Mwo World Championship Podcast On Regional Qualifiers Https://www.twitch.tv/piranhagames

18 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:15 PM

The MWO World Championship is having a Podcast discussion about the Regional Qualifiers with BanditB17, Mdmzero0, Bombadil and Sean Lang!

At 4:30 PM PDT Today on:
https://www.twitch.tv/piranhagames

They will be reviewing the big stories of what happened in the Round-Robin stage and the great 3-Way Tie as well as discussing the exciting matches of the Regional Finals so far!

#2 Poonbahbah

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:30 PM

Was watching the Twitch with half an ear and heard something about one of the teams refusing to be casted and or rescheduling to avoid being casted. Hoping in the future they wont be able to refuse that and still be able to participate for a prize.

#3 PoorDecisions

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 124 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:37 PM

View PostPoonbahbah, on 16 June 2016 - 06:30 PM, said:

Was watching the Twitch with half an ear and heard something about one of the teams refusing to be casted and or rescheduling to avoid being casted. Hoping in the future they wont be able to refuse that and still be able to participate for a prize.

Jesus. I've been reading the twitch stream about this subject. People will whine about literally anything. Does the EULA or TOS or tournament rules obligate anyone to submit to being streamed?

Are you owed something? Did you pay to watch the match or something? (you as a collective you, not you personally --unless you're actually upset that some team declined to be streamed)

There are a TON of matches that haven't been streamed. This is a non-issue.

Edited by PoorDecisions, 16 June 2016 - 06:39 PM.

#4 Poonbahbah

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:51 PM

I don't think the EULA or TOS obligate anyone to being streamed. Which is something I think should be changed.

No. I'm not owed anything. But the teams playing for a cash prize should owe it to PGI to allow themselves to be streamed for posterity and as promotional material in my opinion.

Haven't been following this that closely but am sad to hear that a lot of matches haven't been streamed and wont eventually end up on PGI's you tube channel and what not.

#5 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:00 PM

Simple, all teams reschedule and refuse should push for a fix.

Poor planning by PGI to make a payout like for the players and to promote the game to have that kind of loophole. Live and learn on their part I guess lol.

#6 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 677 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:14 PM

So the team with the most people running low graphics settings and CAD programs in the background probably wins?

#7 No One Lives Forever

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:42 PM

View PostRamrod AI, on 16 June 2016 - 07:14 PM, said:

So the team with the most people running low graphics settings and CAD programs in the background probably wins?

I'd say, most likely.

#8 Yosharian

• Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:24 AM

Youtube hi-rez upload?

No?

**** it.

Edit: ok not too impressed with the skill level on these games but was able to switch to 'source' quality which wasn't actually too bad though still not good enough really, anyway was fairly entertaining, good casting overall so gj

Edited by Yosharian, 17 June 2016 - 08:52 AM.

#9 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:59 AM

View PostPoonbahbah, on 16 June 2016 - 06:30 PM, said:

Weird we got our asses handed to us in every casted match and we didn't complain. It was a bit embarrassing but that was on us for not preparing or even playing much. I was only upset that we didn't give a better match for the those watching than the fact we lost. Why people avoid casting is something I don't understand. I love watching the videos to see how we screwed up.

#10 Wibbledtodeath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:10 AM

Would you choose to be cast if you were running an exploit?

Disclaimer to be read in a rushed voice: I have no knowledge of any exploits being run, just shooting a possible motive for dodging the cameras, may not apply to any team.

Edited by Wibbledtodeath, 22 June 2016 - 04:12 AM.

#11 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:44 AM

View PostWibbledtodeath, on 22 June 2016 - 04:10 AM, said:

Would you choose to be cast if you were running an exploit?

Disclaimer to be read in a rushed voice: I have no knowledge of any exploits being run, just shooting a possible motive for dodging the cameras, may not apply to any team.

I think most of the teams which decline casting often suck in the extreme. This isn't always the case but I noticed a trend in the past where teams whom felt they were going to get embarrassed in a match declined having their match cast. Honestly having your match cast and being able to review the match from the Eagle's eye point of view is a great tool. Even if you get beat bad you get to learn from that but not everyone thinks that way.

#12 zzoxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 133 posts
  • LocationGermany - Eifel

Posted 23 September 2016 - 06:32 AM

My 2 cents: Chapeau to the shoutcasters and refs who are doing a great job and investing their time and efford to make it possible to watch at least some games. And i think this is the reason why not all matches are (and could be) streamed or whatever. Who will do all that work behind it?

If a team refuses to be casted there are more possible reasons than

- either being ashamed of the personal skill level
- is really cheating (can't imagine who would be so stupid?)

A lot of teams that refuse to be casted are rather top tier games and they just don't want to reveal too much about their tactics. The tourney is long and on only one map. With that lot of matches to be played (for the guys that make it to Top 10 or even further) intel about their proceedings are a valuable asset. Call it tryhard, but it's a reasonable opinion.

I'm looking forward to the finals and hope it will be a real party, at least on stream.
The finals will be streamed in all their drama & glory, right ???

#13 Falconer Cyrus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 23 September 2016 - 06:55 AM

PGI, pls improve quality of the streaming. It is impossible to watch it now without tears.

#14 anfadern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 September 2016 - 08:07 AM

I have to say that I really enjoy these games. I really didn't think much of e-sport before
I started to watch these games now I really think that you should try to stream more like
these events. It's fun to watch and I guess a bit exciting for the participants

I vote,
- More streamed games to the people!

#15 Talos7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 130 posts
  • LocationCesspool that is post 2016 Washington DC

Posted 23 September 2016 - 10:12 AM

There shouldn't be any reason why the games being played should not be casted or available at a later time to watch. Especially later on when we come down to the top few teams.
There is nothing secret about using team tactics and working as a team should.

#16 Falconer Cyrus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 15 October 2016 - 12:54 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 16 June 2016 - 04:15 PM, said:

At 4:30 PM PDT Today

I really don't understand, why PGI refuses to show a bit of respect to European users by specifying GMT time??

#17 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 16 October 2016 - 09:45 AM

View PostFalconer Cyrus, on 15 October 2016 - 12:54 AM, said:

I really don't understand, why PGI refuses to show a bit of respect to European users by specifying GMT time??

Posted Image

Sorry but know one understands your metric time over here ;)

#18 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:10 AM

Are the view counters on PGIs twitch channel broken? I only saw one (1!) video there which broke the 1000 view barrier: MWOWC EU Regional Finals DAY 1

Surely, that cannot be the whole interest in the massive push for esports PGI is hoping for.

#19 BanditB17

Competitive Play Moderator & Shoutcaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • 517 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:02 AM

Considering we had 1000 concurrent viewers during EU day 2 I am feeling pretty good about the exposure.

The view counters on the VoDs are for people who don't watch it live, and we're uploading the matches to youtube as well.

Edited by BanditB17, 17 October 2016 - 06:04 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users