not covered group of those who started this game only in the last half a year to a full year, and are still trying to decide if they wish to spend anything on MWO. I'm talking about people who are rather discerning about where they put their $$$, but start out looking like 'cheapo folk'. After the 'FW, Phase 3' fiasco, and the fact that getting any Mech Bays to survive on has become like an opposing force trying to pull teeth out of the faces of 'French Foreign Legion' members**, there are more of those people keeping their purse strings closed now. Why, you would ask? Being choked for something rather critical to basic gameplay mechanics (having your own mech designs built, stored, and prepared to play with), before you can even decide properly if you like a game enough to pay $$$ because you've actually had time to get a feel of things, tends to be an automatic turn-off that causes people to close their purse strings. This results in considerable self-hurt by PGI to their own revenue stream, which is going to break them in the end... not because they somehow still deserved money and were left hanging, but because they didn't due to their own errors. So, if they're not at least a little more willing to give out Mech Bays in events, or provide more sales for them in a reasonably timely manner, such that people don't collide with 'Pay Walls' and a 'choked feeling' so harshly, PGI will fall due to MWO getting considered another P2W mess. Personally, that's a result I dislike because I would have liked to see MWO survive a rather long time into the future, but that's naturally what happens to any company that becomes too focused on grabbing other peoples' $$$ without properly providing for their current and potential future customer bases. Mark my words, if PGI wasn't being so uptight over Mech Bays, they would have a larger revenue stream because newer players would be able to get into the groove and then feel like paying more $$$ happened to be worth it to boost MWO and PGI along. :(

(** -- a particular mental terminology I keep getting reminded about, because MWO's 'FW, Phase 3' is feeling much like a movie I watched a long time ago)

View PostTriordinant, on 16 June 2016 - 06:32 PM, said:

LOL, maybe I'll do it for the hanging dice and moar free warhorns.

View PostGrinster, on 17 June 2016 - 12:42 AM, said:

There is always a spot in my Mechlab for more warhorns

Same to be said of mine and many others. Let's hope we get some. :)

On one other note...

Various People said:

<<<various forms of harping over the Phoenix Hawk Redemption Bonuses>>>

I'm seeing people asking repeatedly about the Phoenix Hawk redemption bonuses. People, please, for the number of headaches and angry people it will avoid, READ THE WHOLE BLOODY DAMNED FLAMING THREAD FIRST BEFORE YOU EVER HAPPEN TO POST!!! :angry:

~Mr. D. V. "Not usually swinging across this many emotional extremes at one time..." Devnull

#54 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:00 AM

I wonder if there is a condition where a person can write, but not read...

I mean i can understand if the thread was 5 pages and it was buried....

#55 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:07 AM

And D V, to your point, it makes good marketing sense for this to happen, for the person to be incentivized to purchase that.one.last.mechpak. to join the special club. That,s not a new device of selling stuff...

I think my overall point is that in reality this is not a partnership. There is nothing contractual about PGI doing events like this and yet people complain and act entitled. I would be more willing to validate the behavior if it originates from users that have plunked down money (hance my "loyalty" suggestion) in this game, but we *know* many of those that make the most noise are those wanting specific free stuff so that they don't *have* to spend a cent. Not all, but many. PGI may have wiffed on a few things here and there, but don't expect them to just kill any and all revenue streams.

And since this is *not* contractual, I'd almost rather they made it so, that way everyone know exactly what they can/can't expect and no one can whine b/c its right there in black and white that when events happen, the bonus stuff will be available for customers that have done X in the last 6 months and even better for the ones that have done Y in the past year...

Edited by MovinTarget, 17 June 2016 - 02:47 AM.

#56 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:28 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 17 June 2016 - 02:07 AM, said:

And D V, to your point, it makes good marketing sense for this to happen, for the person to be incentived to purchase that.one.last.mechpak. to join the special club. Thats not a new device of selling stuff...

