578 replies to this topic

#21 Nexano

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFrom There

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:04 PM

Hmm some assaults and heavies become even bigger. Didn't expected that. Victor still unchanged but got LT|RT bonus structure. Vindi at last get some buff. Didn't forgottend QD good job. We shall see how it's works.

Edited by Nexano, 17 June 2016 - 04:05 PM.

#22 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:06 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 17 June 2016 - 04:01 PM, said:

On the oxide side, it needed a nerf in structural quirks, not a lame reduction in agility. Those reductions are there just to appease any whiner who doesn't look too hard.

I was surprised by this as well, but it will still be significant due to the fact that oxides are typically a bit slower due to having to cram 4 srm4s and 5+ tons of ammo... this will make it less manueverable.

It may survive the first alpha, but won't be able to scamper away from the second...

Edited by MovinTarget, 17 June 2016 - 04:07 PM.

#23 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:13 PM

Also notice they are not nerfing or buffing anything too radically?

For me that is further proof we are approaching some level of parity... at least as far as it can be measured...

...hopefully heat 2.0 won't come along and screw it up...

#24 shopsmart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:16 PM

First heavy I checked was my fav. Marauder. Bigger? Then I checked the other heavies. Feel better. They got chunkier and taller. Marauder just slightly changed in comparison. Orion surprised me. Locust though was my favorite. The bug just got buggier. Its going to be a fun time.

#25 Gerwig

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:19 PM

Are these patch notes a ******* joke? A ******** kid can do calculus better than you can design a ******* game.

#26 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:21 PM

I haven't been this excited for a patch in quite a while :D

#27 Guidestone

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:41 PM

I really like what I'm seeing in the patch notes for this update, especially the command wheel. It's a long overdue step in the right direction, but a step in the right direction nonetheless. Keep up up the good work PGI!

#28 Mr Inconsistent

• PipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 80 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSydney

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:44 PM

Weren't the new assault changes coming this patch?

#29 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:46 PM

Oxide gets a double nerf (size and quirks) right after a Hero sale, while the KDK-3, arguably the strongest mech in the game right now, gets better hitboxes. PGI logic haha!

Also did someone think the Huginn was too strong or what? Geez.

#30 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:04 PM

Wow, all IS FP mechs nerfed.

#31 Flutterguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 472 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:17 PM

View PostBlackhawkSC, on 17 June 2016 - 04:46 PM, said:

Oxide gets a double nerf (size and quirks) right after a Hero sale, while the KDK-3, arguably the strongest mech in the game right now, gets better hitboxes. PGI logic haha!

I'm guessing the Huginn is serving as an example to Oxide pilots. Y'know "Oh you think we nerfed the Oxide horribly? Look at what we're doing to the Huginn! If you don't want to end up like that you better shut up.and be grateful at our mercy"

#32 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:28 PM

View PostBlackhawkSC, on 17 June 2016 - 04:46 PM, said:

I dunno, if i had a dollar for everytime clanners screamed like little girls seeing oxides in cw...

Anyone who thought a nerf wasn't incoming after a massive influx of them was kidding themselves...

#33 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:28 PM

• An Uncontested Invasion Defense/Counter Attack Defense Drop will have no affect on Territories owned.

So what you're saying is...the best way to solidify a planet's hold once you get it above 51% in your favor while on the attack...is to stop attacking it?

Edited by Commander A9, 17 June 2016 - 05:29 PM.

#34 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 733 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:31 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 17 June 2016 - 04:02 PM, said:

I remember you... you used to argue that *all* the jenner iics were gimped... hate to break it to you but it is seldom the case that all of the variants of any chassis are gold... there is always at least one black sheep... if not more...

Glad to see I'm so famous... But too bad your memory is selective. I never intended to say the prime needed a boost. I may have given that impression, surely, but it wasn't what I intended and I made that clear several times.

You should also notice that my problem is with this particular mech, because as I said several times (strange your gifted memory did not retain that fact), it has the most obsolete and DOA variant of all.
Black sheeps I'm fine with, the blackest sheep of all is what I cannot bear.

#35 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:32 PM

Wow, that's a lot of work for the rescale. Interested in seeing how the redone 'mechs play. It is really nice seeing them go from smaller to larger in tonnage progression.

Glad for the fix on Forest Colony.

Looking forward to trying out the changes.

#36 Dr Gonzo316

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 104 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:35 PM

Good job double-nerfing every decent IS-heavy. Consequence will be that every decent player and merc unit will go clan and stomp the IS into dirt in cw once again. Of course, they buff the most overpowered mech ever and instead nerf things like the imba huggin. As always, requirkening is a complete fail.

Edited by Dr Gonzo316, 17 June 2016 - 05:47 PM.

#37 M i s t y

• PipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTamworth

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:40 PM

Nice patch . lests just screw over the Inner sphere even more . Nerf every mech that we can use in Faction warfare . Mite as well just remove all the Inner sphere mechs and only have clan mechs .

View PostMovinTarget, on 17 June 2016 - 05:28 PM, said:

I dunno, if i had a dollar for everytime clanners screamed like little girls seeing oxides in cw...

Anyone who thought a nerf wasn't incoming after a massive influx of them was kidding themselves...

Same can be said about all the Streak Dogs , Streak Crows , quad UAC10 Kodiaks , Jumpjets on nearly ever clan mech , etc

#38 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:43 PM

Wait!.. . You killed the Mini Map?.. Really?.. Or I missed something?

I mean.. It sounds like, that you just wedge a huge map, like Polar Highlands, into a 4 x 4,5 cm sized screen-box?.. So.. every detail on this map will be.. about... 5 times smaller, than now?... What???... I mean..

WHAT???

Edited by Sky Hawk, 17 June 2016 - 05:44 PM.

#39 SteelHoves

• PipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:01 PM

TTK is to short Russ's response lets make all the mechs larger except a select few, oh and for good measure take off some offensive quirks and structure just in case they can survive the first alpha. I do not understand the double hammer on most of IS heavy mechs. maybe it would be smart ( ie un PGI like) to adjust their size and see how it goes before you take away their structure quirks.

IS pilots please please don't run XL anymore come patch day save your self the headaches.

#40 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:02 PM

View PostDr Gonzo316, on 17 June 2016 - 05:35 PM, said:

Good job double-nerfing every decent IS-heavy. Consequence will be that every decent player and merc unit will go clan and stomp the IS into dirt in cw once again. Of course, they buff the most overpowered mech ever and instead nerf things like the imba huggin. As always, requirkening is a complete fail.

If what heard about heat 2.0 comes true don't worry, clams will get shafted too...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users