I understand that incentive idea isn't new, neither was I arguing against it. It sounds nice. :)

What I was trying to make note of however, is that for PGI to have people willingly give their $$$ to PGI in order to get even more stuff in MWO quickly, when those people are rather discerning and their Common Sense tells them to walk away if they run into a 'choke point' while they're still deciding, then it is on PGI to never create a situation where those newer potential customers 'feel so quickly choked' at the start in the first place. A mere four Mech Bays is not enough starting room to develop a proper stable of Mechs to initially jump into the fray with, and most of the 55 to achieve currently require far too much time investment now with 'FW, Phase 3' and its' nasty draconian rules. Things were at least palatable back with 'CW, Phase 2' when there used to be only 50 Mech Bays to achieve, and it was not so punishing to control your path to gaining them. But now PGI has gone too far, and made it a blatant case of "You want to play such that you'll win, and/or enjoy this game? You're going to have to pay $$$, even though our game was touted as 'Free To Play', which would usually imply 'Free To Enjoy' as well.", which has a 'choking effect' against new players who again are still deciding if they even want to be around MWO in the first place. Mech Bays are tied in to initial basic gameplay on such a beginning primordial level, such that without enough of them, then there is no chance to spend the needed time for understanding MWO, actually feel what the game is like, and become a competent player that wants to stick around, then following with the subsequent decision of if they want to pay $$$ to help keep MWO alive and growing. This might be a problem that PGI wouldn't have so easily faced if they had provided a starting stable of like 20 Mech Bays, as I've found it takes at least a stable of 8 to 12 outfitted Mechs just to properly play alongside most of the rest of the community. But, since they didn't, here we are now in this mad mess, wishing that PGI wasn't so punishing and uptight. :(

~Mr. D. V. "Trying to better convey and clarify my thoughts..." Devnull

#57 No One Lives Forever

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:45 AM

Jeez, 4 bays cost 6.95 USD and you got 50 MC left. Also you can get mech bays in many ways. Don't understand the whine about mech bays, mech bay sale. And yes, usually the biggest whiners are the ones not spending any money. It's nice to get something free, yes, it does not look nice when you whine about not getting something free.

#58 Ian G

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:51 AM

Woah, my world is crumbling down. PGI announced an event and D V Devnull wrote a mostly positive comment about it.Posted Image

I'm sincerly surprised and will try to play during the event. Seems to be worth it. Posted Image

#59 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:53 AM

DV,

Yes you can have a workable CW deck with 6-10 mechbays which is why its so frustrating that people would be *that* discerning about...

View PostNo One Lives Forever, on 17 June 2016 - 03:45 AM, said:

Jeez, 4 bays cost 6.95 USD and you got 50 MC left. Also you can get mech bays in many ways. Don't understand the whine about mech bays, mech bay sale. And yes, usually the biggest whiners are the ones not spending any money. It's nice to get something free, yes, it does not look nice when you whine about not getting something free.

So you have 4, plunk down $7 for 4 more, you'll get 2 more by level 6 as a loyalist... viola 10 MB at only a $7 investment.

Though I agree the learning curve on this game can be rather brutal, and they could do better getting players initiated/integrated.

Would almost like to see queues segregate for leveling mechs from leveled mechs so you are facing mechs of a similar efficiency level...

#60 No One Lives Forever

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:24 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 17 June 2016 - 03:53 AM, said:

DV,

Yes you can have a workable CW deck with 6-10 mechbays which is why its so frustrating that people would be *that* discerning about...

So you have 4, plunk down $7 for 4 more, you'll get 2 more by level 6 as a loyalist... viola 10 MB at only a $7 investment.

Though I agree the learning curve on this game can be rather brutal, and they could do better getting players initiated/integrated.

Would almost like to see queues segregate for leveling mechs from leveled mechs so you are facing mechs of a similar efficiency level...

Well, that would be $14, or rather 13.90, but i don't see a problem supporting game you like. Most AAA games cost way more than that, you play them for few days and drop it.. Anyway, i agree about the need to attract more players.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users